Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 190
  1. #109

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...



    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    WR OL RB LB i think will be some form of our first 4 picks and in that order, imo. unless rice signs before the draft theres no reason not to draft a RB.
    We've gotta draft a safety this year as well, and early IMO




  2. #110

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    We've gotta draft a safety this year as well, and early IMO
    I think we do, but in the 5th or beyond. i think besides Reed weve only drafted Zibi before the 5th but i may be wrong on that. we have a history of finding workable safeties later or even UDFA.
    -JAB




  3. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,680
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    We've gotta draft a safety this year as well, and early IMO
    Why early? Pollard is young and probably can be re-signed easily. Keep in mind, this is his 3rd team in 5 years...there isn't a major demand for Pollard. He likes Baltimore, he's not very good in coverage (i.e. he isn't a threat to pick off a bunch of passes) so keeping Pollard, IMO, won't be a problem.

    FS could be an issue, but there is reason to think that they can find value for FS later on in the draft and have them sit/watch Ed Reed. Plus, if Ed doesn't retire after this season he could be given the franchise tag next year OR do what they did with Ray Lewis and allow him to test the market, realize he's not going to get a massive pay day at 35/36 years old, and re-sign with Baltimore for a year or two.

    Obviously, if Mark Barron is there in round 1 I think he could verywell be the pick. If Harrison Smith is there in the 2nd round I think he could be the pick. However, there is value after those two guys at the safety position.

    Markelle Martin, Aaron Henry, Tavon Wilson, Brandon Taylor, Trumaine Johnson, Phillip Thomas, Neiko Thorpe, Blake Gideon, Donnie Fletcher, Jamell Fleming, DeQuan Menzie, D'Anton Lynn, Omar Bolden, & Robert Blanton.

    Any of those guys (some are corners who prob should move to FS) will be around.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,361

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wow.

    Gift wrapped TD's?


    Yes. You remember? The special teams gaffe that gave the Ravens the ball in the Red Zone, not to mention the multiple interceptions by the defense.




  5. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,680
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yes. You remember? The special teams gaffe that gave the Ravens the ball in the Red Zone, not to mention the multiple interceptions by the defense.
    Whatever you say.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #114

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    When you talk about the QBs that Flacco is compared to, Flacco has done better than the vast majority of them, at this stage in his career, compared to them at the same stage. Along with that, the vast majority of them now have better WRs/TEs than Flacco.

    When Brady's WRs let him down in the AFC Championship Game against Indianapolis, they traded for Randy Moss. Then, they brought in the two young TEs and have now brought in Brandon Lloyd. San Diego already had Gates in place when Rivers became the starter, but also added Vincent Jackson. Green Bay had Driver and Jennings in place.

    The Ravens have started that process with Torrey Smith and Dennis Pitta. Joe could use another outside piece. They have plenty of slot candidates as it is.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,613
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When you talk about the QBs that Flacco is compared to, Flacco has done better than the vast majority of them, at this stage in his career, compared to them at the same stage. Along with that, the vast majority of them now have better WRs/TEs than Flacco.

    When Brady's WRs let him down in the AFC Championship Game against Indianapolis, they traded for Randy Moss. Then, they brought in the two young TEs and have now brought in Brandon Lloyd. San Diego already had Gates in place when Rivers became the starter, but also added Vincent Jackson. Green Bay had Driver and Jennings in place.

    The Ravens have started that process with Torrey Smith and Dennis Pitta. Joe could use another outside piece. They have plenty of slot candidates as it is.
    They also traded for and spent a lot of money on Boldin.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  8. #116

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They also traded for and spent a lot of money on Boldin.
    True. So, that's not to say that they have not tried, I will admit. He just didn't represent the best piece, as we saw. Now, if you can get a Kendall Wright or a Stephen Hill to put on the outside, you could get better production from Boldin in the slot where he won't be going so far down field. The AFC Championship Game gave us a glimpse of what the Ravens really want to do with their pass offense and how they want to fit Boldin into that equation.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #117

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    In one game he led a pedestrian offensive performance, being the beneficiary of two gift wrapped TD's and in the second game he had a decent game against one of the worse defenses in the league. And lost.
    This quote needs to be remembered as very telling of where your opinions lie in regards to Flacco. You are one of many posters here who claim to be neutral in his respect and decry other posters for being "pro-Flacco" and ignoring what you call "facts," but you can't keep your own incorrigible bias from sneaking out.

    It is absolutely ludicrous to say Flacco had two "gift wrapped TDs." How in the world can you make a statement like that on one hand and on the other hand claim neutrality? Only someone who was profoundly biased against Flacco could say something like that.

    Even if Flacco was the beneficiary of good defensive play against Houston, he was under siege the entire game with an OL who couldn't block anyone and a RB who couldn't get 3 yards if his life depended on it. The TD to Boldin in particular was a thing of beauty made from under pressure. Nothing is "gift wrapped" in this league.

    Of course, I suppose it can't be mentioned how, by your logic, 5 of Rice's 12 rushing TDs came as a result of long passing plays that were downed inside the 10 yard line or by DPI in the EZ? Those would be "gift wrapped" by your logic, but that doesn't "fit the narrative," does it?

    I thought the TEAM won and lost games? Why, then, are you attributing the loss to Flacco? I know why: because it suits your argument at the moment. Flacco should receive blame for the loss, but not credit for the wins.

    Is it too much to ask for these rabid haters to stay consistent within their own arguments?




  10. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,613
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    True. So, that's not to say that they have not tried, I will admit. He just didn't represent the best piece, as we saw. Now, if you can get a Kendall Wright or a Stephen Hill to put on the outside, you could get better production from Boldin in the slot where he won't be going so far down field. The AFC Championship Game gave us a glimpse of what the Ravens really want to do with their pass offense and how they want to fit Boldin into that equation.
    Wright would help a lot. That guy looks like the second coming of Steve Smith. Hill though is going to take a lot of time. I don't see Hill being productive at the same time that Boldin is still here. I do think that there are some decent options that might be around in round 2 but I'm not sure if there is anyone who will make an immediate impact.

    It's tough because I agree with you that they do need another WR and signing vets really hasn't worked. Let's hope they hit on that position 2 years in a row. Joe needs more options in the passing game.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #119

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Wright would help a lot. That guy looks like the second coming of Steve Smith. Hill though is going to take a lot of time. I don't see Hill being productive at the same time that Boldin is still here. I do think that there are some decent options that might be around in round 2 but I'm not sure if there is anyone who will make an immediate impact.

    It's tough because I agree with you that they do need another WR and signing vets really hasn't worked. Let's hope they hit on that position 2 years in a row. Joe needs more options in the passing game.
    At least, it is becoming clearer now. The team gave Ed Dickson every opportunity to take hold of a starting position. That took away from the time that Pitta saw the field. I would not expect the same sort of split this year, seeing the way that Joe and Pitta have connected. Torrey just needs to continue to develop. Boldin is more effective in the slot.

    I agree with what you said about Hill too. I just figured that, for what he was asked to do at Georgia Tech, a transition to the Ravens offense wouldn't be as challenging as to New England's offense, for example, although there will still be a challenge. The two things he was asked to do at Georgia Tech were to run block and go deep, two of the main things any WR would have to do here to be successful.

    Wright would probably be the closest thing to 'Pro-Ready vertical threat' out there. When I think of him and Chris Givens from Wake Forest, to a lesser extent, I think of Steve Smith and Santana Moss.

    The good thing about if the Ravens do take Hill is that Torrey will likely draw the double coverage, if not the top CB alone. Hill should see some opportunities. We really didn't think that Torrey would perform well so quickly either. So, as you said, here's to the Ravens hitting on a WR back to back years.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,680
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This quote needs to be remembered as very telling of where your opinions lie in regards to Flacco. You are one of many posters here who claim to be neutral in his respect and decry other posters for being "pro-Flacco" and ignoring what you call "facts," but you can't keep your own incorrigible bias from sneaking out.

    It is absolutely ludicrous to say Flacco had two "gift wrapped TDs." How in the world can you make a statement like that on one hand and on the other hand claim neutrality? Only someone who was profoundly biased against Flacco could say something like that.

    Even if Flacco was the beneficiary of good defensive play against Houston, he was under siege the entire game with an OL who couldn't block anyone and a RB who couldn't get 3 yards if his life depended on it. The TD to Boldin in particular was a thing of beauty made from under pressure. Nothing is "gift wrapped" in this league.

    Of course, I suppose it can't be mentioned how, by your logic, 5 of Rice's 12 rushing TDs came as a result of long passing plays that were downed inside the 10 yard line or by DPI in the EZ? Those would be "gift wrapped" by your logic, but that doesn't "fit the narrative," does it?

    I thought the TEAM won and lost games? Why, then, are you attributing the loss to Flacco? I know why: because it suits your argument at the moment. Flacco should receive blame for the loss, but not credit for the wins.

    Is it too much to ask for these rabid haters to stay consistent within their own arguments?



    Excellent post.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland