Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 157 to 168 of 209
  1. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)



    The ravens are still in this thing. Harbaugh has a chance to show his worth. They need to finish this season strong and stay on top of the steelers and Bengals. If they let the division slip away after sweeping the steelers, harbaugh will def be on the hotseat next year. Cameron has already sealed his fate.




  2. #158

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Who threw the Gatorade?
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  3. #159

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MattSG View Post
    Good post. I agree with you. I'm starting to get tired of gatorade show-gate. lol JeromeBettis63, with his Steelers entitlment, automically believes the gatorade bath was a way to show up the Steelers.

    He mentions Belichick as an example of winning coaches taking wins in stride, but there is a quote from Belichick saying how he likes gatorade baths because it means you did something good. I guess by his logic, Belichick isn't a winner after all.
    You keep putting words in my mouth. I never once said it was to show the Steelers up. You don't even get the point of my post. Corey understands my point and disagrees with it...fine. You simply take off with your normal bashing.

    I will speak slow and use small words: my view is please keep doing regular season gatorade baths (it was on tv, thats how I know they did it, sherlock).... i think it is shows the wrong focus. So far the evidence supports me. Two let down losses and losing playoff record.




  4. #160

    Re: Is Harbaugh Andy Reid lite?

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensinva View Post
    Fine, I don't have proof that he does nothing for offense or defense. The only thing I can based this on is he spend 10 years as a special team coach and 1 year as a defense back coach. From what I've been read, he is not involve with defense or offense game planning.
    Don't read much do ya. Harb's increased involvement in the offense was a major statement back in January.

    http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...-with-offense/
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.




  5. #161

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    You keep putting words in my mouth. I never once said it was to show the Steelers up. You don't even get the point of my post. Corey understands my point and disagrees with it...fine. You simply take off with your normal bashing.

    I will speak slow and use small words: my view is please keep doing regular season gatorade baths (it was on tv, thats how I know they did it, sherlock).... i think it is shows the wrong focus. So far the evidence supports me. Two let down losses and losing playoff record.
    Flacco is 4-3 in the playoffs. Which losing record do you mean?
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.




  6. #162

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    You keep putting words in my mouth. I never once said it was to show the Steelers up. You don't even get the point of my post. Corey understands my point and disagrees with it...fine. You simply take off with your normal bashing.

    I will speak slow and use small words: my view is please keep doing regular season gatorade baths (it was on tv, thats how I know they did it, sherlock).... i think it is shows the wrong focus. So far the evidence supports me. Two let down losses and losing playoff record.
    I understand what your point is. You took it as a diss, that's why you have a problem with it and post about the event. You don't know why they did the gatorade shower. So you are being ignorant.

    I didn't ask you to show proof that the Ravens gave Harbaugh a gatorade shower after the game, I asked you if you can prove that all the coaches you listed that apply, haven't gotten a non Superbowl gatorade shower.

    You will find that Mike Tomlin recieved one in 2009 after winning just the AFC championship. So, by your logic, that shows your team didn't have the right mindset.

    As I stated before, Parcells was doused with gatorade after every win in their Superbowl year in 1986. Did the team during the regular season not have the right mindset?

    Belichick is quoted as saying he likes the gatorade showers. Belichick must not have the right mindset.

    I'm just showing how your logic is flawed and that you are a hypocrite. You say in giving their coach a gatorade shower, it shows the mindset of the team; well your own team did the same thing in 2009.

    As far as your evidence, it doesn't support your claim. First off, how do you know our team haven't won the SB under Harbaugh because of not having the right mindset. As people have shown, getting a gatorade shower in a game other than the Superbowl doesn't prove your team doesn't have the right mindset to win a championship.

    Are you trying to imply that getting a regular season gatorade shower is the cause of the team not winning the SB? That would be an example of the post hoc fallacy. That doesn't make sense. lol Because our coach recieved a gatorade shower during the season, and we went on to not win the SB that year, it's has to be because of the regular gatorade shower?




  7. #163

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    I never thought he was a good choice for Billick's replacement.The fact that the Raven's have been to the playoff's the last 3 yrs. is great,but im sure that our talent and veteran leadership at key positions has alot to do with that as well.I don't think for ONE second that Harb's "football IQ" is more advanced than Billick's,as I've seen him get outcoached several time's in the past few yrs.The HC is responsable at the end of the day for the preparation and overall"product" on the field,and losing to 3 team's under 500 this year is just plain sad...Im not saying to run out and re-hire Billick..but i think we may be wasting time with the Harbaugh we got....




  8. #164

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Flacco is 4-3 in the playoffs. Which losing record do you mean?
    The one where he has no playoff wins against the Steelers and never makes the Super Bowl.




