Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 119
  1. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney vs Obama?



    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So you've been researching this your whole life and know you're right? Yet you've made errors?

    Sorry Trap. I was wrong (to a degree) about polygamy, you were wrong about the cross, not believing in Jesus, being "Satan Worshipers" etc.

    Stop twisting things around. You've been doing it for two days now. I said they didn't believe in Jesus like
    we do. That's why the Mormons walked out of my house when I asked them to accept him. While they say
    the believe in Jesus they believe he is the brother of Lucifer. The Bible doesn't say that. It says Jesus
    was the only begotten son of God. They don't believe in the trinity of the 3 God head - God, Son and
    the holy Ghost/Spirt. I posted two links showing those are recognized satanic symbols on their temple.
    Here's yet another link showing these as recognized satanic symbols including Baal's Sun God whom
    God admonished. The scripture verses I posted above explains all that but of course you don't believe
    in scripture verse. These are the same symbols on their building(s).

    http://a-voice-in-wilderness.blogspo...-in-world.html

    That coincides with their belief that Lucifer was Christ's brother which the Bible doesn't say. Stop
    distorting what was said. You're still reaching for straws.



    I am glad you think you're right, that's important to you about your views, but judging others for what they believe? I find Mormons way more tolerant of others views than you are of theirs. How does that saying go judge not lest ye be judged?

    God is doing the judging as he judged Smith and Young for all those wives they had plus all the other
    Mormons. I didn't just any one person. I'm saying the same about as atheists that don't believe in
    Christ.
    You need to worry about God judging you and even if I'm wrong on the symbols, that's just a small
    fraction of all the points you were proven wrong on.


    I just found this which explains what I've been saying for two days about what Mormons actually
    believe in Christ. Hope this helps but I'm sure it wont.


    What Mormons and Christians believe about salvation

    Mormons

    Mormons believe that all men are saved from suffering through Jesus Christ's death on the cross. This thereby states that all men are redeemed from their sin and can all achieve the great reward of heaven.

    Christians

    Christians believe that Jesus Christ, God's son, died on the cross for the world's sins, but there is another very important step. In order to become a Christian, one must accept Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior. This step is not respected by the Mormons.
    That's why the two Mormons walked out of my house. They wouldn't accept Christ which you don't
    understand because you won't either.


    That's why God will judge you. I'm trying to reach you man, not judge you. I'm probably the last
    person you'll ever hear this from before you die. My next door neighbor heard it from me last
    summer and accepted Christ. Three weeks later he died of cancer and I was just talking to his
    wife this morning about it and she's receptive. He told her what he did.


    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  2. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You need to worry about God judging you and even if I'm wrong on the symbols, that's just a small
    fraction of all the points you were proven wrong on.

    I just found this which explains what I've been saying for two days about what Mormons actually
    believe in Christ. Hope this helps but I'm sure it wont.


    What Mormons and Christians believe about salvation

    Mormons

    Mormons believe that all men are saved from suffering through Jesus Christ's death on the cross. This thereby states that all men are redeemed from their sin and can all achieve the great reward of heaven.

    Christians

    Christians believe that Jesus Christ, God's son, died on the cross for the world's sins, but there is another very important step. In order to become a Christian, one must accept Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior. This step is not respected by the Mormons.
    That's why the two Mormons walked out of my house. They wouldn't accept Christ which you don't
    understand because you won't either.


    That's why God will judge you. I'm trying to reach you man, not judge you. I'm probably the last
    person you'll ever hear this from before you die. My next door neighbor heard it from me last
    summer and accepted Christ. Three weeks later he died of cancer and I was just talking to his
    wife this morning about it and she's receptive. He told her what he did.
    Trap you are wrong. Flat out no two ways about it wrong.
    Mormons do believe in The Father the son and the Holy Ghost.
    The Holy Ghost is a member of the Godhead, along with God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
    They do believe Jesus is their savior
    Jesus Christ, Our Savior
    Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and the Son of God. He is our Redeemer
    They don't think Lucifer and Jesus are brothers, anymore than you or I are
    God created both Satan and Jesus, and in that respect, they are brothers. But in that respect, every person who ever lived is a brother or sister to every other person, because we are all children of God. If we are all God’s children, then we are siblings to every child of God. It no more demeans Jesus to be Satan’s spirit brother than it does for any of us to be related to evil people who have lived on the earth.
    So lets recap.
    You've been wrong about:
    Why they don't use the cross.
    That they don't believe in the holy trinity
    That they don't accept Jesus as their savior
    That they don't accept the bible, the just believe the BOM talks about what went on in the rest of the world
    That they lock you in a house for 2 weeks to convert you.

    You've been right about:
    Polygamy as in early practice
    That they do baptize the dead (that one is a little weird to me to, but hey who am I to judge)

    You say they're Satan worshipers because of the symbols? They mean lots of things to lots of different people. As Solo pointed out about the upside down cross (Which they don't use) And the pentagram which was not associated with Satanism or witchcraft till about the 1600's, so just forget about the symbols

    They are not a cult by the original definition (limited number of followers) or the modern (engaging in obscene and harmful practices) you could maybe say the baptizing the dead but that is not harmful, obscene would be up to each individuals opinion.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 04-07-2012 at 03:54 PM.




  3. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    You have no idea what you're talking about. I have dealt with them 1 on 1 in person and they don't
    receive Christ. I showed thru yet another link that they don't receive Christ. They believe in him but they
    believe he is the brother of Lucifer, another Smith lie. You don't know any of that stuff, not the BOM where you were wrong, not the seering scam, not the golden plates, not the trinity. You had no idea what that was until I told you what they believe in.

    No Christian can say they believe in Christ and then say he's Lucifer's brother. Christ came to destroy sin and in Revelation he will destroy Lucifer forever.


    In this link they admit they believe they're brothers but once again they deceive saying every Christian believes it. Again John 3:16 says Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. The only one. Jesus was not created as Satan was. Jesus will destroy Lucifer at the end of Revelation.

    So once again, NC has no idea what he is talking about and he keeps twisting my words around and lying about what I said.

    He has made this personal attacking me. I've used their doctrines, discourses and BOM to back my points up. He can't match that. Just say I'm wrong.

    Here's the link of a Mormon admitting they're brothers and no, everyone doesn't believe this. Only them.
    He asks how is Christ the only begotten son: BECAUSE GOD SAID SO. HE DIDN'T SAY THAT ABOUT LUCIFER.

    http://grayknight.hubpages.com/hub/b...christandsatan

    Here's another link showing their differences complaint with sources. They do not believe
    in the Trinity. They make each one out to be separate. Article of Faith p.35.

    Mormons believe "Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers" (Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 547).


    http://carm.org/comparison-between-c...ormon-doctrine


    You haven't proven one thing right. You keep lying about what I said and twisting my words around. I never said they don't believe in the cross. I said they don't believe like we do. They don't accept Christ as Lord and savior. I never said they worshipped Satan, just showed the satanic symbols on their buildings. No one gets into the temple w/o a photo ID.


    As a result of your lack of proof on what you say, you have no credibility.

    You're the atheist so is doesn't matter to you who goes to heaven because you don't even believe in it.
    You've stated before you didn't believe in God.

    You said two days ago you were going to quit. You're just arguing over who is right. For the last two days all you could say is I'm so far off.


    As my little pal festus said, I'm just gonna be the better man here and let you have the last word. You're arguing like a child and keeping it up after you said you were stopping 2 days ago, just like a child.

    I showed why millions of Christians won't vote for Romney because he belongs to a cult and they will keep the GOP from winning yet another election. Ten - 30M Christians won't vote because they believe like me but

    I still might vote him if I think he can beat OBY.

    Finally, Joseph Smith with his own set of doctrines and even its own book, the Book of Mormon, in addition to the Bible. That by definition is a theological cult.”

    You've stated before you didn't believe in God and they won't tell you everything they believe until you're locked up in that safe house was like my cousin was in.

    You haven't stated anything from their articles of faith, discourses, doctrine or BOM as I
    have. You just disagree with me. That's no credibility for you.

    I'm gonna have me some real fun and pile on Galen with the rest of the guys.

    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-09-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  4. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. I have dealt with them 1 on 1 in person and they don't receive Christ. I showed thru yet another link that they don't receive Christ. They believe in him but they believe he is the brother of Lucifer, another Smith lie. You don't know any of that stuff, not the BOM where you were wrong, not the seering scam, not the golden plates, not the trinity. You had no idea what that was until I told you what they believe in.
    I have no idea what I am talking about? You dealt with them 1 on 1? What 40 years ago?'

    Trap you've claimed all kinds of crap where you find obscure links of people that go out of their way to take half-truths and misconceptions to paint Mormons as "A Cult" or "Satan worshipers" e.g."they believe Lucifer and Jesus are brothers"

    I know many many Mormons, I lived in Utah for 6 months where the population of Mormons is 80%, you don't think I talked about their beliefs? I got some of the information I've provided on this thread FROM a MORMON, have you provided that to me?

    I provided you links from their Churches website, PROVING most your claims wrong or that you where misinformed And all you have to come back with is, I don't know what I am talking about - good one


    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You're the atheist so is doesn't matter to you who goes to heaven because you don't even believe in it.
    I've stated NOTHING about what I believe, just that you are wrong or misinformed about what you think you know about Mormons.

    This is why so many people have a hard time with the republican party, because if you don't believe EXACTLY as the hardcore uncompromising religious people do, you're an atheist and going to hell.

    Unfortunately, people confuse your intolerance with the entire party...

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You said two days ago you were going to quit. You're just arguing over who is right. For the last two days all you could say is I'm so far off.
    Yes, and I did that because you are "so far off" that I didn't want to go down this road. You can go two post up where I showed you how wrong you are, but please by all means tell me "I don't know what I am talking about" and that I am "an atheist"

    Hey Trap... looks it's Mitt Romney
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 04-08-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Look above man. I added a link where a Mormon says she believes Christ and Lucifer were brothers and she says all Chrsitians
    beleive that - another Mormon deceipt. Here's the quote again from the link and again she says every one does believes
    in the Bible. WRONG AGAIN.


    Well, yes. We do believe that Jesus Christ and Satan are brothers. But so does anyone who believes in the Bible.



    I will also publicly apologize out of our old friendship for saying you were an atheist. I thought I remembered you saying you didn't
    believe in God that but can't find it. I have a pretty good memory but I'm not above apologizing if I'm wrong.

    So if you are not an atheist, please accept my apology for saying that.

    I stand by all other statements complete with links. In at least two situations Mormons did not physically receive Christ
    as their Lord and Savior. On the second one, someone did want to but his Mormon friends stopped him. God will hold them
    accountable and they will burn in hell for keeping someone from getting saved.

    You really should have stopped when you said you were going to 3 days ago.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-09-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  6. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Look above man. I added a link where a Mormon says she believes Christ and Lucifer were brothers and she says all Chrsitians
    beleive that - another Mormon deceipt. Here's the quote again from the link and again she says every one does believes in the Bible. WRONG AGAIN.


    Well, yes. We do believe that Jesus Christ and Satan are brothers. But so does anyone who believes in the Bible.


    I will also publicly apologize out of our old friendship for saying you were an atheist. I thought I remembered you saying you didn't believe in God that but can't find it. I have a pretty good memory but I'm not above apologizing if I'm wrong.

    So if you are not an atheist, please accept my apology for saying that.

    I stand by all other statements complete with links.
    Thanks for the apology, cause I never said that. However you are still misrepresenting things. That quote is taken out of context.

    Here from the CHURCHES website on this issue.
    http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/articl...esus-and-satan
    The Apostle Paul wrote that God is the Father of all. This means that all intelligent beings were created by God and are His spirit children. Christ alone, however, is the only begotten Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of mankind.
    And as I pointed out above.
    http://mormonchurch.com/587/do-mormo...n-are-brothers
    God created both Satan and Jesus, and in that respect, they are brothers. But in that respect, every person who ever lived is a brother or sister to every other person, because we are all children of God. If we are all God’s children, then we are siblings to every child of God. It no more demeans Jesus to be Satan’s spirit brother than it does for any of us to be related to evil people who have lived on the earth.




  7. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920
    You guys practicing an Abbott and Costello routine?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk








  8. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Of course the Mormon site says that. That's what I've been saying And that Mormon site is wrong because the Bible doesn't say they are brothers - PERIOD!

    God created everyone and everything. That does not mean they are brothers.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  9. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Of course the Mormon site says that. That's what I've been saying And that Mormon site is wrong because the Bible doesn't say they are brothers - PERIOD!

    God created everyone and everything. That does not mean they are brothers.


    Trap.... lets see if you can see the point of what they're saying.

    You believe God created the world, everything in it including you and I, and because of that do you believe you and I are brothers?




  10. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    You're exactly right Galen. This looks like their comedy routine.He said he was done a long time ago. Even sent me a PM that he was done but wanted me to edit or apologize so I did the Christian thing and apologized. That's probably the only Christian act on the thread.

    Now I apologize to the entire forum for getting baited into this crap. We had this discussion on SCOUT years ago and it was nothing
    like this.

    I thought we were done. This is why I made the statement I did. He's defending what they believe. I was wrong but thats why I did it.

    We did God a dis-service on this thread. May God have mercy on our souls.

    Like my wise brother always says, why even argue about it.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  11. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    You guys practicing an Abbott and Costello routine?
    about the only time we'd ever agree.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Romney vs Obama?

    Of course, your boys hatred of God and religion and a certain's one's hatred for me enters the
    forum.

    I tried to joke along with Galen and admitted I should have stayed out of it.

    BTW Galen - why didn't you counter Stinger's chart and his statement how you cherry
    pick. Hmmmmmmm.

    Instead you just rip us. It's easier to do.

    Talk about a comedy routine, your own profession doesn't respect you.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-10-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland