Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 56

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Jaguars to release David Garrard



    Being reported by Jay Glazer on Twitter:

    Luke McKown will start opener.

    Maybe that's our backup QB?





  2. #2

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard





  3. #3

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Wow. I know he is not a top tier Qb, but I always thought he was a solid middle of the pack starter capable of winning it all if on an elite team.

    I would be glad to have him as the backup if the price is right, but I could see him going to SF or Seattle and starting.







  4. #4

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Wow. I know he is not a top tier Qb, but I always thought he was a solid middle of the pack starter capable of winning it all if on an elite team.

    I would be glad to have him as the backup if the price is right, but I could see him going to SF or Seattle and starting.
    I agree. he's definitely better than Smith or Jackson. Of course, if they are all in for the Luck Sweepstakes, they'll pass
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.




  5. #5

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    I agree. he's definitely better than Smith or Jackson. Of course, if they are all in for the Luck Sweepstakes, they'll pass
    I think that division is weak enough that going from Smith or Jackson to Garrard would be enough to go from worst to first. Just getting to the playoffs is worth it IMO even if you are a major longshot to win it all from there, because occasionally those hit.







  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,092
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    I'd gladly welcome him here as our back up.

    Can't BELIEVE the Jags would flat out cut him like that.


    I'd love to see him come here, but I could see him getting some interest to start in Seattle, San Fran, and maybe even Cinci.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,044

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd gladly welcome him here as our back up.

    Can't BELIEVE the Jags would flat out cut him like that.


    I'd love to see him come here, but I could see him getting some interest to start in Seattle, San Fran, and maybe even Cinci.
    Yeah, this is a real head scratcher. I've always liked Gerrard as a QB. He could definitely start for a couple teams at this point. Would be a premium backup.




  8. #8

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd gladly welcome him here as our back up.

    Can't BELIEVE the Jags would flat out cut him like that.


    I'd love to see him come here, but I could see him getting some interest to start in Seattle, San Fran, and maybe even Cinci.
    I totally agree, but if we could offer him a 1 year contract he may want to come here to win a Super Bowl?




  9. #9

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd gladly welcome him here as our back up.

    Can't BELIEVE the Jags would flat out cut him like that.


    I'd love to see him come here, but I could see him getting some interest to start in Seattle, San Fran, and maybe even Cinci.
    I can see why those options would be attractive for him, but if I'm him I would look at signing a one-year contract with the Ravens.

    It's a proven organization, top talent, it will give him time to learn the system, and he won't be thrown into a losing situation where his value might drop.

    Look how much Kolb ended up getting with very little playing time.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    23,092
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Quote Originally Posted by barnanimal View Post
    I can see why those options would be attractive for him, but if I'm him I would look at signing a one-year contract with the Ravens.

    It's a proven organization, top talent, it will give him time to learn the system, and he won't be thrown into a losing situation where his value might drop.

    Look how much Kolb ended up getting with very little playing time.
    Garrard is also 30 or 31 years old. Kolb is what...25? 26?


    Garrard won't see another big pay day, so he might as well try and do what Leftwich did and land with a team that has a legit shot to win a SB.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,323
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Quote Originally Posted by barnanimal View Post
    I can see why those options would be attractive for him, but if I'm him I would look at signing a one-year contract with the Ravens.

    It's a proven organization, top talent, it will give him time to learn the system, and he won't be thrown into a losing situation where his value might drop.

    Look how much Kolb ended up getting with very little playing time.
    Kolb isn't 33 with Crohn's disease and a bad back. What Gararrd needs is starts. Sitting on the bench isn't going to get him that final payday that he's probably looking for.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #12

    Re: Jaguars to release David Garrard

    Please... The guy has a weird wind-up and delivery.. Almost looks like Jim Palmer trying to throw a football against the Dodgers in the '66 World Series.. He'd get killed here.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland