Page 154 of 254 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,837 to 1,848 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
    by JasonLaCanfora
    I am told that the Jets have redone the contracts of B Scott, LT, C Pace, Brandone Moore as well as Brunnell to set the stage for Asomugha.
    Crap...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Brian (B-More) explains it pretty well in the 'why aren't the ravens active' thread.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

To be honest, I think one of the least effective places for Nnamdi to go is the Jets. You've already got the best corner in the league and another who's damn good; the marginal benefit from adding Asomugha is much less than what you'd get from investing in a stud pass rusher.

But then again, I'm not Rex Ryan and I don't have two AFC championship appearances under my belt.

I know, but everyone is trying to improve is restructuring. So agree with Ngata (easier said than done) and restructure a few that you can and make AN improvement or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I don't understand this sentiment.

The NFL isn't some auto parts supplier or something; contracts in the NFL are made to be broken. Breaking the contract has implications for the breaking party, of course, but it's par for the course. Teams do it all the time. Why shouldn't a player get to do it?

Mike Brown has nobody to blame but himself, as far as I'm concerned, and the poor Bengals fans, some of whom are misguided (just as some Orioles fans are misguided, for the same reason, see: Stockholm Syndrome) have nobody to blame but Mike Brown.
    How about this one:

To Carson Palmer - We wil not reward you a trade because you want to leave a bad situation.

To Chad Eight. Five. - You've been an asshat for quite some time now. We'd like to reward you by sending you to play with Tom Brady on a legitimate championship contender.

edit: To the fans: the Carson/Chad era was a big waste of time for all of us. Let's forget about it entirely. AJ and Andy!

This just in for all the hyperventilating posters......lol
    The Ravens remain in contact with free agents Todd Heap and Derrick Mason about the possibility of re-signing.
    I say let them go. I like the Vontae Leach rumor. Hope Ozzie can pull that off.

Add Chris Carr to the list of possible re-signees

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post

Originally Posted by BLSmokey To Carson Palmer: Honor your contract!

I don't understand this sentiment.

The NFL isn't some auto parts supplier or something; contracts in the NFL are made to be broken. Breaking the contract has implications for the breaking party, of course, but it's par for the course. Teams do it all the time. Why shouldn't a player get to do it?

Mike Brown has nobody to blame but himself, as far as I'm concerned, and the poor Bengals fans, some of whom are misguided (just as some Orioles fans are misguided, for the same reason, see: Stockholm Syndrome) have nobody to blame but Mike Brown.

Not to put words in Smokey's mouth, but I suspect he agrees with you and was writing that to describe Mike Brown's stance. I had to read it a couple of times myself to get that (some quotation marks might have helped).

EDIT: Never mind, I see Smokey just responded while I was in the process of writing this.

I pretty much agree with both of you. It can be argued that if Palmer weren't prepared to stick it out in Cincy then he shouldn't have signed that long term deal. But ...as you point out, teams dump players all the time regardless of contracts. Palmer can't go play for another team, but he has the right to retire at any time.

How have the Jets created so much cap room?

They restructured like half their team...Sanchez, Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, LT, and Brandon Moore.

9. Re: Around the NFL

Looks like they'll go with the sign a few veterans plan. Wilson though thinks we can't afford Leach. Golly, how can we not afford Leach? LOL yet the Steelers who were 10 mil over the cap have signed back Ike Taylor and Willie Colon to fruitful contracts. I get they released a few guys but not enough for those two guys, no way. I just have to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    But then again, I'm not Rex Ryan and I don't have two AFC championship appearances under my belt.
    But do you have a baby elephant under your belt?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Not to put words in Smokey's mouth, but I suspect he agrees with you and was writing that to describe Mike Brown's stance. I had to read it a couple of times myself to get that (some quotation marks might have helped).

EDIT: Never mind, I see Smokey just responded.

I pretty much agree with both of you. It can be argued that if Palmer weren't prepared to stick it out in Cincy then he shouldn't have signed that long term deal. But ...as you point out, teams dump players all the time regardless of contracts. Palmer can't go play for another team, but he has the right to retire at any time.
    Yes, indeed. That was said in the voice of Mike Brown after sending a salute his way.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    But do you have a baby elephant under your belt?