Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 48
  1. #13

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update



    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgsNRavens2052 View Post
    Weather.com is the most reliable and it says 38 and mostly sunny
    That's highly debatable. When we got slammed with the two snowstorms 1 1/2 days apart, Accuweather predicted both within a few points of the actual numbers, while weather.com was far off. I always rely on Accuweather for boating weather, and have found it to be fairly "accurate".

    We shall see on Sunday!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas US of A
    Posts
    103

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    While true the Texans do not practice IN the stadium, they do practice indoors. And frequently. They have the practice bubble off of Kirby, across the street from Reliant.

    They use it often -- summer and winter alike.
    I'm credentialed and go to practice. They do their morning practice outside just about every time unless there's thunder. Kubiak likes the players running on grass because he thinks it is easier on injuries than the turf, and there's just so much more room to spread the different units out and to use the equipment. They do their afternoon walk-thrus often indoors--not their real practices.

    2-a-days aren't allowed under the new CBA, but even before they were banned, the Texans typically one real practice outdoors, and one walkthru in the bubble. The bubble feels real confined when they have to do a real practice indoors due to weather.




  3. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post


    The weather forecast is turning from uncomfortable to brutal, per the updated Accuweather forecast. Start the tailgate party in at 20 degree wind chill? Gametime temp 33 with 13 mph wind coming off the harbor?

    Question: what's your take on precipitation? I've heard it mumbled a few times.

    Pity the Texan fans coming up from the balmy Gulf Coast, used to watching the play in a domed stadium!
    Noooo!!! Its been cold here, we aren't used to watching a game in brutally cold conditions. Hey just out of curiosity what do y'all wear when it's that cold to a game.

    Meaning how do you wear a jersey and rep your team while staying warm. I was planning on wearing a hoodie underneath but that won't be warm enough apparently. I have a thick winter coat but then I won't stand out wearing my team colors




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,018

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
    Noooo!!! Its been cold here, we aren't used to watching a game in brutally cold conditions. Hey just out of curiosity what do y'all wear when it's that cold to a game.

    Meaning how do you wear a jersey and rep your team while staying warm. I was planning on wearing a hoodie underneath but that won't be warm enough apparently. I have a thick winter coat but then I won't stand out wearing my team colors
    You better bring that winter coat! I am telling you, that wind off the harbor is brutal.

    I am bringing my wind-proof UA winter jacket (jersey worn underneath), knit cap, flannel lined jeans courtesy of the Eddie Bauer store in the Galleria, long underwear, SmartWool socks and water / wind proof Timberland hiking boots --- and I will still feel cold most of the afternoon.

    You also dehydrate faster in colder temperatures than you do in warmer climates. Combine that with drinking and you could be setting yourself up for a fall if you're not drinking enough water to go along with your adult beverages.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ponce Inlet, FL
    Posts
    181

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
    Noooo!!! Its been cold here, we aren't used to watching a game in brutally cold conditions. Hey just out of curiosity what do y'all wear when it's that cold to a game.

    Meaning how do you wear a jersey and rep your team while staying warm. I was planning on wearing a hoodie underneath but that won't be warm enough apparently. I have a thick winter coat but then I won't stand out wearing my team colors
    This was always an issue ............. until Under Armour invented UA Base 4.0. I use an over-sized jersey to complete the ensemble.




  6. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You better bring that winter coat! I am telling you, that wind off the harbor is brutal.

    I am bringing my wind-proof UA winter jacket (jersey worn underneath), knit cap, flannel lined jeans courtesy of the Eddie Bauer store in the Galleria, long underwear, SmartWool socks and water / wind proof Timberland hiking boots --- and I will still feel cold most of the afternoon.

    You also dehydrate faster in colder temperatures than you do in warmer climates. Combine that with drinking and you could be setting yourself up for a fall if you're not drinking enough water to go along with your adult beverages.
    Damn, I better head to Academy and get some thermals. It's been warmer in Baltimore than Houston this week. Just our luck it's getting butt ass cold




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ponce Inlet, FL
    Posts
    181

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    I'm credentialed and go to practice. They do their morning practice outside just about every time unless there's thunder. Kubiak likes the players running on grass because he thinks it is easier on injuries than the turf, and there's just so much more room to spread the different units out and to use the equipment. They do their afternoon walk-thrus often indoors--not their real practices.

    2-a-days aren't allowed under the new CBA, but even before they were banned, the Texans typically one real practice outdoors, and one walkthru in the bubble. The bubble feels real confined when they have to do a real practice indoors due to weather.
    Let's get down to the serious questions like; "How was Regis, in person?"




  8. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    This was always an issue ............. until Under Armour invented UA Base 4.0. I use an over-sized jersey to complete the ensemble.
    That looks perfect. Thanks for the recommendation.




  9. #21

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by blwalt17 View Post
    Good news.

    Bundle up, guys.
    We have been lucky so far this year. I have dug out the winter gear. Bring it on, Let's go Ravens!!!




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas US of A
    Posts
    103

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    Let's get down to the serious questions like; "How was Regis, in person?"
    Hahahaha! Tiny. Painted sorta orange. With the whitest teeth you've ever seen. He sort of looked like a thinner Oompa Loompa. He wasn't in a very good mood that day given it was the second to the last prime time show they did before they cancelled it.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas US of A
    Posts
    103

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    We have been lucky so far this year. I have dug out the winter gear. Bring it on, Let's go Ravens!!!
    This is easier when it is a home game because if you go outside and are too cold, you can just go get more stuff.

    I have a closet full of Texans attire, and I rarely get to wear my cold weather stuff. I am actually ok with that but will make an exception for the playoffs.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ponce Inlet, FL
    Posts
    181

    Re: paging wxKevin: WTF? with this weather update

    Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    Hahahaha! Tiny. Painted sorta orange. With the whitest teeth you've ever seen. He sort of looked like a thinner Oompa Loompa. He wasn't in a very good mood that day given it was the second to the last prime time show they did before they cancelled it.
    He reminded me of "Weekend at Bernie's". He did sound irritated though, like he was late for an opera. Last show because you "broke the bank" ....


    P.S. You knew it was "Paris"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland