Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: playoff tix?

1. Thumbs down Re: playoff tix?

I got my tickets today too. I also won the PSL lottery for extras. I think I've won that just about every year but one that we have had it.

I'm in 148 and no pizza guy for us either which means some section is winning every week!
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Re: playoff tix?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I can't help but question the method used to ship an envelope as valuable as these are.
    Can't tell you how many times I've seen a fed-ex or UPS guy just take a package or envelope and just leave it on the front porch for the whole world to see.
    I've seen them take stuff and just throw it over peoples fences.
    When I was mailed my tracking number, I went to FedEx website and clicked the option to pick up the envelope at the nearest FedEx office. Typed in my cell phone and FedEx called, within 10 mins, to confirm package would be sent to the station and not my home. We have had a recent rash of burglary of packages from my 'hood (rather nice 'hood, but it is PG county) and I did not want to chance it with this valuable package.

Get to pick up the envelope on Thurs.

Section 524, first year PSL owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The odds of winning the SB tix lottery is astronomical unless you own a suite or have club tix.

Which is another thing that is very unfair that the Ravens do. Everyone should have an equal shot no matter what price you pay for your tickets and if your name is drawn one season for a contest (i.e. extra tickets) you shouldnt be able to win the following year so everyone gets a chance.

Tickets were delivered yesterday as well. All if fine in W. AACO. guess it wasn't a stupid question to ask in the first place.

Got my tickets yesterday!
    Season ticket holder since 1996. Section 124 rocks!

Got mine yesterday as well, and I live down here in the Sunshine State.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I also received mine yesterday. They are in a secret, secret area!

I was going to say that I never received a shipping e-mail from the Ravens but I just checked my spam folder and there it was. They used a different e-mail address.

I am ready to start tailgating now!
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Just curious, does anybody know any PSL holders who didn't purchase tickets becasue they didn't think the Ravens would win the division and are now kicking themselves?

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    [/B]

Which is another thing that is very unfair that the Ravens do. Everyone should have an equal shot no matter what price you pay for your tickets and if your name is drawn one season for a contest (i.e. extra tickets) you shouldnt be able to win the following year so everyone gets a chance.
    Nonsense. Those people spend more money per ticket and thus support the team more. I am in 519, cheapest seats in the house, so I have little shot.

Night before last i tell my daughter-in-law not to leave the house cause Fedex was delivering our playoff tix. She promises me that if she goes out she will leave a note on our door instructing Fedex to leave all packages next door with our neighbor, who stays home with the kids.

Of course she does not do any of these things.

6:45pm. I get home before her and there is no note on the door.
    6:46pm. I wait.
    7:49pm. She comes home and says she talked with the neighbor who promised she'd look out for Fedex.
    7:54pm. I go check with the neighbor who says my daughter asked her no such thing.
    7:59pm. I raise holy hell.
    8:07pm. My 10 year old granddaughter walks past us, goes outside, walks back to us and puts two large Fedex envelopes in my hands.

"Where were these honey?" i gratefully ask.
    "Under the doormat Poppy" replies the Beautiful Child
    "When did you find them?" i curiously ask
    "About 3pm when I got home from school" says the Whimsical Child
    "Why didn't you bring them in earlier?" i petulantly ask
    "I thought that's where the mailman wanted you to get them from" says the Child Who Can Do No Wrong Because She Has Just Handed Me $500.00 Worth of Ravens Playoff Tickets.

After my nervous breakdown i made a very strong drink.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nonsense. Those people spend more money per ticket and thus support the team more. I am in 519, cheapest seats in the house, so I have little shot.
    Yeah this, although aren't the odds not astronomical? Not great, but I thought they gave out 5k - 7k tickets to season ticket holders of each team...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Yeah this, although aren't the odds not astronomical? Not great, but I thought they gave out 5k - 7k tickets to season ticket holders of each team...

- C -
    That is sssooo not true. The TOTAL allotment for each team is in the 5000-7000 ticket range.. What do the teams do from there? They make sure the coporate suite holders get first dibs, and anyone else they think might be "entitled".. Last time the Ravens did the SB lottery was when we made the AFC Title game 4 years ago. By the time the weighted lotter happened only about 2500 tickets were available to season ticket holders.