Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 42
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb



    Toughest quarterback in the League. The usual silly cliches are amusing.





  2. #14

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    That is pretty funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Update:




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    How does a broken thumb make him a drama queen? He has never used an injury as an excuse. If you say he has, please provide a specific instance and quote. I guess when he broke his nose against the Ravens he was being a drama queen?

    I do believe he won a SB with cracked ribs. Nobody even knew, I think that came out after. He currently has a broken foot that needs to be repaired surgically.

    I have only heard him mention injuries after being asked, and he always downplays them. I get you don't like him, but to call him names?a drama queen? Like him or hate him he is one of the toughest guys in entire league.

    I will be waiting for for that quote regarding an excuse.
    Wasting your breath. He could have a leg amputated and this group would accuse him of seeking attention. Real fans appreciate his toughness. Few quarterbacks could survive the hits he takes on a regular basis.

    Glad to have him behind center.




  4. #16

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    Of course he is upset. He is crying buckets. What can he do? Have a press conference to say he is upset? Wearing a giant cast signed by the entire team and Roger Goodell? I hope he does. That would be perfect. Then he could get the attention he is dying to have. I feel bad for him being ignored like this. They need to release a new figure reflecting his most recent injury - a cast. It could come with a removable shoe so a special one can be placed on his injured foot. Fantastic!

    Yes, he is lucky at times. We all are. But, it is obvious as well he is a play maker and a competitor. Many Ravens fans don't like him, but it cannot be argued that he makes plays when they need to be made. To the extent that, it cannot possibly be luck.



    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Yea, he is tough and lucky. But he is probably upset because Schaub and Cassel are getting more press coverage for their injuries.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,996
    There is plenty in Ben's bag to question but when Ravens fans question two things, they look silly -- his skills and his toughness.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,357
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Wasting your breath. He could have a leg amputated and this group would accuse him of seeking attention. Real fans appreciate his toughness. Few quarterbacks could survive the hits he takes on a regular basis.

    Glad to have him behind center.
    If by 'this group' you must mean all non Steelers fans. Jim Miller who is a former Steeler is always calling Ben a drama queen. Didn't Hines Ward even make comments a couple of years ago after Ben missed a game with a concussion from the week before? This is a national reputation and not something the Ravens fans came up with.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #19

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    It's apparent the guy is, on a personal level, an a-hole. Is he a drama queen? Maybe. A quick peek at Google tells me it's not just Ravens fans who see it. But I don't care either way.

    It's enough for me to know that he's an asshole. On top of that, who cares if he's a drama queen?
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If by 'this group' you must mean all non Steelers fans. Jim Miller who is a former Steeler is always calling Ben a drama queen. Didn't Hines Ward even make comments a couple of years ago after Ben missed a game with a concussion from the week before? This is a national reputation and not something the Ravens fans came up with.
    Jim Miller hates the Steelers. Ward was out of line. I go by what I read on these boards.




  9. #21

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Jim Miller hates the Steelers. Ward was out of line. I go by what I read on these boards.
    Oh.

    Well, you may be interested to know that it's more than just internet Ravens fans who think Roehtlisberger is a Drama Queen.

    Now you know.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  10. #22

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    Here is a chronicle of his injuries. He has only missed 6 starts in over 130 games. Amazing . . .

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11320...#ixzz1drs3aiTb




  11. #23

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    The issue is whether any of these injuries would keep any other, or many, or most other NFL QBs from playing. And I see no evidence that this is the case. Yet from the way the story is told, this guy is special, and a myth is created. Do I think Ben is 'tough?' Sure. He is a big ugly tough guy. Do I think he enjoys the tough label? Sure, why wouldn't he? Do I think he enjoys the attention? Absolutely. And does he limp around between snaps in an exaggerated fashion after hits? Sure. It keeps the myth alive.

    McNair had a similar myth created about him, and again, that isn't to say he wasn't tough. He was. But the "he's playing with a toe injury! omg, he's tough!" and the "he is wearing a flak jacket because his ribs are injured! omg, he's superhuman!" stories were a product of the media-created myth, whereby a slightly tougher-than-average QB (which is to say as-tough-as-non-QBs) becomes a talking point for the Dierdorfs (and Ron Cooks, omg a concussion? say it isn't so, Ron) of the world to spew ad nauseum because they have to fill dead air.

    Yes, Ben is tough. So are the vast majority of 6'5" 240 lb. NFL players.




  12. #24

    Re: Rothlessburger has Broken Rt. Thumb

    A myth? Those are facts - he got his ass kicked plenty of times and kept playing. When he had his nose broke, how many QB's would have sat out? I bet 9 out of 10. His nose was beyond broke, it was smashed. They guy could barely breathe.

    You exaggerate with the toe injury. Ben Grubbs has been out with a toe injury, no? Why wasn't he playing for an OMG toe injury.

    A myth? Limp around between snaps? You know his foot is still broken? I bet the guy cannot even get out of bed the day after a game. It benefits a player no good to be injured.

    As a Ravens fan you should feel lucky. Flacco hardly ever gets injured. Most QB's would love to have the success of even a injured Roethlisberger.

    Funny how many Ravens fans think:

    1. He is a Drama Queen
    2. He plays up his injuries
    3. He blames his injuries for losing games
    4. He enjoys the attention for being injured

    That is absurd, and not the case. Many of those same individuals probably think the earth is still flat. I will take an injured Roethilsberger over just about any other QB in the league.

    I don't really have anything else to add to this thread, except for the fact I am still waiting for an example of him using an injury as excuse for losing a game. But of course, that is just a "myth."


    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The issue is whether any of these injuries would keep any other, or many, or most other NFL QBs from playing. And I see no evidence that this is the case. Yet from the way the story is told, this guy is special, and a myth is created. Do I think Ben is 'tough?' Sure. He is a big ugly tough guy. Do I think he enjoys the tough label? Sure, why wouldn't he? Do I think he enjoys the attention? Absolutely. And does he limp around between snaps in an exaggerated fashion after hits? Sure. It keeps the myth alive.

    McNair had a similar myth created about him, and again, that isn't to say he wasn't tough. He was. But the "he's playing with a toe injury! omg, he's tough!" and the "he is wearing a flak jacket because his ribs are injured! omg, he's superhuman!" stories were a product of the media-created myth, whereby a slightly tougher-than-average QB (which is to say as-tough-as-non-QBs) becomes a talking point for the Dierdorfs of the world to spew ad nauseum because they have to fill dead air.

    Yes, Ben is tough. So are the vast majority of 6'5" 240 lb NFL players.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland