Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show



    Not sure if anyone heard the caller today, probably around 2:45, lay the verbal smack down on Preston. He basically said he doesn't like the way he disrespects fans opinions, how he'll say to callers "well that's why you're a fan" and things like that. Of course Burgandy had to jump in with support and male cheerleader Zinno says everyone in the Ravens organization respects Mike Preston's opinion - "trust me" Zinno said. Hey if anyone has their finger on the pulse of the Ravens organization, it's a former male cheerleader turned second rate radio show producer.

    Anyway, for the record I hate Preston a little less after hearing him on the radio, he doesn't seem quite as negative, just thought this was funny to hear. Especially how Burgandy gets with the negative callers - classic.




  2. #2

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    I heard it.

    What I found interesting was that Bruce continually asks the Preston bashers to call in, and when someone finally stepped up, he essentially cut him off mid sentence, twice. I'm actually like Bruce's show (flame away), but I thought that was a reaction he should not have made. If you are inviting the conversation, let the conversation happen.




  3. #3

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ__ View Post
    I heard it.

    What I found interesting was that Bruce continually asks the Preston bashers to call in, and when someone finally stepped up, he essentially cut him off mid sentence, twice. I'm actually like Bruce's show (flame away), but I thought that was a reaction he should not have made. If you are inviting the conversation, let the conversation happen.

    In all seriousness though did anyone really think that Cunningham would let people call in and take on Preston? He's been carrying Mike Preston's water for a long time, even back in the WNST days.

    Bruce Cunningham does not do well with adverse opinions. He never has. He's fine until you disagree with something he says/thinks. Then he cuts you off and insults you. That's also always been his M.O.




  4. #4

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    In all seriousness though did anyone really think that Cunningham would let people call in and take on Preston? He's been carrying Mike Preston's water for a long time, even back in the WNST days.

    Bruce Cunningham does not do well with adverse opinions. He never has. He's fine until you disagree with something he says/thinks. Then he cuts you off and insults you. That's also always been his M.O.
    Yep, every Sat morning we got to hear how great of a guy Preston was from Bruce and Aaron on WNST. The media tend to "stick together" and defend each other, in most cases.

    Usually radio is barely listenable after a loss, but with that idiot Preston on it is impossible. Between him and that completely arrogant prick Davis I don't know who is worse. I tried to watch the MMQB show but had to turn it off after 45 minutes because I just could not take it anymore.

    Brucie has very thin skin, whether it be on the radio or the internet.

    I wish I could have heard the show probably was pretty funny.




  5. #5

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Not sure if anyone heard the caller today, probably around 2:45, lay the verbal smack down on Preston. He basically said he doesn't like the way he disrespects fans opinions, how he'll say to callers "well that's why you're a fan" and things like that. Of course Burgandy had to jump in with support and male cheerleader Zinno says everyone in the Ravens organization respects Mike Preston's opinion - "trust me" Zinno said. Hey if anyone has their finger on the pulse of the Ravens organization, it's a former male cheerleader turned second rate radio show producer.

    Anyway, for the record I hate Preston a little less after hearing him on the radio, he doesn't seem quite as negative, just thought this was funny to hear. Especially how Burgandy gets with the negative callers - classic.
    I've said the same thing before, Preston is much more tolerable on the radio than in print.

    I heard the call as well and totally agree with that caller. Wally Williams is a real know it all. When he disagrees with fans he often gets really snide about it.

    But when the caller made his claim that they disrespect their callers I heard Zinno jump all over that caller to come to Prestons defense. It's obvious that these guys are just too into themselves to even consider their rapport (or lack thereof) with fans. What was really funny was that Zinno went out of his way to talk about how much Preston was respected within the Ravens organization!!!

    Give me Bruce Laird, Tom Matte, Stan White and a handful of other guys any time but keep the opinionated and nasty Wally Williams and Zinno off the freakin air.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ__ View Post
    I heard it.

    What I found interesting was that Bruce continually asks the Preston bashers to call in, and when someone finally stepped up, he essentially cut him off mid sentence, twice. I'm actually like Bruce's show (flame away), but I thought that was a reaction he should not have made. If you are inviting the conversation, let the conversation happen.
    100% true. It is worth mentioning that Burgandy did say after he cut the caller off twice and practically rushed him off the air that "at least he called and said it to your face." Preston just sat there really.

    Like everyone else has pointed out, he doesn't do well with adverse opinions. It cracks me up when people call ripping him or Zinno or whatever.




  7. #7

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    You guys better watch it you may get a PM where someone challenges you to a fight.





  8. #8

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    You guys better watch it you may get a PM where someone challenges you to a fight.

    I'm not the only one that has gotten those PMs?




  9. #9

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    I like Mike Preston as a journalist, but as an analyst he is not all that.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,008
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    It goes either way for me...

    There are some opinions that fans call in with where I agree 100% with Preston, because some fans are more Chicken Little/Armchair GM types...going "We should trade Foxworth, all our draft picks, and Troy Smith for Champ Bailey and Brandon Marshall...Otherwise, pack up because this team will never win anything" and stupid comments about how we shouldn't be passing it much because we have such a great run game and Flacco hasn't proven anything yet.

    Then again, Preston also made some idiotic statements this week on MMQB about how we needed new personel at CB and pass rusher. THAT to me was stupid. Where are we going to find ANYONE better than our current players off the street. ANY analyst with half a brain should know that replacing those guys with street free agents won't do us a lick of good.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  11. #11

    Re: Preston gets owned on Bruce Burgandy's show

    What station is Preston usually on?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland