Hybrid View

Any Ravens fans in the Northwest?

Hi-

Just moved to Oregon from B'more and I'm looking to stay connected with Ravens fans. I have the dish and Sunday Ticket so I won't miss any games, but it's always more fun to watch with others. So let me know if anyone out there is in the Portland area and wants to meet up somewhere on Sundays. Also, if anyone plans on coming out for the Seattle game Dec 23 I WILL be making the 3 hour trip up there as well. I've been to a game at Qwest Field before and it has its ups and downs.........and I'd be happy to pass on my impressions and experiences if anyone is interested. Thanks all and GO RAVENS!

Re: Any Ravens fans in the Northwest?

We'll try to hook up with you for the Seattle game.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    We'll try to hook up with you for the Seattle game.
    I've been debating a trip to the Seattle game as well, from LA- so let me know what you guys have going on. I very well may meet you all!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Seahawks single game tix went on sale this morning and I got mine for the Dec 23rd game! Hope some of you all will be there too. I'm in Section 328, Row EE........the very last row in the upper deck, so I'll have to watch for nosebleeds. As promised here's some of the pros and cons of going to a game at Qwest Field based on my experience last season when I went to the Hawks/SD game.

The Good:
    -Nice stadium, has all of the amenities you'd expect in a modern facility
    -70% of seats are under cover, so depending on where you sit there is a good chance you will be protected from the elements (see item #1 on The Bad)
    -Like M&T its downtown location makes it convenient if you plan on staying in that area and seeing some of the city's other attractions. There are also plenty of places nearby to enjoy pre and post-game food/drinks.
    -Great fans. Very passionate and seem generally respectful towards visiting fans. And the reputation of the place being very loud is pretty valid.......helped I'm sure by the acoustics, especially the roofs that cover much of the seating areas. McNair and Co. should be prepared to use silent snap counts
    -Hope you like garlic, because garlic fries are the big rage out here and the scent of garlic pretty much permeates the air........if you hate garlic, this obviously goes under the category below

The Bad:
    -Since the game is late in the season, there is about a 99.9% chance that it will rain at any point before, during, and after the game.........welcome to the Northwest
    -Like M&T, don't expect to get in and out of the restrooms quickly, especially if you go at halftime........the 3rd Qtr will likely be under way when you return.
    -They also do a pat-down before entering the stadium, but it did not seem to run as efficient as at M&T, it took a very long time to get through the line and into the stadium

The Ugly:
    -Very little parking near the stadium, and most of the stadium-run spaces are garages.
    -Only a tiny section of the "North Lot" permits tailgating. And those spaces are available only to season ticket holders. There are privately owned lots in the area that are the best bet for those who want to tailgate. I don't have much info on them, but PM me and I'll be happy to share what I do know.
    -Traffic is a nightmare, especially right after the game. If you come by vehicle, don't expect to get out of there in less than 30 minutes.
    -Not much available in the way of public transportation. They have buses, but they use the same roads as the cars so traffic is still an issue there. No subway/light rail available. There is an Amtrak station right next to the stadium, but that's only useful if you are outside of the Seattle area.........I may use it to get up and back from Portland.

That's most of my impressions in a nutshell. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. For those who have never been, Seattle is a great city and as long as you can tolerate gray skies and some rain, December isn't as bad a time to visit as it might seem. I know the game is right before the holidays and may not the best time to go on a Ravens Road Trip, but for those who do I'm sure you'll have a good time.
    Last edited by OregonRaven; 07-30-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonRaven View Post
    Seahawks single game tix went on sale this morning and I got mine for the Dec 23rd game! Hope some of you all will be there too. I'm in Section 328, Row EE........
    I am glad that you posted .... somehow, when I entered a Yahoo calendar reminder, it didn't go off and I missed the ticket sale yesterday. After seeing that all the tickets were gone except for "obstructed view" singles, I was going to just wait for the week before the game to pick up players' extras from the Ravens ticket office, but my wife prodded me to get the obstructed view singles, since this is the last Ravens visit to Seattle until 2015. What we got were pretty good, both uppers - she's Sect 335, row F -- near the 50; I'm on the goal line, Sect 339, row A, seat 1 -hopefully it's an aisle seat. These were apparently unsold handicapped seats right on the rails.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Mike K moved out that way a couple of years ago for work. I think I have seen him on here.
    Admin Steve
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.