Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: The Steelers new Coach is..(drumroll please)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    You are still on this? Seeing positive things happen for African Americans must really bug you. You can think what you want, but African Americans (we are not "black folk", that term in and of itself is racist) will celebrate the significance of having two African American head coaches in the Super Bowl regardless of what others do. There is nothing you can do to stop that.

Period. End of discussion. Now, move on.
    No, I found the article on ESPN.com, and it reminded me of this thread, so I posted it. Did you even read it? I notice you have no take on it at all other than to reiterate your same opinion for the 1000th time.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    No, I found the article on ESPN.com, and it reminded me of this thread, so I posted it. Did you even read it? I notice you have no take on it at all other than to reiterate your same opinion for the 1000th time.

I am done talking about this with you, because you obviously have alot of hostility when it comes to the subject of race as well as a underline hostility towards anything positive relating to minorities. Nothing further to discuss. You have a blessed day.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Way to dodge the issue. You have nothing to say other than calling people out for having "hostility" and branding them racist just because the first thing they think of when looking at the Super Bowl XLI matchup is not the race of the two head coaches. Read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Way to dodge the issue. You have nothing to say other than calling people out for having "hostility" and branding them racist just because the first thing they think of when looking at the Super Bowl XLI matchup is not the race of the two head coaches. Read the article.
    You are what you are: hostile and bitter.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    You are still on this? Seeing positive things happen for African Americans must really bug you. You can think what you want, but most African Americans (we are not "black folk", that term in and of itself is racist) will celebrate the significance of having two African American head coaches in the Super Bowl regardless of what others do.

Period. End of discussion. Now, move on.
    African Americans (we are not "black folk", that term in and of itself is racist)
    So when you said "whites" at least twice in this thread, were you being a racist?
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

No, Darb, he doesn't see it that way. You know why? Because he's utterly incapable of engaging in an argument without reverting back to the same nonsensical opinion, all while branding the person as hostile and racist. So, obviously, double-standards and hypocrisy won't stop him.

And why is it "African-American" anyway? Do you heavily identify with African culture? Were you born there? Does that make me Italian-American? If we're white, why aren't you black? Or is that "racist"? Unbelievable.

So, since because most of us white folk are racist and hostile, I urge you, PR, to read up on Thomas Sowell. Do yourself a favor. This man just may open your eyes.

The problem is that many of us have absolutely no problem with race. THAT is the issue here. But, people like PR think that blacks NEED special attention. If you're not willing to give it to them/him, you're obviously a hate-filed racist.

I'm so done with this thread and topic in general. Some people just don't want engage in a LOGICAL argument.

EDIT: That's a great article by Michael Smith. He hit the nail right on the head.

Although, I'd have to say what those black bus drivers were saying is pretty unconscionable on a number of different fronts.
    Last edited by LBoogy; 01-26-2007 at 01:40 AM.

can't help the Squealers to lose their HC and two of their best assistants; Wisenhut was the OC. I think he and Grimm are INSANE to jump Pigsburgh and work for Bidwell. Look at all the guys like Tobin and now Denny Green that coach the Cards; this is a graveyard for coaches. I'm guessing Wisenhut found he wasn't getting the PS job so took the next available, and Grimm found same and jumped ship, either from spite, fear of a new coach cleaning house, to be with KW, or just for the $. the Squealers have a rep for lowballing their staff.
    either way; here's hoping for a long, difficult and unsuccesful transition for the new Squealers staff (regardless of their color[s]).
    the other big question up there; will Roths ever be 100% again? he had some good games late 2006 (not against US, hee hee hee).