Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 104
  1. #85

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale



    Yeah, I buried it a little deep. Sorry about that. I thought it was a pretty good painting of a detached, delusional owner interested in the appearance but not the act of caring. Maybe I hit that note too well... Heh.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  2. #86

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good painting of a detached, delusional owner interested in the appearance but not the act of caring. Maybe I hit that note too well... Heh.
    Indeed! ... *sigh*




  3. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach FL
    Posts
    1,355

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    Good one Festivus!

    But I can actually believe something like that would come from his office. A little more legalese of course...

    And I believe Cal and PAs meetings have been more about a role for Cal on the field/dugout, not in the warehouse.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello





  4. #88

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    Uh...
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Top tier players don't want to play for the orioles. When you have the top first baseman choose the Yankees over his hometown team then something is wrong
    Well, I for one am happy we do not have Tex here. I've heard it said when he was a youngster, he attended the O's games sporting his NY hat and Jersey. Ah, but so what. My REAL objection is this: He is the ugliest sight in baseball. Watching him at the plate makes me want to throw up. Chugging around the bases? Does ANYTHING look more awkward and gawky? How does he possibly fit in this most graceful of all sports?




  5. #89

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    EB might wanna check his "sources".

    The Orioles aren't fielding offers quietly.

    I mean, every team is "for sale" for the right price. But Angelos isn't holding meetings with perspective buyers or anything of the sort.

    And he'll never do that.

    If he ever sells this team it will be when someone offers him something out of the blue that's enough to make him sell. The guy isn't getting into negotiations for the team.

    Believe me, there isn't anything I'd like to see more than a new owner of the Orioles.

    But there isn't anything to this.

    PP




  6. #90

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    The os need a fresh start.
    I always wondered if Angelos would try to sell them but retain the TV deal as a separate entity. The current state of the os without the TV funds would be rather cash strapped I would imagine.

    In a fresh start i mean a sale to someone like Steve B....Perhaps the Caps owner could sell the Wizards and buy the Os. He seems to be a good owner.

    I have 2 kids age 19 and 16 and neither one seems to be into baseball at all. They love football and the Ravens but think baseball is boring. My opinion is they have never lived thru a pennant race where every game is important. The Os robbed my kids of this experience. Whether they realize it or not, they are losing an entire generation of potential fans because they dont try to win and for that I feel disgust.

    Need I go on?




  7. #91

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    #1 EB is a clueless assclown
    #2 There is NO WAY anybody ever buys the O's without MASN being included. MASN is a license to print money that increases the O's value from 300 mil to 7 or 800 mil. Without it you are buying a small market team that pales in revenue to Nats. With it you can afford a 150 mil payroll despite the brainwashing from Angelos and his media cronies.
    But you're still over $100 million behind the Yankees payroll




  8. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern York County
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    EB might wanna check his "sources".

    The Orioles aren't fielding offers quietly.

    I mean, every team is "for sale" for the right price. But Angelos isn't holding meetings with perspective buyers or anything of the sort.

    And he'll never do that.

    If he ever sells this team it will be when someone offers him something out of the blue that's enough to make him sell. The guy isn't getting into negotiations for the team.

    Believe me, there isn't anything I'd like to see more than a new owner of the Orioles.

    But there isn't anything to this.

    PP
    My question is, how do you know this? Because the Orioles said so? Even if Angelos is "shopping" the team around, he can always just claim that he isnt.

    My question is, if he is planning on keeping the team for a while, why is he going out and bidding on horse tracks/casinos?
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66




  9. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,634
    You might want to listen to the podcast, PP. EB never claimed Angelos was holding meetings.

    The scenario you gave is pretty much the scenario EB described.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #94

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You might want to listen to the podcast, PP. EB never claimed Angelos was holding meetings.

    The scenario you gave is pretty much the scenario EB described.
    Gotta be honest HR.

    I cannot stand to listen to EB.

    The guy's voice drives me nuts as well as his personality.

    Again, the O's aren't fielding offers. Pretty sure that's what EB said from what you and others have said.

    PP




  11. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern York County
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post


    Again, the O's aren't fielding offers. Pretty sure that's what EB said from what you and others have said.

    PP
    Again, I ask, other than your agenda against this EB guy (who admittedly I dont know who he is), how do you know the Orioles aren't fielding offers?
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66




  12. #96

    Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Again, I ask, other than your agenda against this EB guy (who admittedly I dont know who he is), how do you know the Orioles aren't fielding offers?
    Sorry, somehow I missed your initial post.

    I don't have an agenda. I just happen to dislike EB. If my favorite radio personality stated this I'd say the same thing.

    As far as how I know. Without going into specifics, I've been told by some people who are in the know that there is nothing to this.

    I get that some roll their eyes when they hear this. Take it for what it's worth. And again, I wish that PA would sell the team tomorrow.


    PP




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland