Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 73 to 83 of 83
  1. #73

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!



    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It was the right call, but probably should have been reviewed.

    The thing that is so damn upsetting is, that it appears Evans is careless with it, and that he's starting to raise his arms up to celebrate instead of tucking and avoiding the contact.
    Are you sure he was raising it up to celebrate? Looked to me he was trying to secure it, not saying you are wrong but that is how it looked to me, maybe we should just give a lot of credit to the Patriot player for a good play.




  2. #74

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Are you sure he was raising it up to celebrate? Looked to me he was trying to sucure it, not saying you are wrong but that is how it looked to me, maybe we should just give a lot of credit to the Patriot player for a good play.
    You should also be mad at the fact he was jumping in the air trying to trap it in his gut, if he would have reached and made the catch with his hands it would be a TD.




  3. #75

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMan View Post
    Are you sure he was raising it up to celebrate? Looked to me he was trying to secure it, not saying you are wrong but that is how it looked to me, maybe we should just give a lot of credit to the Patriot player for a good play.
    ^this as well




  4. #76

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by rellimie View Post
    You should also be mad at the fact he was jumping in the air trying to trap it in his gut, if he would have reached and made the catch with his hands it would be a TD.
    So true. I always wonder why so many guys try to catch the ball with thier stomach at this level. He did not need to jump or even reach that high to get it.

    Still I more credit the defender than blame Evans, but if you want to go to the SB, you need to find a way to make that catch, and you may want to rely on your hands instead of your stomach next time.







  5. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    821
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    That was a great defensive play, there's no question. It reminded me of that Rams linebacker Mike Jones (I think that was their name) who made that open-field tackle to preserve the SB win over the Titans. If the Patriots win the SB, this play will have been just as big. Sometimes unheralded defensive players come up with the biggest plays. I still think however that a top receiver makes that play. I think the Ravens have found one in Torry Smith. He is having a great experience being involved in these kinds of big games in his rookie year. I am sure he will learn from having seen these kinds of plays up close.




  6. #78

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I think Golden Era is correct and that it should have been ruled a complete pass, and a touchdown.

    I also think it was such a close call that I can't blame the refs too much for ruling the opposite way when watching it at full-speed. (The earlier penalty on Webb for apparently being in the path of a flailing Wes Welker - that nullified an interception - was far more bogus).

    What I think this highlights is a twofold problem:

    1) Nobody in the entire NFL, not fans, not coaches, not referees, fully understands what is, and what is not reviewable. The entire system of rules relating to this needs to be scrapped and rebuilt from scratch, and drastically simplified.

    2) Nobody in the entire NFL, not fans, not coaches, not referees, fully understands what is, and what is not a touchdown. The entire system of rules relating to this needs to be scrapped and rebuilt from scratch, and drastically simplified.
    Other than being a Ravens fan and looking for anything and anyone to blame for that play, what makes you think it was a TD? The fact that he never got a second foot down with control of the football?

    Pretty sure everyone knows that it wasn't a TD...even Golden Era has stopped insisting that it was a TD




  7. #79

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    I don't see why everyone is being so hard on Lee Evans. He caught the ball, but a defender made a good play and knocked it out of his hands. It's not like he just dropped it for no reason like most of our receivers have done all season.




  8. #80

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Watched it one time over and it was clear as day the left foot was not down.

    If it was reviewed it would not have mattered either way.




  9. #81

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I don't see why everyone is being so hard on Lee Evans. He caught the ball, but a defender made a good play and knocked it out of his hands. It's not like he just dropped it for no reason like most of our receivers have done all season.
    The receiver has two responsibilities. The first is to catch the ball and the second is too maintain possession. I don't know of any receiver that drops the ball for no reason. There's a reason for every drop but dropping it for no reason isn't one of them. I can handle occassional drops by our receivers but to be in the top 5 is unacceptable.




  10. #82

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    You know, if the ball never touches the ground.........we're not talking about this.

    How about we leave it at that?




  11. #83

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    cause his job is to catch that ball. the defender didnt have a monster hit on him, he tapped the ball and it came out. he isnt worth his contract.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland