Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 97
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jumped off Couch
    Posts
    1,013


    Over-interpreting to read this as a sign the Ravens feel confident in locking up Webb?

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,650
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    One year ago we were all stressing about the CB position... I guess things have changed
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #27

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    There is not much to read into this. Even when Chris Carr is taken into consideration, this would have been your 2012 depth chart at CB:

    Lardarius Webb
    Cary Williams
    Jimmy Smith
    Danny Gorrer
    Chris Carr

    Then, you haven't even touched on the idea that Chykie Brown could improve. Carr was making too much money for a fifth CB. So, they are going to give him the chance to join another team early. They were going to cut him eventually.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #28

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is not much to read into this. Even when Chris Carr is taken into consideration, this would have been your 2012 depth chart at CB:

    Lardarius Webb
    Cary Williams
    Jimmy Smith
    Danny Gorrer
    Chris Carr

    Then, you haven't even touched on the idea that Chykie Brown could improve. Carr was making too much money for a fifth CB. So, they are going to give him the chance to join another team early. They were going to cut him eventually.
    Exactly.

    Hell, Carr was a healthy scratch for the Houston playoff game!

    PP




  5. #29

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Well who cares, we don't need to save 1.9 million in cap space by waiting 3 months. Raven cap management is awful. It's trivial compared to the 6.3 million we wasted last year by not letting Mcgahee go in March instead of August. Careless and reckless with money. Had they made the right moves signing Grubbs or a#1 WR would be a peice a cake.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,706
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Good luck Carr. Hope you land in Indy with Pags and are given the chance to start.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #31

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Well who cares, we don't need to save 1.9 million in cap space by waiting 3 months. Raven cap management is awful. It's trivial compared to the 6.3 million we wasted last year by not letting Mcgahee go in March instead of August. Careless and reckless with money. Had they made the right moves signing Grubbs or a#1 WR would be a peice a cake.
    This is kind of a ridiculous statement. You want bad cap management, go 40 miles south and a couple hundred miles west to our division rival.... That's bad cap management.

    Why don't we let the FO do what it does best and reserve judgement until all is said and done.




  8. #32

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good luck Carr. Hope you land in Indy with Pags and are given the chance to start.
    There or Dallas who needs veteran corner help badly.




  9. #33

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Well who cares, we don't need to save 1.9 million in cap space by waiting 3 months. Raven cap management is awful. It's trivial compared to the 6.3 million we wasted last year by not letting Mcgahee go in March instead of August. Careless and reckless with money. Had they made the right moves signing Grubbs or a#1 WR would be a peice a cake.
    They can cut Carr now and designate him as a Post June 1st release, which I'm sure is what they did.




  10. #34

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    This is kind of a ridiculous statement. You want bad cap management, go 40 miles south and a couple hundred miles west to our division rival.... That's bad cap management.

    Why don't we let the FO do what it does best and reserve judgement until all is said and done.
    How many Sb's have they won recently? Been in 3 to our Zero, they just restructure and cut players it works for them obviously. Just doing it in different manner.




  11. #35

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post
    They can cut Carr now and designate him as a Post June 1st release, which I'm sure is what they did.
    I hope so.




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,650

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    yea they cut him know for him to resign with someone, but for the ravens POV, it essentially doesnt happen until after the june 1st date, and we will then get the $2.5 mil cap saving then
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedpixuoff View Post
    They can cut Carr now and designate him as a Post June 1st release, which I'm sure is what they did.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland