Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 74

Thread: No Coverage?

  1. #37

    Re: No Coverage?



    Yes, Stephen A. Smith did reveal, on Monday, that he has been a lifelong Steelers fan. Before the Steelers lost to the Broncos, to his credit, Smith admitted that, as much as he would like to see Brady do it, he thought that the AFC would come down to Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

    As for him calling Joe Flacco soft, he hasn't really liked Flacco for a while and I think we now know the real reason. I mean, name one well known Steelers fan sports television personality, that likes Flacco and thinks that he is a good QB?

    Meanwhile, Mayock thinks that he is top ten, Simms thinks that he is top ten. John Clayton really likes him.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #38

    Re: No Coverage?

    Did everyone here not get enough attention as kids? Who the F cares if they talk/don't talk about this game? Don't we have enough local coverage? Honestly, Houston vs Baltimore is not as sexy as the other games. If you were an executive at these NATIONAL networks, which games would you talk about? Furthermore, the Texans/Ravens fanbase is probably not as prevalent as the other combos. It's a business decision. Don't take it personally.

    If I thought more national attention would help the Ravens on Sunday, I'd care. Otherwise, who gives a crap.




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: No Coverage?

    Both Fan bases are tee'd that their home team has not one IOTA of info. Hell I guess there is only 3 games this weekend.

    Piss POOR Journalism at its best. Here is to you ESPN AND NFL Network. ____________ MY ______________.




  4. #40

    Re: No Coverage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Both Fan bases are tee'd that their home team has not one IOTA of info. Hell I guess there is only 3 games this weekend.

    Piss POOR Journalism at its best. Here is to you ESPN AND NFL Network. ____________ MY ______________.
    Really? What kind of "info" that these talking heads are providing that you're not getting from the local channels or from the Web?




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    493

    Re: No Coverage?

    Quote Originally Posted by mdcrab43 View Post
    There is a large contingent of fans here who have already put a W in the win column for the Ravens....please note that the game is still to be played............
    I couldn't agree more.




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: No Coverage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    Really? What kind of "info" that these talking heads are providing that you're not getting from the local channels or from the Web?
    Oh sheet.. The fourm police.... It is the point. You know there are some Ravens fans that do not use a computer. You seem to just wanna pick a fight. If you don't like what someone says. STFU and dont comment.

    http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ar-ring-to-it/

    As a Texan fan this is an open letter of sorts to the Texans; the national media still disrespects you. That's what it is - disrespect. I would have the biggest chip on my shoulder that I would not be satisfied until I went to the SB. Texans please let this be a motivating factor; you all deserve better. As a fan, it makes me upset that they don't acknowledge you at all - I mean nothing. There are four games this weekend and not one mention of you against the Ravens. I hope you play your hearts out, force your will on the Ravens and come out victorious. Then if they still don't show respect I say fans boycott ESPN and the NFL Network. Ridiculous man, simply ridiculous.
    Last edited by RavensQB; 01-11-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added link




  7. #43

    Re: No Coverage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Oh sheet.. The fourm police.... It is the point. You know there are some Ravens fans that do not use a computer. You seem to just wanna pick a fight. If you don't like what someone says. STFU and dont comment.
    What? And miss the ramblings of grown men whining because their team is not getting enough attention?




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,835

    Re: No Coverage?

    i LIKE being under the radar.
    they'll be talking us up soon enough!
    lack of drama can be kind of nice
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: No Coverage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    What? And miss the ramblings of grown men whining because their team is not getting enough attention?
    Like I said you just wanna pick a fight. Grow up Lil man that sits behind his keyboard.

    Your next post will look like this..

    This message is hidden because RavensRule2 is on your ignore list.




  10. #46

    Re: No Coverage?

    The truth is that NFL Network did at first give teams equally coverage (Some teams did have more news/drama like the Jets & Cowboys so naturally they had more stories). But they are struggling financially, so they are realizing that bigger market teams/bigger fanbase teams increases viewership. Business is always business and the NFL corporation isnt gonna stick to an equal coverage policy on the NFLN when its losing $$. Whether we like it or not... Tebow is a huge story and it creates viewership. What's so exciting about the Texans - Ravens game this weekend? Pittsburgh - Ravens game is a big story b/c Pittsburgh has a huge fanbase and in the past the players have popped off on one another. Even compare the Jets coverage to the Giants... both huge market teams. There is probably twice as much coverage for the Jets b/c of their drama. Come on, the Giants are a storied franchise... For the most part, the Jets haven't been relevant since Namath. Its just now the Jets have a blowbag coach with a bunch ME-ME players so its a bigger story.

    ESPN has been a joke since the late 90s. Does anyone really go to ESPN for football coverage?? Come on, they decided to employ Meshown Johnson as an analyst
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 01-11-2012 at 12:45 PM.




  11. #47

    Re: No Coverage?

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    The truth is that NFL Network did at first give teams equally coverage (Some teams did have more news/drama like the Jets & Cowboys so naturally they had more stories). But they are struggling financially, so they are realizing that bigger market teams/bigger fanbase teams increases viewership. Business is always business and the NFL corporation isnt gonna stick to an equal coverage policy on the NFLN when its losing $$. Whether we like it or not... Tebow is a huge story and it creates viewership. What's so exciting about the Texans - Ravens game this weekend? Pittsburgh - Ravens game is a big story b/c Pittsburgh has a huge fanbase and in the past the players have popped off on one another. Even compare the Jets coverage to the Giants... both huge market teams. There is probably twice as much coverage for the Jets b/c of their drama. Come on, the Giants are a storied franchise... For the most part, the Jets haven't been relevant since Namath. Its just now the Jets have a blowbag coach with a bunch ME-ME players so its a bigger story.
    Thank you....many fans take too personally the business decisions made by the networks. Texans/Ravens is not as compelling as the other games. That's just the facts.




  12. #48

    Re: No Coverage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Like I said you just wanna pick a fight. Grow up Lil man that sits behind his keyboard.

    Your next post will look like this..

    This message is hidden because RavensRule2 is on your ignore list.
    I can't deal with it so I'll just ignore you. Very mature.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland