Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 64
  1. #1

    Harbaugh won't rule out trade



    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ibilities.html

    Harbaugh on making a trade: "There are possibilities"

    Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Friday that “there are possibilities” of a trade but he couldn’t gauge whether the team would make a move before Tuesday’s NFL deadline.

    “It’s so to anticipate activity,” Harbaugh said when asked about the possibility of a trade. “We work on a lot of things. I know Ozzie [Newsome], Eric [DeCosta] and Vince [Newsome] and those guys turn over every stone to make our team better. I’m sure they are looking at a lot of things right now. There are possibilities, but it’s so hard to make a trade in the NFL. You don’t see it very often. It’s very rare. We just have to see what happens.
    Anyone think he is serious or just trying to light a fire under the team going into Minnesota,specifically the wideouts?




  2. #2

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Anyone think he is serious or just trying to light a fire under the team going into Minnesota,specifically the wideouts?
    Harbs always says something to the effect of "We will look at any move that will make our team better, yada yada yada...". I see this the same as any of those comments, and we haven't seen any ground-shattering trades for a WR yet.




  3. #3

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    I do not think he would put it out there for no reason. Maybe to drum up some interest or to motivate his own guys.







  4. #4

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I do not think he would put it out there for no reason. Maybe to drum up some interest or to motivate his own guys.
    How about when talks of the Boldin trade were swirling? Or the Brandon Marshall trade? He gave the same exact answer. The reporters ask if he is interested in any WR's because the fans are sure as hell wondering that, and Harbs gives the cookie cutter answer that he has given since he has been here.

    I see this as nothing, really. I sure as hell hope we make a move for a WR, but I don't see it happening (as it hasn't the last 18 times WR trade talks have come up).




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    How about when talks of the Boldin trade were swirling? Or the Brandon Marshall trade? He gave the same exact answer. The reporters ask if he is interested in any WR's because the fans are sure as hell wondering that, and Harbs gives the cookie cutter answer that he has given since he has been here.

    I see this as nothing, really. I sure as hell hope we make a move for a WR, but I don't see it happening (as it hasn't the last 18 times WR trade talks have come up).
    This.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  6. #6

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    How about when talks of the Boldin trade were swirling? Or the Brandon Marshall trade? He gave the same exact answer. The reporters ask if he is interested in any WR's because the fans are sure as hell wondering that, and Harbs gives the cookie cutter answer that he has given since he has been here.

    I see this as nothing, really. I sure as hell hope we make a move for a WR, but I don't see it happening (as it hasn't the last 18 times WR trade talks have come up).
    I actually think the Ravens are and have been a player in any potential trade for a big time WR, just not at a high price. The cookie cutter answer they have given unlike most teams, is not the one that shoots rumours down but stirrs them up even more, tampering through the media without tampering.

    No one seems willing to give up good players at a good price without some serious baggage and or injury issues. If a guy is williing to hold out of slap a celebrity entourage member, maybe the Ravens will get the first phone call when the team is willing to get them out of town.

    Schefter seems to think Bowe, Merriman and even Peppers may be be on the move before the trade deadline, and I would be happy to get any of the 3 for a discount or conditional pick situation.







  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    12,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    I wouldn't read anything into it, but part of me is hoping we make a run at Dwayne Bowe...either now or in the offseason.

    If the reports about him and Haley not getting along are true, there's a chance we can get him a bit cheaper than any of the other big name WRs. And his size and skillset is exactly what we'd need to really solve our WR situation for next year (where literally ALL of our WRs are free agents)

    I was not big into the talk about TO/Boldin/Brandon Marshall...but I can get behind this Bowe idea...maybe even trade a 2nd and a 4th for Bowe, I could definitley live with that!
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  8. #8

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I wouldn't read anything into it, but part of me is hoping we make a run at Dwayne Bowe...either now or in the offseason.

    If the reports about him and Haley not getting along are true, there's a chance we can get him a bit cheaper than any of the other big name WRs. And his size and skillset is exactly what we'd need to really solve our WR situation for next year (where literally ALL of our WRs are free agents)

    I was not big into the talk about TO/Boldin/Brandon Marshall...but I can get behind this Bowe idea...maybe even trade a 2nd and a 4th for Bowe, I could definitley live with that!
    Yeah, I completely agree. I don't think a 2 and a 4 would get it done for Bowe, but I don't see how we wouldn't jump all over that if it was out there.

    The problem is, I don't know if our FO thinks the same way we do. Ozzie sees a 2nd and a 4th as a Ray Rice and Jason Brown out there, so it is really hard for him to part ways with it.

    Things could change this off-season because of all the expiring contracts, but I won't believe any of this talk until I see some action.




  9. #9

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    we need either a true #1 WR or a true #1 corner. I was hoping that Heap would give us a pro bowl type year so that we did not need another WR, but that doesnt seem to be happening. I think that this one piece of the puzzle could be the difference between missing the playoffs or at best being a wild card(assuming that the Bungles/Steelers dont collapse and 10-6 is enough to win the division), and being a Super Bowl favorite with a first round bye. We really are that close. I am always a big fan of mortgaging your future to win now in football, especially since our future at least on defense does not look great with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the fence.




  10. #10

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    Bowe is really the only guy that I could see them considering. We couldn't afford to bring in Peppers, Merriman, Boldin, TO, etc. Those guys all have big contracts and I can't imagine we have that kind of cap room. Bowe on the other hand makes about half a mill a year and has two more full seasons under contract. We couldn't get him for less than a number one though.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    12,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Yeah, I completely agree. I don't think a 2 and a 4 would get it done for Bowe, but I don't see how we wouldn't jump all over that if it was out there.

    The problem is, I don't know if our FO thinks the same way we do. Ozzie sees a 2nd and a 4th as a Ray Rice and Jason Brown out there, so it is really hard for him to part ways with it.

    Things could change this off-season because of all the expiring contracts, but I won't believe any of this talk until I see some action.
    I tend to agree with this, and this is actually why I don't see this happening until the offseason.

    Right now, it's too early to tell player evaluation wise, what we might be looking for in the draft. At the end of the year, we have a better idea of where each player is in terms of next year, so we can start to decide if it's worth it to give up those chips for him.

    I think the attractive thing about Bowe is he won't cost nearly as much as a Boldin or Marshall. He's a bonafide WR, but he hasn't had the production of either of those guys. So while a 2nd and 4th might be a bit low, he's still not going to be a "mortgage your team" type of trade. Especially since it appears Bowe nd KC are on the outs with each other.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,162

    Re: Harbaugh won't rule out trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I do not think he would put it out there for no reason. Maybe to drum up some interest or to motivate his own guys.
    He was asked a question and answered it, he didn't bring up the trade. And the answer is the stock answer given for any question regarding players: "We will look at any way to make the team better."

    Nothing else here.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland