Blog Entries

24x7 Article: State of the Union, Ravens Front Office Prepares to Deliver Its Message

There is a new article on the main page.

State of the Union, Ravens Front Office Prepares to Deliver Its Message - Let's hope this year's is as riveting as last year's (1/24)

Link to complete article...

(This thread created automatically by 24x7 Admin's RSS robots).

Re: 24x7 Article: State of the Union, Ravens Front Office Prepares to Deliver Its Mes

Good article. He nailed it to the masthead. I love BB, but all the comments about his flaws were right on the money.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Re: 24x7 Article: State of the Union, Ravens Front Office Prepares to Deliver Its Mes

While inside I want to make excuses and say that we need an offense that is tailored to help our defense, I have to admit that sometimes I find myself wondering why the Ravens don't sometimes take more chances knowing they have that great defense behind them.

It'd be nice to see a surprise onside kick or a fake punt as the article suggests. Although the Ravens do seem to go for it on 4th down quite a lot, we only seem to convert if the QB sneak is working and only seem to go for it anyway when in manageable 4th-1 situations. We have also seen the Ravens do the flea flickers in past seasons so it is curious to me why it wasn't used a couple of times this year with the better talent at receiver and the better performance of the O-line.

And please... please... rip out, burn, and/or use as toilet paper the pages in the playbook that in any way involve end arounds or reverses... they're terrible and they never work for the Ravens.