Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 75
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,787
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense



    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It really drives me nuts how Cam will call all this long developing low % routes in a row. I think it's a big reason why Flacco's comp % dropped. I want to see more high % plays then work into deep shots. IE, I'd love to see them call some slants to Torrey. Then, have Torrey run the slant-go double move and leave the cb in the dust.
    A bubble screen to Torrey would be good too. He's strong and can make dudes miss. It's worked against better defenses.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #38

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What bugs me most is that they have changed so many rules to benefit the passing game the past couple of years. So many teams have modified their offenses to take advantage of this. We've see the Titans bring back elements of the Run & Shoot and the Broncos use the option because of the players on their team.

    When is Cam going to adjust this offense to suit the talent on this team? We desperately need some new thinking on this offense. Clean them all out and bring in someone who isn't friends with John Harbaugh and never coached with his father or played with his brother. Run this team like the business that it is and hire the best man for the job.
    I think he tried towards the beg of the year. When that didn't work people freaked out about not using Rice
    enough.




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jumped off Couch
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A bubble screen to Torrey would be good too. He's strong and can make dudes miss. It's worked against better defenses.
    Yes, but with some designed blocking please. Just throwing the ball to the guy because the defender is playing off-coverage is lame.




  4. #40

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    Cameron went straight vanilla because they had the lead and the defense was taking care of Huttton straight away. It is frustrating that he does that a lot, but they did win 12 games (now 13).

    I don't like Cameron either. Flacco's non-growth this year accentuates why he should be excorted to the nearest exit, IMO.

    Alex Smith "came outta nowhere" on Saturday. Why? because the team needed him to move the chains and regain the lead. Those were plays the Saints had not seen on film nor were Smith's throws anything they had ever seen him do on tape. They were caught off-guard.

    If the D gets exposed, which they probably will for the better part of the afternoon, Flacco will have his sunshine moment, because the team will need him to make plays and get this team in the game. He failed last year against Pittsburgh, the year before against Indy, and the year before that against Pittsburgh. Everyone expects him to fail yet again, but I don't believe that will happen. He did it against the Cards at home, Pittsburgh on the road (both games this year) and I think he'll do it against the Pats.

    Who on their defense is gonna stop him?
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.




  5. #41

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    Wow. It's one thing to hear from our fellow posters that the offense is unimaginative and vanilla (even I knew this) but it's another thing for Greg Cosell to call Cam out. And to think we've gotten to this point in spite of Cam is truly an indication of the talent that's being wasted. In light of these schematic flaws I'm getting a little skeptical of the Ravens ability (i.e Cam) to attack the Pats defense the way they should.
    Let's pray Cam wakes up this Sunday.




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    When is Cam going to adjust this offense to suit the talent on this team? We desperately need some new thinking on this offense. Clean them all out and bring in someone who isn't friends with John Harbaugh and never coached with his father or played with his brother. Run this team like the business that it is and hire the best man for the job.
    I couldn't agree more. Harbaugh is loyal to a fault (probaby his one drawback as a coach). Hopefully Ozzie and Steve will make the right decsisions at the end of the year. I am still holding out hope that this will be the game that Cam shows some creativity and takes full advantage of his players talents, listens to his peers feedback, his players feedback, and makes the necessary in game adjustments to help take this team to the Superbowl. We'll see..




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    I'm just going to hope that all of the iso-crap and 20 yard corner patterns to Pitta on 3rd and 2 were just game plan specific and that Cam puts together a great game plan for this week.
    You hit on what frustrates me the most right here. This will need to change this game as ball control and time off the clock will be key.




  8. #44

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    you guys have beaten this thing so far into the ground, by now it's in China.

    Re: Cosell or the genius that a few posters proclaim him to be, wasn't he the guy that said Bryant McKinnie was his least favorite player and that it was a terrible signing? Seems to me he has a little mud on his face for that one. But hey, Cosell is a genius... right guys?




  9. #45

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    Greg Cosell on Bryant McKinnie-

    "He’s a big-time stiff. I mean if you look at his physical attributes you would say that he should be a great left tackle, but he doesn’t play that way. He’s a lazy player, he doesn’t have good technique, and he’s a non-competitive player. He’s one of my least – and you know me, it’s nothing personal, I’m just telling you what I see – he’s one of my least favorite players over the last 3-4 years. He almost engenders a physical reaction in me when I watch him because he bothers me so much"

    Greg Cosell on the amazing John Beck-

    "I really liked John Beck coming out of Brigham Young. Relatively speaking. I didn’t like him like he was a top-10 pick in the draft, but I saw elements of his game –and I always have to be careful when I saw this, but Matt I think you’re smart enough to get when I saw this kind of stuff, you’ll know that I’m not absolutely comparing him to this player right now – but I thought John Beck had elements in his game of a Drew Brees kind of player.




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    824

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    I am not saying anybody is perfect about anything. I find the points he made to be fairly accurate. Do you have some comments as to his observations?

    The frustrating part is what has been expressed. He has the ability to call a good PART of a game. I hope we see a combination of the play-calling in the Minnesota game a couple of years ago that gave them the chance to win, and the Atlanta game that showed a late surge, and the Kansas City domination/Steelers Smack down. They are there, somewhere.

    BTW, who drafted John Beck?
    Captain Offense




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jumped off Couch
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Greg Cosell on Bryant McKinnie-

    "He’s a big-time stiff. I mean if you look at his physical attributes you would say that he should be a great left tackle, but he doesn’t play that way. He’s a lazy player, he doesn’t have good technique, and he’s a non-competitive player. He’s one of my least – and you know me, it’s nothing personal, I’m just telling you what I see – he’s one of my least favorite players over the last 3-4 years. He almost engenders a physical reaction in me when I watch him because he bothers me so much"

    Greg Cosell on the amazing John Beck-

    "I really liked John Beck coming out of Brigham Young. Relatively speaking. I didn’t like him like he was a top-10 pick in the draft, but I saw elements of his game –and I always have to be careful when I saw this, but Matt I think you’re smart enough to get when I saw this kind of stuff, you’ll know that I’m not absolutely comparing him to this player right now – but I thought John Beck had elements in his game of a Drew Brees kind of player.
    lol - good points!




  12. #48

    Re: Old Fashioned Offense

    It was a vanilla, basic offensive, safe game plan against a team that had no way to beat us with TJ yates at QB??? Who knew!

    He said he watched the TEXANS GAME. ONE GAME. Against a 3rd string rookie QB.

    An offensive or defensive gameplan is specifically tailored to the opponent you play.

    We see this ALL THE TIME when we are playing a garbage offense who the coaches know we can beat with basic stuff. A TJ Yates led offense will be played a certain way. Keep it simple, don't make any big mistakes and we win every fucking time.

    You won't see that gameplan vs the Patriots. You WILL see that gameplan against an offense that the coaches know damn well won't be able to put up a lot of points.

    We went op 17-3 what did you want Joe dropping back and chucking it all over the place with their Dline destroying our Oline on almost every play? Use your brain, Cam did on Sunday and look what it got us.....ANOTHER win. Our 13TH of the year.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland