Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Predict AFC Championship Game: Ravens @ Patriots

even though they committed no turnovers, the Pats hung a whopping 17 points on the steelers....

patriots give up 24 a game, the ravens 16....

ravens 23 patriots 14......patriots aren't unbeatable, even when they protect the football...

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Ravens win, that is all that matters. Who do the pats have to back up brady? Have a feeling we will be seeing this person.
    Counting on the starting QB to be knocked out is wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Ravens 52 Patriots 16
    When was the last time the Ravens put up 50 on Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    2. Ravens can't get to Brady just as they couldn't get to Yates.
    That was by design. They only brought more than 4 rushers once or twice the entire game. The plan was to drop into coverage and make Yates throw it. Which he did, six times to our defenders.

Blog Entries

Brady will get his passes in but I'm hoping they follow the Steelers' blueprint from earlier in the year and play press-man defense and stick with our Big 4 up front, hoping they can get some hits/knockdowns/sacks on Brady. I'm thinking the Ravens establish a healthy running game which sets up playaction passes over the middle and to Torrey/Evans on the outside. Joe has played well in Foxborough (other than his PO game where he was still nursing that deep thigh bruise) and should be confident. The Pats' rushers can't hold a candle to the Texans' and he'll have time to get the matchups he wants.

Ravens 30
    Pats 27*

* Not sure but if the Pats go 'hurry-up' offense throughout the game it could get ugly for this Ravens "D" and the Pats could easily drop 35 on the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgater View Post
    The defense gives up yards, but tightens up in the red zone.

Pats 28
    Ravens 24
    True but if the Pats give the Ravens 290 yds passing and 120 yds rushing I feel really good about us scoring 30 pts even if 15 pts come from 5 field goals.

34-27 Patriots.

I thought that the Patriots would definitely be out of it at this point at the hands of the Steelers, but the Fighting Tebows ruined that idea.

As far as this game goes, the Ravens are gonna win this one and I don't think it'll even be close.

Ravens Run Offense (10th overall) vs. Pats Run Defense (17th overall)
    The excuse that you find most Patriots fans giving for their lack of defense this year is the fact that they've allowed yards but not points and have allowed yards only because of a lead. This would usually point to higher passing statistics as opposed to rushing. However, 17th overall is pretty bad considering you've been playing with a lead all year and still aren't in the top half of the league in run d. Ray Rice had a big day last playoff game against the Pats and I expect that again Sunday.

Ravens Pass Offense (19) vs. Pats Pass Defense (31)
    Flacco had a very mediocre outing last time in Foxboro in the playoffs, but we didn't need much from him that game with the huge lead we were able to grab in the first quarter. I don't think that the lead will come quite as easily this time, but who knows. It very well could. As long as we don't give a huge lead to the Patriots, I have a lot of confidence in Flacco to make plays against this awful pass defense. As long as he doesn't make a huge mistake, I'd give us the edge. This is the matchup that will decide the game if it is a close one.

Pats Run Offense (20) vs Ravens Run Defense (2)
    The Ravens' defense seems to be at its best when the opposing team is one dimensional. The Pats run offense leaves a lot to be desired. The biggest threat on the ground would be Green-Ellis, although Ridley received the bulk of the carries toward the end of the year. Neither one of them scares me, but I remember Danny Woodhead making some plays against us last year, but the feeling I get from Pats fans is that he is a liability in pass coverage so don't expect to see him too often. The Ravens defense definitely has the edge in this matchup, but if the Pats get going on the ground, I'd expect a loss.

Pats Pass Offense (2) vs Ravens Pass Defense (4)
    Now this is the only area of concern for the Ravens. We've yet to see a passing attack as dynamic as theirs all year. The only one that was even close was the Chargers and we were torched by them. In that game however, Lardarius had limited playing time AND they had an effective rushing attack with Ryan Matthews to boot. My biggest concern is covering those two TEs that the best and second best in the AFC this year arguably. I'm interested to see who we put on them, but I think if they're contained, our secondary will make big plays to win the game.

The last two games of the season, New England spotted 3 point leads but came back and won. It's convenient how Patsies fans and the national media were quick to forget about that after they destroyed a team that backed its way into the playoffs. If they spot us that kind of lead on Sunday, they will lose. While I don't see us getting a huge lead like Buffalo and Miami did, I think we will jump out to a two score lead. I think we get a 10-0 and don't look back.

Ravens 27
    Pats 14

Rice carries for 150 yards; Lardarius and Reed combine for another 3 picks.

One player will determine this game IMO, Haloti Ngata. If he dominates and pushes the pocket Ravens win, if not they lose. Ravens D allowed 16.6 points per game, Patriots 21, Not as far apart as the media would have you believe. This will be a very competitive game. Pats 31 Ravens 21

Quote Originally Posted by Coach42 View Post
    One player will determine this game IMO, Haloti Ngata. If he dominates and pushes the pocket Ravens win, if not they lose. Ravens D allowed 16.6 points per game, Patriots 21, Not as far apart as the media would have you believe. This will be a very competitive game. Pats 31 Ravens 21
    Pats aren't scoring 31, unless they get 3 turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Pats aren't scoring 31, unless they get 3 turnovers.
    They're certain capable of putting up 31 points. The Chargers hung 34 on the Ravens a short while ago, and the Patriots arguably have a more prolific passing attack.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    They're certain capable of putting up 31 points. The Chargers hung 34 on the Ravens a short while ago, and the Patriots arguably have a more prolific passing attack.
    The Chargers have a different type of offense. They have physical mismatches at wr and like to go vertical. The Pats employ a rhythmic passing game that exploits the middle of the field using their TE's (which also exploits mismatches). Also, our best corner was limited in that game. The Ravens will come ready to play. I don't see the Pats scoring 31.