Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Results 241 to 252 of 256
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,798
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread



    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Denver is not as cold as people think, 2nd most sun next to Arizona. The cold usually doesn't hit til mid January or so and spring happens a little later than most places. Usually in December games are in low 50's, with sun. It's not bad at 5280 feet, but go up another 2-3000 feet different story.
    I've done that and got hi altitude sickness.

    Ravenous 52 banged on Mr Ts door at 0300 and said Trap is sick as a dog, man. We were up in Aspen and they had to get me out of there in a hurry. It was a 2-hr ambulance ride down the mountains.

    I'm in a Denver hospital sick as a dog and nobody back home knows where I am. Rave 52 drove my car down
    on Fri night. It took all day Fri to get the fluid out of my lungs but the dumb nurse didn't put my clothes in the ambulance so I only had my pants and money belt on.

    This was a week after 911. We cancelled our plane tickets and drove out picking up Rave 52 along the way in St Louis.

    So they let me out of the hospital Fri about dinner time but I had no shoes, socks or shirt. They gave me a hospital gown to wear out and those tote socks. That's all I wore. They called me a cab.

    The cabbie said where to and I said a shoe store so he dropped me out and waited. I walked in and everyone stared at me. I looked like those guys from a mental institution like in Jack Nickelson's movie. I said I need shoes size 10.5 and I have $1,000. The girl just pointed. I got the shoes and gave her a $50 and said keep the change.

    Then I got to the hotel, the one next to the stadium. It was a 5 STAR and the door man wouldn't let me in. He didn't believe me when I said I had reservations, so I tipped him $50 and asked him to check the register and sure enough he let me in. They said just stay in the room til your clothes come down.

    Rave 52 showed up about 9 pm and we got something to eat but what a trip. Funny thing, my lung doc skies in Aspen all the time but he said next time stop in Denver first for the night to get used to the air.

    T couldn't believe it when I went to the game, I was so sick on Thursday. I'll spare you what happened like when we mooned thousands of Bronco fans.

    It's one of T's favorite stories.

    I love Denver.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-11-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  2. #242

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    Yahoo has the perfect team for Manning: (Oh my!)

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...fect_fit_13840




  3. #243

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    Yahoo has the perfect team for Manning: (Oh my!)

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...fect_fit_13840
    This article means nothing it's just some guy's opinion and this is the same guy (Byrne)
    who wrote an article the other day for SI about how Manning's career won't end well.

    It seems like Arizona has the inside track to signing Manning:

    http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=60272

    He's not coming here, he's not coming here, HE'S NOT COMING TO BALTIMORE, PERIOD. I
    can't wait until he signs with someone (not the Ravens) so this madness will be over with.




  4. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,991
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    Yahoo has the perfect team for Manning: (Oh my!)

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...fect_fit_13840
    That guy seems to hate Flacco.

    "Joe Flacco is Baltimore’s weak link – Coach John Harbaugh can preach all he wants about his commitment to his quarterback. But the facts are the facts: a ho-hum QB is the only weak link on a team that was otherwise probably the best in football top to bottom in 2011.

    Baltimore finished in the top 10 in every single one of our Cold, Hard Football Facts Quality Stats in 2011 except those affiliated with the quarterback: No. 15 in Offensive Passer Rating, No. 18 in Real Passing YPA and No. 19 in Real QB Rating.

    In other words, the 2011 Ravens were great everywhere except at QB, where they were merely average or below average. Manning represents an instant upgrade and, more importantly, gives Baltimore something Ray Lewis & Co. have suffered without through the entire history of the franchise: an elite quarterback."
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #245

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That guy seems to hate Flacco.

    "Joe Flacco is Baltimore’s weak link – Coach John Harbaugh can preach all he wants about his commitment to his quarterback. But the facts are the facts: a ho-hum QB is the only weak link on a team that was otherwise probably the best in football top to bottom in 2011.

    Baltimore finished in the top 10 in every single one of our Cold, Hard Football Facts Quality Stats in 2011 except those affiliated with the quarterback: No. 15 in Offensive Passer Rating, No. 18 in Real Passing YPA and No. 19 in Real QB Rating.

    In other words, the 2011 Ravens were great everywhere except at QB, where they were merely average or below average. Manning represents an instant upgrade and, more importantly, gives Baltimore something Ray Lewis & Co. have suffered without through the entire history of the franchise: an elite quarterback."
    He has a history of hating on Joe, I can't wait until the Manning Madness ends. Clearly
    news of Flacco and the Ravens engaging in contract negotiations isn't enough to
    convince these clowns in the media that the Ravens are committed to Joe longterm.




  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    167

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    I'm still not convinced he is healthy (and no I don't want to bet Peterman), but I have thought all along he wants to be in Houston. Andre, Foster, Daniels, OL, defense, dome. Denver, AZ, Miami, etc. don't offer anywhere near that kind of setup.




  7. #247

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    Peyton Manning Narrows down to two:Tennessee Titans or Denver-Broncos

    I really cant see him going to the titans. Broncos made the most sense all along to me if I were him. I think if true, this report assures it.
    -JAB




  8. #248
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,991
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Peyton Manning Narrows down to two:Tennessee Titans or Denver-Broncos

    I really cant see him going to the titans. Broncos made the most sense all along to me if I were him. I think if true, this report assures it.
    Guess he was serious about wanting to stay in the AFC. I thought the Cards had a real shot but obviously not.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #249

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Peyton Manning Narrows down to two:Tennessee Titans or Denver-Broncos

    I really cant see him going to the titans. Broncos made the most sense all along to me if I were him. I think if true, this report assures it.
    The more I think about it Tenn seems like the better fit and a great place for Peyton to wrap up his career. Even more enticing is the possibility to pair up with a running back of CJ's caliber and facing his old team twice a year.




  10. Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I can't wait until the Manning Madness ends.
    It's just getting started'
    Wait until he finally signs with a team and what that coverage will be like.

    The NFL network on TV has turned into the Peyton Manning Network.

    Guys already saying that whoever signs him instantly turns into a Superbowl contendor.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  11. #251
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,281
    According to ESPN, the Niners secretly worked out Manning on Tuesday and are now in the hunt with the Broncos and Titans.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #252
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,647

    Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

    seen that, they offer him the best chance to win without a doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    According to ESPN, the Niners secretly worked out Manning on Tuesday and are now in the hunt with the Broncos and Titans.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland