Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Glenn Beck speaks the unmentionable

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    As a healthcare provider I can tell you that this has already happened. Few mental health providers still take insurance in this area because reimbursement hasn't increased much, if any at all, in the past 12 years. The net result is that if you can afford the $120+ an hour for therapy and the $75for a 15 minute medication check up, you can access private mental health services. If not, you are left to fight for the few openings available with those who accept insurance. This create a huge gap between those who can access the services and those who can't.

The lower cost I am referring to is not in the price of actual healthcare as in your standard therapy hour but instead, the price it cost to buy insurance and how insurance compnaies distribute that money. 30%-40% of your health insurance money doesn't go towards the cost of your health care but instead towards administrative costs. Talk about your inefficiency! It cost between 5%-10% admin costs to deliver government healthcare. Wait!!! are you saying the government is more efficient? You heathen!

If you want to lower healthcare costs and actually increase reimbursments rates then increase the insurance pool through mandates and single payor and take out the 30% admin cost that goes to marketing and bonuses for private companies and execs.

In the end, let the admin costs be at 10% and increase doctor pay by 10% for insurance reimbursement and you will increase the amount of insurance slots available AND still be 20% less than private plans.
    My wife is in medical billing so I get some expertise from there and also, I went to the doctors recently and asked how much would it cost if I paid cash. I can tell your from my wife and this lady that one of the reasons cost is high is all the red tape and bureaucracy

The lady at the doctors told me if I paid cash they would take 40% off the bill!!! My wife says that is pretty much the norm.

The admin cost it takes to fill out all the HIPPA paper work, authorization yada yada yada is where a lot of the cost lies.

Re: Glenn Beck speaks the unmentionable

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Not that Beck is relevant nor the much the Tea Party these days but what a shocking admission to the guy who once said Obama doesn't like white people:

BECK: And I issued a challenge to Tea Party members. … [Gingrich] is a progressive. … If you have a big government progressive, or a big government progressive in Obama, one in Newt Gingrich, one in Obama, ask yourself this, Tea Party: is it about Obama’s race? Because that’s what it appears to be to me. If you’re against him but you’re for this guy, it must be about race.

Newt is leading the polls as a "conservative" who believes in global warming, individual mandate, govt. backed mortgages.

Kind of does speak to race doesn't it?
    Interesting...

RON PAUL!