Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,778

    Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America



    "At a time when too many of our institutions have let us down, they (the military) exceed all expectations. They're not consumed with personal ambition. They don't obsess over their differences. They focus on the mission at hand. They work together," he says. "Imagine what we could accomplish if we followed their example. Think about the America within our reach: A country that leads the world in educating its people. An America that attracts a new generation of high-tech manufacturing and high-paying jobs. A future where we're in control of our own energy, and our security and prosperity aren't so tied to unstable parts of the world. An economy built to last, where hard work pays off, and responsibility is rewarded."


    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...merica/251956/

    in other words...Obama wants a regimented America where the educated elite make the decisions and the rest of us obediently submit (for the greater good of course).
    the Leftist dream; a super-government controlling the state (and thus the people)...
    ...for our own good of course.
    America exists because we did NOT want a powerful government controlling our lives.
    here's hoping this November the voters see throught the psychobabble and reject his leftist statism.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 01-25-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: add link to original article
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    3,981
    Wow. And if he said we should do the opposite of the military you'd say Obama wanted to destroy the rule of law and erode our values by destroying the respect for order and authority right?

    He said we should work together, collectively be more educated, and try to lure lucrative high value jobs back to America, how can anyone be opposed to any of that?


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369104,-76.761176
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,133

    Re: Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Wow. And if he said we should do the opposite of the military you'd say Obama wanted to destroy the rule of law and erode our values by destroying the respect for order and authority right?

    He said we should work together, collectively be more educated, and try to lure lucrative high value jobs back to America, how can anyone be opposed to any of that?


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369104,-76.761176
    How is he trying to do that?

    It's one thing to try to do it, it's another thing to say it as part of a campaign speech...




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    3,981
    I wasn't discussing what he is or isn't doing, I was discussing the content of his speech, and there's nothing in that speech that justifies the conclusion that the OP drew.

    If someone can cite evidence in that speech that indicates "we should pattern ourself after the military" equals "we should instate a super powered central government that is ruled by an educated elite."

    I'm all for fair criticism of the president, but just like Trap's constant inference that he's secretly a Muslim, or a foreigner, or both, the OP's criticism isn't grounded in reality and unworthy of being taken seriously.


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369148,-76.761143
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,205

    Re: Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

    Of the many laughs I got last night, the best one occurred when he spoke about ending our dependence on foreign oil but then immediately followed it up by bragging about shutting down the keystone pipeline.

    AP did a Fact Check on his speech .... same policies that have already flopped ...

    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120125/D9SFO48G0.html
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-25-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,133

    Re: Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I wasn't discussing what he is or isn't doing, I was discussing the content of his speech, and there's nothing in that speech that justifies the conclusion that the OP drew.

    If someone can cite evidence in that speech that indicates "we should pattern ourself after the military" equals "we should instate a super powered central government that is ruled by an educated elite."

    I'm all for fair criticism of the president, but just like Trap's constant inference that he's secretly a Muslim, or a foreigner, or both, the OP's criticism isn't grounded in reality and unworthy of being taken seriously.


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369148,-76.761143
    Than the answer is no one can argue against bringing jobs back here. But he can say what he wants to do all day in pretty campaign speech, but as HR pointed out. Saying one thing and than doing another, how can you take anything he says seriously?




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

    The OPs take on the SOTU is why some people really shouldn't be voting. If this is what you took away from his speech, I really don't know what to say.

    Obama set the up the debate that will occur after the primary is over. Its a good debate as well. What is the role of the government and what economic conditions (ie regulations) promote equality and growth. Obama is framing it well at this point and even getting help from Gingrich.

    After watching the debates for so long, it was nice to watch an individual that, at a minimum, can appear Presidential and hopeful. Juxtapose that with Daniels' gloom and doom Droopy the Dog impersonation and Obama came off looking pretty good.








  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,133

    Re: Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    The OPs take on the SOTU is why some people really shouldn't be voting. If this is what you took away from his speech, I really don't know what to say.

    Obama set the up the debate that will occur after the primary is over. Its a good debate as well. What is the role of the government and what economic conditions (ie regulations) promote equality and growth. Obama is framing it well at this point and even getting help from Gingrich.

    After watching the debates for so long, it was nice to watch an individual that, at a minimum, can appear Presidential and hopeful. Juxtapose that with Daniels' gloom and doom Droopy the Dog impersonation and Obama came off looking pretty good.
    Bravo..

    Something, I didn't think you were capable of Galen. Objective analysis of Obama...












  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,771
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

    More double talk from him because He'll still get the Canadian (foreign) oilw/o the pipeline.

    His pal Warre Buffett owns the rail road that will transport the oil from North Western Canada to Texas - over 1600 miles.

    It costs a lot more shipping it by rail but Buffett will make billioins from it. Piping it in will send billions of gallons of oil per day.

    And to think OBY is cheating over 20,000 workers out of a job by shipping it.

    So much for caring about the unemployed.


    http://www.pointofview.net/site/News...s_iv_ctrl=1201
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-26-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,771
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sotu; Obama wants a regimented America

    And speaking of hypocrissy, Buffett who has over $50B, paid only 15% in taxes on that money just like Mitt, Soros, Kerry, et al while his secretary paid 30% on her single income of a few thousand or so.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland