Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 1097
  1. #13


    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not only do I not like it, I don't understand it. I guess we are going to see Torrey in the #3 spot whether we like it or not.

    With 2 WR's not playing (and one of whom you wouldn't expect would be out there running a lot of pass patterns in Williams), and all 3 TE's active, I think the "spread them out" theory will not be tested today.

    I also would have kept as many pass rushers active as possible...including Kindle.
    Yeah I mean, Torrey will be bringing kicks back that's why he made it, and LQ is going to return punts, but I think we better get ready for 2 WR 2 TE a lot.




  2. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    I almost had a heart attack. I thought McKinney was Bryant McKinny.
    Brandon McKinney. Bryant McKinnie. Subtle differences.




  3. #15

    Re: GAME THREAD - Week 1 - Steelers

    Tandon Doss inactive? Did he get hurt or something?
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 09-11-2011 at 11:07 AM.




  4. #16
    CBS just referred to Ravens/Steelers as 'The Rivalry' pretty cool.




  5. #17
    I don't at all understand Doss being inactive. He proved he could play in preseason. For pass ruahers it was either Kindle or Kruger, I get that.

    I had to double take at McKinney. I thought it was Brandon.




  6. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I don't at all understand Doss being inactive. He proved he could play in preseason. For pass ruahers it was either Kindle or Kruger, I get that.

    I had to double take at McKinney. I thought it was Brandon.
    It is Brandon. But Bryant plays LT so we're good.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    B-More
    Posts
    1,070

    Re: GAME THREAD - Week 1 - Steelers

    I can't really say they won't spread them out, Dickson can play some slot WR. and with Kindle out.. Theres still McPhee and Art Jones.. We've still got a pass rush coming.




  8. #20

    Re: GAME THREAD - Week 1 - Steelers

    I am already in a worse mood because of Torrey over Doss. That is MESSED up. All kinds of. Torrey showed NOTHING in the preseason, while Doss was a revelation.

    Nothing like numb-skulled politics to start the season.
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  9. #21

    Re: GAME THREAD - Week 1 - Steelers

    Doss inactive? Golly, it seems every time they make some kind of bone headed deactivation. Doss was easily our 3rd best WR and I just hope Torrey Smith is ready to go because he didn't look too good. Kindle, I can understand because you want to ease him in, but we need all the pass rushers we can get. Also, we only have 5 DL with the McKinney deactivation and he always seems to do well against the Steelers.... oh well. We'll probably see a good amount of Torrey and La'Quan at WR, hopefully they make some plays.




  10. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I am already in a worse mood because of Torrey over Doss. That is MESSED up. All kinds of. Torrey showed NOTHING in the preseason, while Doss was a revelation.

    Nothing like numb-skulled politics to start the season.
    It's not politics, it's the kick returner option. Torrey will return kicks at some point today and we saw him doing way more of that in the preseason than Doss.




  11. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Doss inactive? Golly, it seems every time they make some kind of bone headed deactivation. Doss was easily our 3rd best WR and I just hope Torrey Smith is ready to go because he didn't look too good. Kindle, I can understand because you want to ease him in, but we need all the pass rushers we can get. Also, we only have 5 DL with the McKinney deactivation and he always seems to do well against the Steelers.... oh well. We'll probably see a good amount of Torrey and La'Quan at WR, hopefully they make some plays.
    I doubt we see a good amount of Torrey or LQ on offense. A lot of two wide, two tight sets.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,839

    Re: GAME THREAD - Week 1 - Steelers

    They've already said Williams will be returning kicks. So that makes it more curious.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland