Page 195 of 324 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,329 to 2,340 of 3886

Thread: Draft Prospects

Blog Entries

Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

BPA my friend. if hes the best available player on Ozzie's board hes going to be a Raven, despite position or need.
    That's not necessarily true either.

Their version of BPA takes into account need, character, upside, etc.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    And about Stephen Hill - I find it hard to believe that our FO thinks he's the 29th best player out there. Have "Hill at 29" proponents forgotten the way the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons ended? Any WR we get, will have damn-near, unquestionably good hands. THAT is what Bisciotti was talking about at the EOS presser.
    Its possible he is. its not necessarily a strong draft so the top 20-30 prospects probably standout and arent necessarily what mocks have as the top 32 players. Hill has shown he does possess good hands so im not sure how thats not going inline with what Biscotti wants? He also showed greatly improved route running just in the short time from the end of the season to the combine and then to his pro day.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Its possible he is. its not necessarily a strong draft so the top 20-30 prospects probably standout and arent necessarily what mocks have as the top 32 players. Hill has shown he does possess good hands so im not sure how thats not going inline with what Biscotti wants? He also showed greatly improved route running just in the short time from the end of the season to the combine and then to his pro day.
    Agreed. At the combine and his pro-day Stephen Hill was super impressive with being a natural "hands catcher".

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's not necessarily true either.

Their version of BPA takes into account need, character, upside, etc.
    my point being if hes the BPA on their board hes going. not how they got to come to that ranking. Character and upside certainly are involved but as far as need goes they arent going to reach to the next tier down just because Hill is a WR, nor bump him down because its less of need. where he grades out he grades out but if theres a need in the same tier im sure theyll skip him. which is why i think its unlikely unless the draft plays out that way.
    -JAB

Hands in-season > Hands at Combine
    I watch GT a lot b/c I like their coach a lot. I've seen him make 2-3 extremely nice catches. I've seen him drop several.

Good routes while reading coverages > Routes w/ no defender at Pro Day
    At game speed, with disguised coverages (something else he has no experience with b/c of GT's offense), it's a much different story. Not saying he can't get there, but without a strong route-runner on our roster, I'd prefer that we get one that's more refined today. Having said that, a weak or moderate route-runner vs. a #3 CB is a toss up that might be worth the risk.

Overall, at #29, there's just a bit too much uncertainty on Hill for me. And that goes for anyone not named Kendall Wright (who I think is the only 1st round value-guy that could get pushed down that far. Get pushed down? I mean, if CLE and HOU take Sanu and Hill, for example.)

Yes, I know Cam's history with, and regard for big receivers. However, I think that while Cam still has his license to drive this offense, he doesn't necessarily have the keys anymore as pointed out above.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 03-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Resigning Mcclain gives us a huge amount of flexibility in the draft...we dont have to look into getting a ILB early and also dont have to lock into one that is more ready to play right now but may sacrifice some upside. They can look at some other spots early then maybe go with ILB in rounds 3 to 5. Another thing to watch will be OLB...how high they take one will kinda show the amount of confidence they have in Kruger...and to a much lesser extent Kindle and Mcadoo

got to remember Kruger is in his last year of his deal I believe. So pass rusher could be an option (Plus you can never have enough pass rushers......). Do you think Hightower can go out wide an set the edge at OLB... Or is he mainly a ILB?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    got to remember Kruger is in his last year of his deal I believe. So pass rusher could be an option (Plus you can never have enough pass rushers......). Do you think Hightower can go out wide an set the edge at OLB... Or is he mainly a ILB?
    He can do both, but he's primarily an ILB thumper. 6'2" and 265lbs at the combine...if he's drafted by Baltimore I'd like to see him drop to like 250-255lbs. It would help increase his mobility and lateral movement.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:

Don Banks has us taking Barron, S from Alabama.

I wonder if the Considine signing changes that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Don Banks has us taking Barron, S from Alabama.

I wonder if the Considine signing changes that?
    Prob not considering both Pollard and Ed Reed's contracts are up at the end of the year and Barron can play both SS and FS.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:

Blog Entries

I don't think we take a MLB now that we have our ILB depth from last year going into the 2012 season. I do think we could look at a later round prospect ILB, maybe Vontaze Burfict if he's around in the 5th or 6th. I think we now go pass rush or OL in the first round, and WR in the second.

I think that if the Ravens get a compensatory pick, they will be able to draft Philip Blake in the fourth round. I don't think that Blake goes in the third.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"