Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 37 to 46 of 46
  1. #37

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012



    Older veterans could play worse compared to '11 since there will be no lockout - it was the lockout that caused so many of them to have great seasons throughout the league this year.
    Last edited by curseofdilfer; 01-28-2012 at 01:11 AM.





  2. #38

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    12-4 to 13-3, assuming that our receivers progress, the OL is rejuvenated, and we survive major free agency defections. TEs should swap places, and hopefully we get to see Doss or Williams rise, and find a guy with sticky fingers to replace Evans.

    I don't buy into the Ravens schedule being difficult, again just based on the 2011 rosters. Doubtful that the Ravens will be facing so many top 10 defenses again. AFC West and NFC East are bottom feeder divisions, and we get to play their better teams in Baltimore. If the road game curse against mediocre teams is resolved, the Ravens should go 8-0 to 6-2 against these two divisions. I expect to see the Steelers dropping off substantially, but little improvement by the Bengals unless they get a few impact players off the 3 first rounders. 5-1 to 4-2 against our division. Another 8-0 home record is not just conceivable, but likely; bookies would likely establish the Ravens as the favorite in every game.

    The 10-6 prediction above is unlikely, but anything could happen. We have had 4 straight charmed seasons of Flacco and Rice capable of playing just about every down of 49 games. An injury to either could be catastrophic, with a questionable back-up QB and the potential of Ricky Williams retiring or going on another reefer binge.

    btw: I don't get what ails some of you re the Patriots fan coming here to provide an outside opinion. We have booted many opponents fans who came here to taunt and flame, but have always welcomed intelligent discourse about Ravens football with opponents fans.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  3. Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    So I'm confused.....should we determine the Superbowl teams by who beat the most teams with a winning record during the regular season and scrap the playoff system that seems to plague Baltimore every year?
    This is essentially what you are doing by attempting to predict next years Ravens record based on how many teams they play that had winning records or successful seasons this year.

    Personally, I think trying to predict next years record for next season this far in advance is useless.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    53

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    This is essentially what you are doing by attempting to predict next years Ravens record based on how many teams they play that had winning records or successful seasons this year.

    Personally, I think trying to predict next years record for next season this far in advance is useless.
    Obviously people guessing what next seasons record is done for fun and is certainly an inexact science, but who they play doesn't play into what their record may be? And for the other part, I was responding to a poster that was claiming that Baltimore should be the team to move on because they beat more teams with winning records during the regular season.....I assume you think that is a good idea too because I don't see you commenting about that gem of a comment.




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    8,854
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    Obviously people guessing what next seasons record is done for fun and is certainly an inexact science, but who they play doesn't play into what their record may be? And for the other part, I was responding to a poster that was claiming that Baltimore should be the team to move on because they beat more teams with winning records during the regular season.....I assume you think that is a good idea too because I don't see you commenting about that gem of a comment.
    You wouldn't even be here if Lee Evans held on to the ball wouldn't you? Your just here to tell us about how much better the Patriots are than the Ravens, and how the Ravens aren't "elite". Giving us 10-6 predictions, that's fine, lets just see what happens next season. If we beat you next season at home, I bet you wont be here.




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,332
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Way too early to think about 2012. We at least need to have a clearer view of the roster. This time last season was anyone possibly thinking that the Colts would be the worst team in the NFL? How about that the 49ers would be the 2nd seed in the NFC? I need to see who we lose in free agency first and how those loses are replaced.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    53

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You wouldn't even be here if Lee Evans held on to the ball wouldn't you? Your just here to tell us about how much better the Patriots are than the Ravens, and how the Ravens aren't "elite". Giving us 10-6 predictions, that's fine, lets just see what happens next season. If we beat you next season at home, I bet you wont be here.
    Show me all the quotes....or even one, that I boast how much better I think the Patriots are. The thread is about how you think the Ravens will be next year.....I responded with 10-6, pretty good record for the tough schedule they look to have. You think I said they were going to go 3-13 with the responses I've been getting.
    The Ravens may very well beat the Patriots next season, the Ravens have a good team and I wouldn't be suprised to see them win, and if they did I certainly wouldn't run and hide. Honest question, what is more realistic Ravens going 10-6 or Ravens beating Pittsburgh EVERY time for the next 10 years ? Yet I get attacked and the genius who claimed the 20 game win streak vs. Pittsburgh has nothing said to him. I'd say you Baltimore fans are very fair .




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    8,854
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    Show me all the quotes....or even one, that I boast how much better I think the Patriots are. The thread is about how you think the Ravens will be next year.....I responded with 10-6, pretty good record for the tough schedule they look to have. You think I said they were going to go 3-13 with the responses I've been getting.
    The Ravens may very well beat the Patriots next season, the Ravens have a good team and I wouldn't be suprised to see them win, and if they did I certainly wouldn't run and hide. Honest question, what is more realistic Ravens going 10-6 or Ravens beating Pittsburgh EVERY time for the next 10 years ? Yet I get attacked and the genius who claimed the 20 game win streak vs. Pittsburgh has nothing said to him. I'd say you Baltimore fans are very fair .
    I'm not saying that we are even gonna sweep the Steelers next season, and we are never gonna go on a 20 game win streak against them. But we swept the Steelers this season, and won our division, right now as it stands we are in better position than the Steelers are, even the Bengals are in better posistion than them with two first round picks. The Steelers have cap issues and are gonna have to have a youth movement on defense which hardely ever wins you the toughest division in football. So I just don't get how you can be so sure that the Steelers are still the better team than us after what happened this season.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    53

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm not saying that we are even gonna sweep the Steelers next season, and we are never gonna go on a 20 game win streak against them. But we swept the Steelers this season, and won our division, right now as it stands we are in better position than the Steelers are, even the Bengals are in better posistion than them with two first round picks. The Steelers have cap issues and are gonna have to have a youth movement on defense which hardely ever wins you the toughest division in football. So I just don't get how you can be so sure that the Steelers are still the better team than us after what happened this season.
    I know you didn't say it, but a Raven poster on here claimed a 10 year winning streak vs. the Steelers is coming, and I'm unrealistic to predict 10-6.




  10. #46

    Re: Baltimore Ravens in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by DBK11 View Post
    I know you didn't say it, but a Raven poster on here claimed a 10 year winning streak vs. the Steelers is coming, and I'm unrealistic to predict 10-6.
    Why are you still trolling around here? Your team is going to the SB even though they had to get lucky to get there.

    The Ravens were 12-4 the last 2 years in a row. 10-6 would be a major step back regardless of the perception of the schedule.

    If the Ravens do not fare well in free agency, then maybe they do drop to a 10-6 type of team, but with a good free agency period, they may improve to 14-2.







Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland