Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 132

Thread: Flacco vs Ryan

  1. #37

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan



    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post


    The people that root against Ryan on this board need a reality check. Joe has not looked like superman in the playoffs to be fair.

    You don't have to root against Ryan, and its pretty fucking sad if you do. They both are allowed to do good, one doesn't' have to suck for the other to look good...

    He looked bad today, but it doesn't change the fact that some people on this board actually root against him. It's weird.
    Like I said in another thread, I don't like Ryan. I also don't like Kobe Bryant and am a Heat fan. Is that sad. As sports fans, we are allowed to have personal favorite athletes and athletes you just don't care for.

    When I hear Jamie Dukes on silent time following Matt Ryans latest playoff debacle, I get ticked off. Meanwhile, next week he'll regurgitate the same nonsense about holding his breath eveytime my QB drops back.

    I have o idea why all of a sudden you are taking things so personal.





  2. #38

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I hate him because he used to kick MD's ass when he was at BC. And then I hated him more when ESPN anointed him the next great one.
    I hate him because after the first play his face becomes the same shade as a pinky mouse for the rest of the game. And his teeth are too white.




  3. #39

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Not really, but I can see why you will claim that. Dilfer > Marino, you say.
    ummmm this is about Flacco and Ryan's post season record and nothing else.




  4. #40

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    No playoff victory matters unless the big one. The team that losses the Superbowl is no better than the team with the #1 pick in the draft simple as that.
    If you weren't being intentionally hyperbolic, I'd be tempted to call that statement absurd.

    So if the Ravens lose in the SB, retrospectively you would wish we had not even made the playoffs? And THAT, furthermore, is your reason why Matt Ryan is equal to if not better than Joe Flacco? Absurd.




  5. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post


    The people that root against Ryan on this board need a reality check. Joe has not looked like superman in the playoffs to be fair.

    You don't have to root against Ryan, and its pretty fucking sad if you do. They both are allowed to do good, one doesn't' have to suck for the other to look good...

    He looked bad today, but it doesn't change the fact that some people on this board actually root against him. It's weird.
    I think saying it's "sad" is a bit much. I don't think people dislike Ryan as a person, and the level-headed among us realize that Joe has left much to be desired in the postseason (and in a few regular season games as well). The Ryan hate comes because of the media, and how they continue to hype Ryan and beat Flacco into the ground. From the perspective of pure quarterbacking skill, I'd still give the edge to Ryan, despite the lack of comparative arm strength, but the analysts that make these "Flacco vs Ryan" comparisons also trump the "QB Wins" card to praise people like Roethlisberger while ignoring Flacco's record.

    Again, at this point, Flacco isn't as good as Ryan or Ben. But there's nothing wrong with getting a little sadistic pleasure from the failure of media darlings when you're always forced to defend your beloved (but frustrating) media dog.




  6. #42

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Bottom line is.... This is gonna be hard for some to hear but here it goes.

    No playoff victory matters unless the big one. The team that losses the Superbowl is no better than the team with the #1 pick in the draft simple as that.
    Bleed, you may not want to here this, but it is the truth coming at you. If the shoe were on the other foot (Ryan and Flacco), you would not make statements, such as the one you just did.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #43

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    ummmm this is about Flacco and Ryan's post season record and nothing else.
    It is about the foolishness of using team records to argue individual performance. At least it became that after the QB ratings were produced.




  8. #44

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Joe's game against Miami was better than anything that Ryan has put forth in the playoffs. His game at Tennessee was even better. He did not play great, but he did not turn the ball over and made the few keys throws to help the team win. He led a game winning drive, in Nashville, against a top 5 defense. Ryan got to go to Arizona, where their defense wasn't even better than Miami's, and threw the fourth quarter pick.

    That is before I even get to the KC game last year.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #45

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    If you weren't being intentionally hyperbolic, I'd be tempted to call that statement absurd.

    So if the Ravens lose in the SB, retrospectively you would wish we had not even made the playoffs? And THAT, furthermore, is your reason why Matt Ryan is equal to if not better than Joe Flacco? Absurd.
    That doesn't sound anything like what i said! really??

    Bottom line is you always want your team in the big dance, but at the end of the day There are 31 bad teams, and 1 good team 31 bad QBs and 1 good QB..

    Here is what our beloved Joe Flacco said.

    The world we live in today there is usually 1 good QB at the end of the year and 31 other not good ones. My goal is to be that one good one at the end of the year, and my goal as a team is to be that one good team at the end of the year.

    So next time before you try to screw up my fucking quote, think twice.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  10. #46

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    It is about the foolishness of using team records to argue individual performance. At least it became that after the QB ratings were produced.
    Ooohhhh so in a thread comparing Ryan and Flacco, playoff wins (or I guess wins period since we're throwing out team records) shouldn't even matter? Gotcha

    So should the fact that Ryan has had better weapons (and plays in a dome and against lesser competition) since he's been in the league matter since that has a direct effect on QB rating?




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    3,701

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Team records are a foolish way to compare players as disparate as Marino and Dilfer, but Flacco and Ryan are not worlds apart. Their stats are nearly identical, with a slight edge to Ryan. To counter this, Flacco supporters rightfully point out that Ryan plays softer defenses, in a dome, and consistently loses in the playoffs.

    To me, when you have two players with very similar numbers, you HAVE to consider factors like that. And when you do, Joe clearly looks better.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  12. #48

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reed 'Em and Heap View Post
    I think saying it's "sad" is a bit much. I don't think people dislike Ryan as a person, and the level-headed among us realize that Joe has left much to be desired in the postseason (and in a few regular season games as well). The Ryan hate comes because of the media, and how they continue to hype Ryan and beat Flacco into the ground. From the perspective of pure quarterbacking skill, I'd still give the edge to Ryan, despite the lack of comparative arm strength, but the analysts that make these "Flacco vs Ryan" comparisons also trump the "QB Wins" card to praise people like Roethlisberger while ignoring Flacco's record.

    Again, at this point, Flacco isn't as good as Ryan or Ben. But there's nothing wrong with getting a little sadistic pleasure from the failure of media darlings when you're always forced to defend your beloved (but frustrating) media dog.
    I agree with you.

    I just hate how Ryan has to be pissed on in order to make a Pro Flacco argument.

    Not even sure why there is an argument. Why cant both kids be great?
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland