Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 83
  1. #37

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!



    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    He sure did. 100% guaranteed.

    Watch it again, and post the link. You need to review that.
    He did not...you are just a lost cause. I'm watching it on my DVR and at no point did 2 feet come down with him having possession. I have watched those last 3 plays at least 5 times...I can tell you everything that happened on those plays and Lee Evans did not have 2 feet down.

    I will say the Calvin Johnson rule is not in play here...that is for players that fall to the ground...Evans never went to the ground. He just never had 2 feet down with possession.




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fredneck, MD
    Posts
    319

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    I love the Ravens but I never thought that was a catch. Neither did any of the announcers. He didn't "take two full full steps".

    Maybe in slow motion it looked like he had the ball long enough but he didn't in real time. He had the biggest catch of his career stripped from his hands and I admit it.
    Huh?




  3. #39

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Okay Golden, I wanna say you're a smart guy and all, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

    1) He did NOT get both feet down.
    2) Even if he had, he did NOT make a football move with the ball.

    It wasn't a catch. It's pretty simple, dude. Not one credible person in the media will ever question it. Not cause there's some sort of conspiracy. Because it wasn't frigging CLOSE.

    - C -
    Thanks psu...that is exactly what I've been looking at for the last hour.




  4. #40

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Alright, thanks to the link above I've been able to watch it again. He does get two feet down (right as he catches it, left as he turns), but he doesn't "maintain control of the ball long enough to perform any act common to the game."

    It was the right call, damn the refs to Hades!




  5. #41

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's the same rule that got Megatron and other receivers since its inception two years ago.

    Hate the rule, not its enforcement.
    He never went to the ground so it is adiff standard for possession. He should have caught it. Did not I guess, but it was much more like the Heap grab in atlas or Evans grab in preseason.

    Close enough for a review, but like I said, there was no way we were getting that call. Woulda coulda shouldest made the catch though.







  6. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,260

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    As much as I want to say that was a catch, that would be grasping at straws. It wasn't a catch, and the referees did not rob anyone. The only questionable call all game was the bogus ticky-tack illegal contact call on Webb, which negated Pollard's interception and allowed Patriots to put points on the board.




  7. #43

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Alright, thanks to the link above I've been able to watch it again. He does get two feet down (right as he catches it, left as he turns), but he doesn't "maintain control of the ball long enough to perform any act common to the game."

    It was the right call, damn the refs to Hades!
    I honestly have no idea what you guys are seeing.

    He only got one foot down.

    As his left toe hits the turf, the ball is coming out of his arms.

    I have slowed it down and watched replay after replay, in slow motion and in real time...he never got 2 feet down with possession.




  8. #44

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I honestly have no idea what you guys are seeing.

    He only got one foot down.

    As his left toe hits the turf, the ball is coming out of his arms.

    I have slowed it down and watched replay after replay, in slow motion and in real time...he never got 2 feet down with possession.
    It's called seeing what you want to see.

    Just like people complaining about the illegal contact on Webb in 1st quarter. Clearly the correct call but that won't change some people's mind. If that were Arrington and Boldin on that play and it wasn't called this place would melt down.

    Or the "head to head" hit. Please.

    This was one hell of a game decided on the field by the players and not the referees.

    It was about as heartbreaking as they come but it was a great game.

    PP




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I didn't think it was a bad call as I watched it. I didn't think he had both feet on the ground when the ball was stripped. The play was reviewed in the booth (every scoring play is), and the booth didn't think it was worthy of more review.
    That play was NOT reviewed in the booth, because it was not a scoring play. The play was ruled an incomplete pass. The fact that it was not reviewed was inexcusable.




  10. #46

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    As much as I want to say that was a catch, that would be grasping at straws. It wasn't a catch, and the referees did not rob anyone. The only questionable call all game was the bogus ticky-tack illegal contact call on Webb, which negated Pollard's interception and allowed Patriots to put points on the board.
    That was questionable. Welker cut right into Webb.

    It was just not our day. The game was close enough that any single play could have made the difference but I just feel disappointed not robbed.







  11. #47

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    I agree. He got one foot down, then the ball gets knocked out right before his second foot comes down. That was a damn good throw by Flacco. It reminded me of his game winning td throw to Housh at Pitt. last year.




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,260

    Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    It's called seeing what you want to see.

    Just like people complaining about the illegal contact on Webb in 1st quarter. Clearly the correct call ...
    Clearly? I'm not saying it was a wrong call, but it certainly was questionablely borderline. That play goes uncalled more often than not. It's not what cost the Ravens the game, but it wasn't "clearly the correct call".




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland