Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

CBS could care less about our game

Sending out their #4 crew (Eagle/Wilcotts) while Nantz/Simms get Tebow and Dierdork/Gumbel are doing Jets/Miami.

Both of those games feature a team with a losing record and no chance at a playoff game.

It's a conspiracy!

Re: CBS could care less about our game

The conspiracy can sound very disappointed while their upset goes up in smoke and we wrap up the division and #2.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

The more low key the better. Every time the Ravens have gotten "respect" on the road (except for the Pittsburgh road game) they have laid an egg. I don't want the Ravens to get much attention in the media at all this week. Just win quietly and head into a bye week.

Nantz is seriously so wrapped around Tebow's cock it's difficult to imagine he can tell which way is up anymore. It's remarkable how much slobbering that dude does over Tebow, and I'd rather not have him announcing our game cause I'm fairly certain that if he did, he'd just be comparing everyone on both teams to Tebow.

Jets/Phins is two major markets in a 1 p.m. match-up, it makes sense they get a good announcing pair.

With all that said, it doesn't really make sense that we're getting a second-rate crew. The Ravens/Bengals game is the only AFC game where both teams are in a dog-fight for playoff positioning, and it's got by far the two best teams with a combined 20 wins between them (vs. every other AFC game having two teams adding up to 18 or fewer wins). Such is the burden of two small-market teams playing week 17.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Sending out their #4 crew (Eagle/Wilcotts) while Nantz/Simms get Tebow and Dierdork/Gumbel are doing Jets/Miami.

Both of those games feature a team with a losing record and no chance at a playoff game.

It's a conspiracy!
    They can send a janitor and some guy from TeleMundo if it means I don't have to listen to Dierdorf.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    They can send a janitor and some guy from TeleMundo if it means I don't have to listen to Dierdorf.
    I can't tolerate Dierdork, he simply states the obvious and slobbers over Olinemen the entire game. I have no problem with Ian Eagle and Solomon Wilcotts, they're not the A-team but not too bad either
    "Old Man my Ass!" - John Malkovich

Blog Entries
    It's a blessing in disguise, no diersuck
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'll take wilcots over dierdorff any day.

Wow people complain about everything. Who cares about the announcers?

We always listen to our local radio guys. The TV guys always suck.

I actually like Dierdorf...to each their own, but really I have never, not once ever paid attention to who was announcing the games.....because I don't care.....Go Ravens!

Blog Entries

i like Wilcots..he's not bad. Simms is the best on CBS and he does a fair share of Ravens games. i'll take Wilcots over Deirdorf all day.