Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Parcells Retires

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738949

I gotta think he's just sick of the BS that goes along with coaching nowadays. Specifically TO.

Im sure there were other reasons, but I gotta believe TO was a part of it.

It'll be interesting to see who takes over in Dallas.

PP

Re: Parcells Retires

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738949

I gotta think he's just sick of the BS that goes along with coaching nowadays. Specifically TO.
    Can't blame him. It's a circus in big D.
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Please don't let Rex Ryan go down there.

You just KNOW that there'll be rumors about how they are trying to talk to Cowher...

They will want a high profile guy down there. I doubt they'd be interested in Rex.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Good move on his part. Jerry Jones is a bad owner for the fact he brought that cancer (TO) to Dallas.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Could they want Dennis Green?
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

parcells has had more retirements than frank sinatra, terry funk and sugar ray leonard it seems but you gotta think he's done here right? also, i don't see rex getting that job, jerry jones likes the big names as was mentioned before. you think he tries to take a stab at cowher?

Cowher has actually still got a year left on his contract with the Steelers, so if they hired Cowher they'd have to compensate Pittsburgh. I doubt that Jones would be willing to give up a high draft pick for Chin.

Then again, he does seem to like the high profile guys, so who knows?

I do find this story somewhat surprising. I wonder what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Cowher has actually still got a year left on his contract with the Steelers, so if they hired Cowher they'd have to compensate Pittsburgh. I doubt that Jones would be willing to give up a high draft pick for Chin.

Then again, he does seem to like the high profile guys, so who knows?

I do find this story somewhat surprising. I wonder what happened.
    The Cowboys experiment is tarnishing his legacy, from my perspective. A couple more years of mediocrity - which is what I think awaits him down there - and people might begin to forget he's a genius.

He's in a similar situation to JO, in a way. They've both worked really hard and secured their legacies and their fortunes. Why kill yourself for another year in the game, if not to win?

I bet Jones waits to see what happens in SD before pulling the trigger on a new coach.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Bob Stoops name has already come up as a candidate on NFL Network, but Wade Phillips name has circled around for a while now, supposely Jones likes Phillips alot.......

on to Parcells, for some reason, I still think in a yr or 2 he'll be back somewhere, jmo though
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just and doesn't know what to do?"

Parcell's mo since leaving the Giants has been to go to NE / Jets / Cowboys for a few years, take a year off, then resurface.
    JJ might definitely consider Cowher; this is the kind of headline-grabbing move he loves. he'd probably offer the chin double the $ the Squealers offered.
    Parcells might conceivably end up in DC next year if Gibbs leaves, but I don't think he'd tolerate Snyder for more than a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    They did not pay Williams all that $ to be the highest paid assistant and not to be Gibbs successor. Zero chance he is in DC. He may take the GM job in NY
    Snyder doesn't care about money.

If Parcells is out there and Snyder wants him, he'll clean house and pay him. That being said, I don't think Parcells is up for dealing with another owner with an ego the size of Snyder's.

And the GM in NY has been filled.

PP