Results 1 to 12 of 48

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,108
    Blog Entries
    4

    AFC North predictions for next season



    After our heart breaking loss in the AFC championship, all I have been thinking about is what to do in the off season, whether that being what we can do with our cap room, FA, or the draft. With that said, here are my predictions of how I think the division will finish next season.

    1. Ravens (finish 12-4 again, losses will come to Texans, the Steelers on the road, the Bengals, and the Chargers on the road. Additionally will clinch another bye week in the play off's.)

    2. The Bengals (finish 11-5, losses will come to the Ravens on the road, the Steelers on the road, Browns on the road, Giants at home, and the Dolphins at home. Will make play off's as a wild card.)

    3. The Steelers BOLD PREDICTION (finish 9-7, losses will come to the Ravens on the road, the Bengals on the road, the Browns on the road, the Cowboys on the road, the Giants on the road, the Chargers at home, and the Jets at home. Will lose some of their players in off season due to cap issues, and will miss the play off's)

    4. The Browns (finish 6-11, wins will come from Steelers at home, the Bengals at home, Bills at home, Redskins at home, Colts on the road, Broncos on the road. I also think that they will draft RG3)

    Do you think that's realistic?




  2. #2

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    I'll take it!! Maybe wishful thinking with steelers. Certainly I think there is some potential for the Steelers to fall a little, but with Big Ben and the receivers they have they will still be very very tough.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,223
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    Why not just start predicting 2014?
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #4

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    its a bit early as Gota has pointed out. we have no idea what our team will look like let alone others. I do foresee the Steelers losing a lot of personnel including Harrison (cut for cap) and failing to reach the playoffs. i have them at 8-8 personally but i also didnt think they were as good as their record this year. I think the Broncos (another team that didnt belong in the playoffs) proved as much.
    -JAB




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,852
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    There is so much parity in the NFL year to year.

    Who would have thought the Niners would beat out the Packers and Saints for a shot at the Super Bowl?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,662
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    If the Browns get RGIII or a solid FA QB to add to their weapons they could make some noise.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  7. #7

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    its a bit early as Gota has pointed out. we have no idea what our team will look like let alone others. I do foresee the Steelers losing a lot of personnel including Harrison (cut for cap) and failing to reach the playoffs. i have them at 8-8 personally but i also didnt think they were as good as their record this year. I think the Broncos (another team that didnt belong in the playoffs) proved as much.
    Cutting Harrison this year would save them no money. It's possible he could be cut next year. The more likely cuts this year are: Farrior, Foote, Ward, McFadden, Hampton, Battle, Smith (and Hoke who just retired).

    There are not many other cuts that would actually save them money. Cutting the guys listed would save them around $20 million. They'll lose veteran leadership, but frankly most of the guys listed were not full-time starters any more, so it's tough to say what the full impact would be.

    They'd also likely restructure a couple of contracts.

    EDIT: Add Kemo and Will Allen to the likely cuts.

    If they cut the players listed above and restructure contracts like Woodley and Timmons (both of whom are due large roster bonuses), they can save more than $30 million which gets them well under the cap. It will mean they lose veteran depth on the bench and whether they have enough wiggle room to re-sign Wallace remains to be seen.
    Last edited by madmikey; 01-26-2012 at 10:31 AM.




  8. #8

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by madmikey View Post
    Cutting Harrison this year would save them no money. It's possible he could be cut next year. The more likely cuts this year are: Farrior, Foote, Ward, McFadden, Hampton, Battle, Smith (and Hoke who just retired).

    There are not many other cuts that would actually save them money. Cutting the guys listed would save them around $20 million. They'll lose veteran leadership, but frankly most of the guys listed were not full-time starters any more, so it's tough to say what the full impact would be.

    They'd also likely restructure a couple of contracts.

    EDIT: Add Kemo and Will Allen to the likely cuts.

    If they cut the players listed above and restructure contracts like Woodley and Timmons (both of whom are due large roster bonuses), they can save more than $30 million which gets them well under the cap. It will mean they lose veteran depth on the bench and whether they have enough wiggle room to re-sign Wallace remains to be seen.
    I believe Harrison signed his deal in 2009. meaning this would have been his 3rd year under the deal. all contracts in the NFL are basically 3 year deals. 10 mill guaranteed should already be accounted for so I think his injuries and larger cap number may be a reason. its just my opinion, havent heard anything suggesting such.

    http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot....t-details.html

    So, in effect, the contract could actually be considered a two or three-year deal, which is more in line with what a 31-year-old player
    -JAB




  9. #9

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    madmikey - who replaced Casey Hampton? I see him as one of the most critical cogs in that defense.




  10. #10

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    I'll take it!! Maybe wishful thinking with steelers. Certainly I think there is some potential for the Steelers to fall a little, but with Big Ben and the receivers they have they will still be very very tough.
    i wonder if they will pay wallace. they usually don't pay the big bucks and they have Brown as insurance but i still think Wallace is a big piece of their offense.




  11. #11

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    After our heart breaking loss in the AFC championship, all I have been thinking about is what to do in the off season, whether that being what we can do with our cap room, FA, or the draft. With that said, here are my predictions of how I think the division will finish next season.

    1. Ravens (finish 12-4 again, losses will come to Texans, the Steelers on the road, the Bengals, and the Chargers on the road. Additionally will clinch another bye week in the play off's.)

    2. The Bengals (finish 11-5, losses will come to the Ravens on the road, the Steelers on the road, Browns on the road, Giants at home, and the Dolphins at home. Will make play off's as a wild card.)

    3. The Steelers BOLD PREDICTION (finish 9-7, losses will come to the Ravens on the road, the Bengals on the road, the Browns on the road, the Cowboys on the road, the Giants on the road, the Chargers at home, and the Jets at home. Will lose some of their players in off season due to cap issues, and will miss the play off's)

    4. The Browns (finish 6-11, wins will come from Steelers at home, the Bengals at home, Bills at home, Redskins at home, Colts on the road, Broncos on the road. I also think that they will draft RG3)

    Do you think that's realistic?
    I think we own the Squeelers for a couple of years. I see all of us around 10-6 though.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In a van down by the rivah
    Posts
    757

    Re: AFC North predictions for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    4. The Browns (finish 6-11, wins will come from Steelers at home, the Bengals at home, Bills at home, Redskins at home, Colts on the road, Broncos on the road. I also think that they will draft RG3)
    Poor Cleveland Browns. Only they could find a way to go 6-11 and lose a 17th game.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland