Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
They don't currently have the linebackers to successfully run the 4-3 full-time.
I disagree with that.

I think they are 1 LB away from being a decent 4-3 unit, but I think they're a LB shy of being a good 3-4 unit as well.

I actually think that JJ would be a good weakside OLB. McClain isn't the greatest in coverage, but he's not terrible. He'd be my choice for the strong side. Ellerbe would be my #2 Mike behind Ray Lewis. Also, with the way the draft is shaping up the Ravens could easily take a guy like Lavonte David, Zach Brown, or Terrell Manning.

Stephen Tulloch, Dan Connor, EJ Henderson, Kirk Morrison, Joe Mays, Wesley Woodyard, and Barrett Ruud are all FA's and all have functioned well in a 4-3.

It's entirely possible.

Kruger is obviously really great as a pass rushing DE, but in coverage he's just not quick enough to be effective at it. Pernell McPhee is also someone who could play LE in a 4-3.

Honestly though, it doesn't matter because offenses are still going to try and double Suggs until the Ravens get someone who can legitimately rush the passer from the opposite side and be an every down OLB/DE. Hopefully that's Kruger or Kindle.