Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco

Re: Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Take it for whatever it's worth, but Schefter said today that the Chiefs are saying they're not even listening to offers for Bowe.

Now, Jerry Jones saying they're not trading for Roy Williams last year, so I think we all know how reliable teams can be. But that's what they've said.

- C -
    Then we have a war of the insiders, Glazer says the opposite.

Chiefs willing to trade anyone but Cassel

Posted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2009 2:06 PM ET

At a time when the Raiders reportedly are willing to trade anyone except cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, the Chiefs also are in fire-sale mode.

Per Jay Glazer of FOX, every Chiefs player is potentially on the block, with the exception of quarterback Matt Cassel.

That might change if the Chiefs can get their first win of the year, and their third in the last 31 games. They currently lead the Redskins on the road, 3-0.

Specific names that have been linked to possible trades include linebacker Derrick Johnson, defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey, and receiver Dwayne Bowe.

Flacco could be one of the best with a true number 1 wide out.

The bye might be falling on the perfect week if Ozie wants to get something done.

Bowe hugged his coach after the game today, so I think that ship has sailed. I do believe that the Chiefs wanted to deal him on Friday, but I'm sure Ozzie lowballed and they balked.

Ozzie apparently thinks the team is fine. He paid big bucks for Foxworthless in the off season, so he apparently thinks he's the real deal. He traded for Washington 2 years ago, and seems content. He didn't use any high draft picks on corners, even took Freddy Kruger instead of a DB. Ozzie thinks we're good in the secondary. He seemed to think we were fine at wideout as well since he did nothing but bring in his usual cast-offs. The only thing that makes me think we were considering a trade for a WR is the fact that after this season we won't have one under contract. It sure would be nice for our franchise QB to develop a connection with a wideout like he has with Mason. Unfortunately Mason is likely retiring after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Bowe hugged his coach after the game today, so I think that ship has sailed. I do believe that the Chiefs wanted to deal him on Friday, but I'm sure Ozzie lowballed and they balked.
    Lol, nice baseless speculation there.

I'd trade my 1st for Nnamdi and my 2nd and a 4th for Bowe. Neither of those would likely happen, but damn, a guy can dream.

Flacco is the freakin man.

Flacco is the real deal.

We just need a good top WR

I doubt Oz made an offer for Bowe on Friday as we just signed Tyree. It would make sense for it to happen Monday or on Tuesday. And I would not give a #1 for him.

I want a CB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post

Ozzie apparently thinks the team is fine. He paid big bucks for Foxworthless in the off season, so he apparently thinks he's the real deal. He traded for Washington 2 years ago, and seems content. He didn't use any high draft picks on corners, even took Freddy Kruger instead of a DB. Ozzie thinks we're good in the secondary. He seemed to think we were fine at wideout as well since he did nothing but bring in his usual cast-offs. The only thing that makes me think we were considering a trade for a WR is the fact that after this season we won't have one under contract. It sure would be nice for our franchise QB to develop a connection with a wideout like he has with Mason. Unfortunately Mason is likely retiring after the season.
    I know Oz is a golden boy around here, but he has to be held accountable for this. Harbs too as it seems as Harbs is the one who stressed speed first in CB play.

Washington was a Raider castoff who is ok when he got here, but not a guy who you wouldn't think of upgrading. He is soft and seems to easily lose his confidence. Foxworth was a career nickle/dime back who Ozzie obviously paid way too much money for. Carr has never had any type of role on defense with any of his previous teams. And Walker was a castoff from Green Bay and New York who was also a career dime back. And I can't believe that Webb is that much worse than Carr and Walker that he virtually never see's the field.

I'm not jumping on the panic train with Kruger, but if he isn't going to contribute at all this year, you don't take guys in the second round as projects. Would have LOVED to have Sean Smith here instead of Kruger at this point. I mean, I know it's hindsight, but Oz could have had Smith and Mike Wallace instead of Kruger and Webb...2 guys that many of us were high on. Instead, Kruger looks like he will contribute as much as I will to the team this year and it took 5 weeks to get Webb out there doing anything other than covering kicks.

Back to Joe, I'm just annoyed that basically, he could have had 2 signature wins/comebacks in the past 3 weeks, only to have the defense/WR/K screw the pooch for him.

Blog Entries

This might be a little OT, but why didn't we go after McFadden in stead of Foxworth, Fox was never proven.
    I think the real problem with the secondary lies in the hands of Landry.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Back to Joe, I'm just annoyed that basically, he could have had 2 signature wins/comebacks in the past 3 weeks, only to have the defense/WR/K screw the pooch for him.
    O so true.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    This might be a little OT, but why didn't we go after McFadden in stead of Foxworth, Fox was never proven.

I had been saying that all offseason.

Fox NEVER was a starter going into a season and only started 10 or so games in Atlanta last year due to an injury.

It's not like McFadden was an all pro or anything, but he was a hell of a lot cheaper and started a hell of a lot more games for a hell of a defense up in Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I know Oz is a golden boy around here, but he has to be held accountable for this. Harbs too as it seems as Harbs is the one who stressed speed first in CB play.

Washington was a Raider castoff who is ok when he got here, but not a guy who you wouldn't think of upgrading. He is soft and seems to easily lose his confidence. Foxworth was a career nickle/dime back who Ozzie obviously paid way too much money for. Carr has never had any type of role on defense with any of his previous teams. And Walker was a castoff from Green Bay and New York who was also a career dime back. And I can't believe that Webb is that much worse than Carr and Walker that he virtually never see's the field.

I'm not jumping on the panic train with Kruger, but if he isn't going to contribute at all this year, you don't take guys in the second round as projects. Would have LOVED to have Sean Smith here instead of Kruger at this point. I mean, I know it's hindsight, but Oz could have had Smith and Mike Wallace instead of Kruger and Webb...2 guys that many of us were high on. Instead, Kruger looks like he will contribute as much as I will to the team this year and it took 5 weeks to get Webb out there doing anything other than covering kicks.

God forbid you criticize Teflon Oz. Since the 2004 draft, we only have Ngata (a bonafide superstar), a subpar SS in Landry, and a sorta tweener LB in Gooden to show for as current starters on the Defensive side. Thats the #1 reason why we currently suck. So I guess Mr Magoo (Mattison) will be our favorite whipping boy, b/c the old standby, Billick, aint around anymore.

Blog Entries

And on the offensive side, we have Ray Rice, Joe Flacco, Michael Oher, Jared Gaither, Ben Grubbs, Marshal Yanda (good injury starter), LeRon McClain from the 2004-09 drafts.

Not to mention the free agents/trades Ozzie has brought in during that time...Derrick Mason, Kelley Washington, Matt Birk, Trevor Pryce, Brendon Ayanbedejo, Justin Bannan, the late Steve McNair...

Yeah, Ozzie has just been twiddling his thumbs and riding on the laurels of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. He's a joke as a GM.
    FOR REED, BIRK, BOLDIN, RAY, ART, TEVIN, OJ, and BALTIMORE...
    SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPION RAVENS!!!!!!

"We don't make it easy, but that's the way the city of Baltimore is, and that's the way we are. We did this for them back home." - Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    And on the offensive side, we have Ray Rice, Joe Flacco, Michael Oher, Jared Gaither, Ben Grubbs, Marshal Yanda (good injury starter), LeRon McClain from the 2004-09 drafts.

Not to mention the free agents/trades Ozzie has brought in during that time...Derrick Mason, Kelley Washington, Matt Birk, Trevor Pryce, Brendon Ayanbedejo, Justin Bannan, the late Steve McNair...

Yeah, Ozzie has just been twiddling his thumbs and riding on the laurels of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. He's a joke as a GM.
    Don't even waste your time.

It's absolutely laughable to rip Oz at all. Of our starting O and D right now:

Flacco
    Rice
    McLain
    Gaither
    Grubbs
    Birk
    Chester
    Oher
    Mason
    Clayton
    Heap

Suggs
    Gregg
    Ngata
    Pryce
    Johnson
    Lewis
    Gooden
    Washington
    Reed
    Landry
    Foxworth

16 of the 22 were drafted by us.

The Oz haters moaned he hasn't delivered us a QB, he drafted Flacco.

They moaned that we needed OL help, he steals Oher.

And now you're going to blame the D on him? Come on, you're having a laugh, right?