Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Jen Royle Drops Case Against Nestor

And it didn't take Nestor long to write a long blog about it.

http://wnst.net/wordpress/nestorapar...yee-v-wnstnet/

Blog Entries

Re: Jen Royle's loses case to Nestor

And we are most certainly through with Miss Royle and her drama.
    Aand then he proceeds to go on for about 3 or 4 more pages about it.

Just. Shut. Up. Yeah, it was a dumb lawsuit. FILMO!

I swear, everytime Nestor grabs his soapbox...If I had a penny for every time he did, I'd be RICH.
    FOR REED, BIRK, BOLDIN, RAY, ART, TEVIN, OJ, and BALTIMORE...
    SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPION RAVENS!!!!!!

"We don't make it easy, but that's the way the city of Baltimore is, and that's the way we are. We did this for them back home." - Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It was dropped on her end -- not the courts.

This more than likely indicates there was an out of court settlement.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-29-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

3,749 words is not a blog... it's a chapter of a book! I stopped 2 or 3 paragraphs in....

He is a horrible, horrible writer.

So redundant.

I don't think he'd be on his soapbox talking about his "victory" and claiming his innocence like that if he settled out of court IMHO.

Saying, "It looks like I won," Jennifer Royle, a sportscaster at 105.7 The Fan, confirmed Monday that she has dropped her defamation lawsuit against Nestor Aparicio and two of his colleagues at radio station WNST.

The $800,000 suit against station owner Aparicio and two of his on-air hosts claimed that they diminished Royle's reputation by calling her "trashy" and incompetent on-air and online.

Royle, who has been covering the Orioles and the Ravens for WJZ-FM and Mid-Atlantic Sports Network for about 17 months, had filed the suit March 10 in Baltimore Circuit Court. Royle now reports only for radio station 105.7 The Fan.

The suit alleges that during her time at MASN, Aparicio, Glenn Clark and Drew Forrester made repeated statements about Royle on WNST 1570-AM, on blogs and on Twitter. According to the suit, the statements included saying Royle was incompetent, involved in sexual relationships with multiple professional athletes and resembled a stripper.

In a telephone interview Monday, Royle characterized the outcome of her suit as a victory even though she received no money from Aparicio, Clark or Forrester.

"I initially wanted to sue for an apology," Royle said. "But apparently, according to my attorney, I needed to put a dollar figure on it or something. I never wanted a penny. All I wanted was for the harassment to stop. Nestor wrote on his blog that he will never speak my name again. It looks like I won."

Royle added that "no female reporter should have to go through what" she did in terms of what she characterized as harrassment from Aparicio, Clark and Forrester.

"I was doing this for the next girl [female sportscaster] who came in after me," she said Monday.

"I am just glad it's over," Clark said Monday morning in a telephone interview. "I've never done any of the things I was accused of in that lawsuit."
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    I don't think he'd be on his soapbox talking about his "victory" and claiming his innocence like that if he settled out of court IMHO.
    The fact that both sides are claiming victory tells me otherwise.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I don't know which one is worse sadly! :*( lol

Off topic, I have been a fan of Nestor's in the past. But like many have said every time a topic comes up Nestor makes it about himself! I.E. last week when Flanny died. Nestor talked about his relaztionship with flanny, but it turned into a flanny liked me so much, admired me story! Rather then the supposed tribute it was supposed to be! It really made me sick!

eh...reading the court document, I don't think there was any financial settlement.

It looked like she was refusing to submit to some of the questioning.

Quote Originally Posted by fthestoolers View Post
    I don't know which one is worse sadly! :*( lol

Off topic, I have been a fan of Nestor's in the past. But like many have said every time a topic comes up Nestor makes it about himself! I.E. last week when Flanny died. Nestor talked about his relaztionship with flanny, but it turned into a flanny liked me so much, admired me story! Rather then the supposed tribute it was supposed to be! It really made me sick!
    One of the rare occasions I heard his station via the internet and it really put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    And it didn't take Nestor long to write a long blog about it.

http://wnst.net/wordpress/nestorapar...yee-v-wnstnet/
    I'd rather watch paint dry than to read his War & Peace blogs. They all have two common themes: 1) Shameless self-promotion; and 2) How he is the victim

He's the crybaby of the Baltimore sports media and it's such a shame because in those RARE instances when he can get out of his own way, he's very good. But that's like waiting for Procol Harum's follow up to A Whiter Shade of Pale.

I think he should be thanking Royle for the free publicity.
    Follow me on Twitter @ russellstreport