  9. #165

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    3) Get over the gatorade bath.
    The reason why Steelers fans on the internet like to talk about the Gatorade bath is because they *know* why it was done.

    Beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh with a healthy Roethlisberger was a huge moment for this team and its fanbase. Sure, it wasn't a big deal in PIT and wouldn't have been if the shoe had been on the other foot, because they had consistently bounced the Ravens out of the playoffs for several years now.

    So. It was a big monkey off our backs. And they know it. Mocking the Gatorade bath is exactly the same as saying "Big deal." Pretending a big rivalry game - bigger for us than for them, too - is not a big deal, after losing. Very playground-ish.

    Which is fair enough, I guess, on their boards. A typical unsophisticated playground-style sulking after a loss. A Steelers fan on a Ravens board understands, though.

    And if a Steelers fan thinks the Gatorade bath means the Ravens won't win the Super Bowl this year, well, last time I picked my nose I got a huge booger out of it, which I think means the Steelers won't win the Super Bowl this year. And we're both probably right.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  10. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,912

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenA.SHARP View Post
    I never thought he was a good choice for Billick's replacement.The fact that the Raven's have been to the playoff's the last 3 yrs. is great,but im sure that our talent and veteran leadership at key positions has alot to do with that as well.I don't think for ONE second that Harb's "football IQ" is more advanced than Billick's,as I've seen him get outcoached several time's in the past few yrs.The HC is responsable at the end of the day for the preparation and overall"product" on the field,and losing to 3 team's under 500 this year is just plain sad...Im not saying to run out and re-hire Billick..but i think we may be wasting time with the Harbaugh we got....
    I tend to agree. I have also never been much of a Harbaugh fan. I think Billick was a better HC than Harbaugh. The thing Harbaugh has that Billick never had is a credible NFL QB. Jim Caldwell looked like a decent HC before this season too.




  11. #167

    Re: The John Harbaugh Debate Thread (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenA.SHARP View Post
    I never thought he was a good choice for Billick's replacement.The fact that the Raven's have been to the playoff's the last 3 yrs. is great,but im sure that our talent and veteran leadership at key positions has alot to do with that as well.I don't think for ONE second that Harb's "football IQ" is more advanced than Billick's,as I've seen him get outcoached several time's in the past few yrs.The HC is responsable at the end of the day for the preparation and overall"product" on the field,and losing to 3 team's under 500 this year is just plain sad...Im not saying to run out and re-hire Billick..but i think we may be wasting time with the Harbaugh we got....
    I'm overall a fan of Harbaugh, so far. Did Billick ever coach the Ravens to 3 straight playoff appearances? I don't remember off the top of my head how many times his teams went to the playoffs two years in a row. I remember making it one year, and then having a bad season after. We also never had offenses under Billick. He had a part in drafting Boller, from what I read he wanted Boller.

    Billick had talent to help him as well. He had a prime Ray Lewis, Ogden, and Heap. He had still highly productive players in S. Sharpe and R. Woodson as well.

    I'd give the nod to Harbaugh when it comes to clock management. Billick was bad at managing the clock. In my opinion Billick was better at handling the media. Harbaugh is thin- skinned.

    I might be wrong, but I'm pretty confident in Harbaugh's football IQ. A good example of his football IQ is that going into last week he lead the league in challenging plays.

    My biggest problem with Harbaugh is that he doesn't assert himself. If Cam for example is doing a bad job, he doesn't step in and correct what's going on. Atleast that is how it seems from an outside observer.

    I like both Harbaugh and Billick, but I would give the nod to Harbaugh. I think he is more consistent.




  12. #168

    Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    The reason why Steelers fans on the internet like to talk about the Gatorade bath is because they *know* why it was done.

    Beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh with a healthy Roethlisberger was a huge moment for this team and its fanbase. Sure, it wasn't a big deal in PIT and wouldn't have been if the shoe had been on the other foot, because they had consistently bounced the Ravens out of the playoffs for several years now.

    So. It was a big monkey off our backs. And they know it. Mocking the Gatorade bath is exactly the same as saying "Big deal." Pretending a big rivalry game - bigger for us than for them, too - is not a big deal, after losing. Very playground-ish.

    Which is fair enough, I guess, on their boards. A typical unsophisticated playground-style sulking after a loss. A Steelers fan on a Ravens board understands, though.

    And if a Steelers fan thinks the Gatorade bath means the Ravens won't win the Super Bowl this year, well, last time I picked my nose I got a huge booger out of it, which I think means the Steelers won't win the Super Bowl this year. And we're both probably right.
    Keep telling yourself that. Champions don't celebrate too soon...period.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland