Ravenous on the West Coast

Hi all-
    Jeremy here. Grew up in Owings Mills, but now live in Los Angeles. I am one of a very few Ravens fans out here- that I know of at least. I got food poisoning the night before the Superbowl in which the Ravens one (and after a terrible Terps meltdown to Duke with 53 seconds left)- and therefore was holding a bag all Superbowl sunday while watching the game with 25 friends i my tiny Burbank apartment- none of whom cared much who won- except for the couple Giants fans! On a positive note- that same Superbowl I was the winner of a local sports radio block pool for the final quarter after Stover made his last field goal. The prior week I had called into the radio station to defend Ray Lewis, who was getting hammered for the events of the LAST year. After the call, they told me they took the top10 callers each night and gave them a spot in their block pool. I of course, chose block number 52! When it hit- they sent me to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii- along with my girlfriend at the time. That was a blast- and I always said I'd go back to Hawaii with my own money if it follows a Ravens trip to the Superbowl! Can this be the year???

I look forward to getting to know other die hard Ravens fans like myself! One month till camp starts!

Re: Ravenous on the West Coast

Hi Jeremy.
    I watched the winning Super Bowl in Aruba along with a room full of Giants Fans. When their fans left after half-time, my wife and I won all of the door prizes. It was a lot of fun. Hawaii must have been great. I hope that you will be there again this year.
    Dr. Brian the Raven_Doc

Jeremy- Los Angeles has a group called The West Wing. Check them out on Facebook. The have an official Ravens bar at The Parlor 7250 Melrose Ave., LA, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    Hi all-
    Jeremy here. Grew up in Owings Mills, but now live in Los Angeles. I am one of a very few Ravens fans out here- that I know of at least. I got food poisoning the night before the Superbowl in which the Ravens one (and after a terrible Terps meltdown to Duke with 53 seconds left)- and therefore was holding a bag all Superbowl sunday while watching the game with 25 friends i my tiny Burbank apartment- none of whom cared much who won- except for the couple Giants fans! On a positive note- that same Superbowl I was the winner of a local sports radio block pool for the final quarter after Stover made his last field goal. The prior week I had called into the radio station to defend Ray Lewis, who was getting hammered for the events of the LAST year. After the call, they told me they took the top10 callers each night and gave them a spot in their block pool. I of course, chose block number 52! When it hit- they sent me to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii- along with my girlfriend at the time. That was a blast- and I always said I'd go back to Hawaii with my own money if it follows a Ravens trip to the Superbowl! Can this be the year???

I look forward to getting to know other die hard Ravens fans like myself! One month till camp starts!

I'm a rehomed Baltimore native in Sin City. Watched that SB in my favorite bar/resturant at the time and I was in the middle of Giants fans. They all were booing and I cheered my arse off.
    “Ed Reed for President! I figure if Ed Reed can get eight interceptions in 10 games, he can fix world peace." - Jameel McClain

T - Where's our Driftwood forum???

Good Morning Kat