Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Houston game fan check in/10 rules of engagement

Firmly agree with the last 2 posts. Nothing annoys me more than a bunch of dumbasses booing after the first drive or something when we have to punt or whatever.

I have had my spats with a few of them. Actually the friend I am going with gets more negative the drunker he gets. I keep him in check though.

Don't get pissed at anybody for standing on third down. I was in 127 for the last game and the people behind me we're cranky about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Don't get pissed at anybody for standing on third down. I was in 127 for the last game and the people behind me we're cranky about that.
    I always stand on 3rd down. However, mostly everybody in front of me stands also so the people behind can't get mad at me. I have to stand to see the action anyway.

I agree wholeheartedly with getting to your seat early. Let's rock the place when Ray does his dance. I told my sitter to be at the house an hour early than normal.

This whole thread has me jacked.
    I get off work at 11am Sunday and will drive right by the stadium on 95. I will blast my horn as I speed by. This team has no idea what will hit them when they get off the bus Sunday. The fans will leave a few players with concussions.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Rules for watching at home:

1- Make sure all breakable objects are safely out of reach. Pets and children, although generally mobile, are considered breakable objects.

2- If things aren't going well, change jerseys or hats. They have a direct effect on the outcome of the game.

3- Watch your language and remember children are featherless parrots. As much pride as it brings to hear your three year old say "Squeelers are smelly, inbred hill-jacks", your wife will get mad if they say it in church. To a pack of Squeeler fans.

4- If your wife has taken the remote due to a failure to follow rule three, there are buttons on the TV. Find them.

5- Poop early, before the game. That should be a restful time where a man can reflect on the accomplishments of his life, or perhaps peruse one's favorite sporting magazine.

6- Don't punch walls. They're harder than your hand.

Additional rules for watching the game at someone else's house:

1- Make sure they know you're going to be there. There was an uncomfortable situation I can't discuss.

2- Remain clothed. Refer back to rule one.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

1- Make sure all breakable objects are safely out of reach. Pets and children, although generally mobile, are considered breakable objects.

2- If things aren't going well, change jerseys or hats. They have a direct effect on the outcome of the game.

3- Watch your language and remember children are featherless parrots. As much pride as it brings to hear your three year old say "Squeelers are smelly, inbred hill-jacks", your wife will get mad if they say it in church. To a pack of Squeeler fans.

4- If your wife has taken the remote due to a failure to follow rule three, there are buttons on the TV. Find them.

5- Poop early, before the game. That should be a restful time where a man can reflect on the accomplishments of his life, or perhaps peruse one's favorite sporting magazine.

Additional rules for watching the game at someone else's house:

1- Make sure they know you're going to be there. There was an uncomfortable situation I can't discuss.

2- Remain clothed. Refer back to rule one.
    Someone once wrote "Darb 72 = village genius". They were right
    "Old Man my Ass!" - John Malkovich

Just know where your studs are, and as long as you swing with purpose you'll get through.

... Unless you don't have drywall.

Spot on, RavensRock !! I cannot stand those that boo the home team. It is not a "foxhole buddy" to have friendly fire deliberately. If you are pissed off, do the Klingon thing and turn your back with your arms crossed.

This thread is working me into a lather. There are a few days left so I have to pace myself.
    Captain Offense

Those not tolerant to high decibel levels should bring ear plugs. To say its gonna be loud is an understatement.

I myself get tears of joy from how loud our stadium gets, especially when Ray comes out of the tunnel. It's like M&T has a pulse.

LOL. I've actually done this a few times.

And if you are Houston fan, go ahead and wear a Ravens shirt. Not that I think you would be in danger otherwise, but think how pretty one uniform color will look in the stands )
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!