Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    John Clayton Updates



    Clayton said earlier on SC that we are one of the teams interested in Willis Magahee.

    Also, the Bills signed G Derrick Dockery to a 7 yr/48.5 million deal with 16 up front.

    And the Browns signed G/T Eric Steinbach to a 7 yr/49 million deal with 17.5 up front.

    That's Steve Hutchinson money.

    Crazy.

    PP




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    That's silly money for Dockery and I've got a feeling that that money for Steinbach is as cover for if Joe Thomas ain't available at #3 for them to take, because let's be honest, Kevin Shaffer is horrible.




  3. #3

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    That's silly money for Dockery and I've got a feeling that that money for Steinbach is as cover for if Joe Thomas ain't available at #3 for them to take, because let's be honest, Kevin Shaffer is horrible.
    Yea, Detroit is gonna take Thomas IMO.

    Clayton was sayin that Steinbach can move over to Tackle. Wonder how that will work out.

    This about clinches it that the Browns will take Adrian Peterson at 3.

    PP




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    reisterstown
    Posts
    302

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Yea, Detroit is gonna take Thomas IMO.

    Clayton was sayin that Steinbach can move over to Tackle. Wonder how that will work out.

    This about clinches it that the Browns will take Adrian Peterson at 3.

    PP
    Word out of Det is now that Foster is there Det will take either Quinn or C Johnson.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.




  5. #5

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    Word out of Det is now that Foster is there Det will take either Quinn or C Johnson.
    Hmm, forgot about that.

    Foster played poorly last year but is a former 1st rounder.

    I could see that.

    Can you imagine if the Lions took another WR with their first pick?

    Really, they should take Quinn even though Johnson might turn out to be great.

    Either way, Millen will screw it up.

    PP




  6. #6

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Also, the Bills signed G Derrick Dockery to a 7 yr/48.5 million deal with 16 up front.

    And the Browns signed G/T Eric Steinbach to a 7 yr/49 million deal with 17.5 up front.
    I realize that there are teams with a lot of money to spend, but this is just nuts. These guys are not worth this much up-front money.




  7. #7

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I realize that there are teams with a lot of money to spend, but this is just nuts. These guys are not worth this much up-front money.
    I agree totally on Dockery. What makes it more curious is Ralph Wilson was bitching the most about the new CBA etc.... and they have a stud CB in Clements who is now a FA. Yet they throw this cake at Dockery? What a joke.

    Steinbach on the other hand, is a great player. Yes, huge numbers, but he's damn good.

    The market it out of whack because of the enormous amount of room some of the cheap teams had combined with the jump in the cap.

    PP




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    No guard is worth that much for my money. Guards you take guys and coach them up, you don't spend tackle money on them. Save the money for the guys who can make the most impact on your line, that's your tackles. The day the Ravens spend tackle money on a guard is the day I get worried about Ozzie, I'm thankful that he's never done that.




  9. #9

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    No guard is worth that much for my money. Guards you take guys and coach them up, you don't spend tackle money on them. Save the money for the guys who can make the most impact on your line, that's your tackles. The day the Ravens spend tackle money on a guard is the day I get worried about Ozzie, I'm thankful that he's never done that.
    Yea, but when you go so far the other way (i.e. the amount our current guards make), you sorta get what you pay for.

    Believe me, I don't want to spend that money on a guard either, but a little jump here and there would be nice.

    PP




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Yea, but when you go so far the other way (i.e. the amount our current guards make), you sorta get what you pay for.

    Believe me, I don't want to spend that money on a guard either, but a little jump here and there would be nice.

    PP
    True but I'd rather underspend and have money left over to spend on an elite tackle to then move my inferior tackles inside than have blown silly money on a guard and be unable to upgrade my tackles.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Steinbach is reportedly getting $23million in the first three years of the contract! Yikes!




  12. #12

    Re: John Clayton Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Steinbach is reportedly getting $23million in the first three years of the contract! Yikes!
    From the Browns.

    Say a prayer for him.

    PP




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland