Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 190
  1. #25

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...



    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Lol you're joking right?
    About what?

    U think we are getting flacco for substantially less then 6/100? Good luck with all of that.





  2. #26

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    6/60 and get rid of Cam. Plus throw in 10 year supply of fake moustaches.




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    12,912
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Please put a clause in his contract that he can't keep saying how great he is... those that are great don't have to tell people.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    405

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Peyton essentially got 1/20... he has to pass physicals to get more then that.
    IMO, Peyton is not a comparable with flacco, IMO. He is a special case.

    Sanchez is the most obvious comparable, with his recent 3/$43.5 nSo I'd say that comfortably places flacco above $14.5m per year, so I'd say 6/90 is the absolutel low end of his market, perhaps 5/75 but I doubt he'd want 5 years unless it were more like $80+m.


    Eli got 5/90m not forever ago, so I'd say that $18m would be his top boundary.
    Hmmm... well, all I can say to that is that clearly you think Flacco's worth more than I do. At least at this point.

    If the lack of a deal is about the numbers, I think the Ravens are right to forgo the deal this year and see what the 2012 season brings. Right now, I'd say his body of work isn't worth 6/100, but I'd be happy to give him 2012 to convince me otherwise...




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,127

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    6/60 and get rid of Cam. Plus throw in 10 year supply of fake moustaches.
    That's completely unrealistic.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,580

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    you pay for what you think your going to get as well as what hes done recently..

    Was webb worth 50mil, hell no! Will he be worth it in a couple seasons, we all think so, the ravens think so, hence the apparent overpayment, but when its all said and done, it could be a bargain
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Hmmm... well, all I can say to that is that clearly you think Flacco's worth more than I do. At least at this point.

    If the lack of a deal is about the numbers, I think the Ravens are right to forgo the deal this year and see what the 2012 season brings. Right now, I'd say his body of work isn't worth 6/100, but I'd be happy to give him 2012 to convince me otherwise...




  7. #31

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Please put a clause in his contract that he can't keep saying how great he is... those that are great don't have to tell people.
    Before he was even drafted, Peyton Manning told the Indianapolis Colts that if they passed on him, he would kick their butts for the next ten years.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  8. #32

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    The problem here is that Joe Flacco has done his part to help the team get even farther than they have already been. No, he did not play great against the Steelers in the playoffs, his third season. However, if Boldin catches that laser of a pass that split Polamalu and the LB, they're likely hosting the Jets in the AFC Championship Game and nobody would have given Sanchez a chance.

    If Lee Evans catches another great pass, the Ravens are in the Super Bowl.

    However, it didn't happen.

    So, the Ravens will use the fact that it didn't happen, while Joe and his agent will use the fact that it wasn't Joe's fault that it didn't happen.

    It's all posturing. It's nothing personal and it will get done.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #33

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    [QUOTE=redmike34;441969]Hmmm... well, all I can say to that is that clearly you think Flacco's worth more than I do. At least at this point.

    QUOTE]

    It's not what i value him as, it's what I think the market will bear, well that plus the fact that the ravens like to set records with their first round picks second contracts.... Flacco is no less elite then heap was when he got the highest TE contract in history...

    The market says soemwhere between sanchez($14.5) and Eli($18m). You are fooling yourself if you think it will be less.




  10. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    405

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It's not what i value him as, it's what I think the market will bear, well that plus the fact that the ravens like to set records with their first round picks second contracts.... Flacco is no less elite then heap was when he got the highest TE contract in history...

    The market says soemwhere between sanchez($14.5) and Eli($18m). You are fooling yourself if you think it will be less.
    I said 5/75 or 6/90... which works out to $15m. I'd say your original 6/100 ($16.67m) is too high, as is Eli... but we're not far off.




  11. #35

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I said 5/75 or 6/90... which works out to $15m. I'd say your original 6/100 ($16.67m) is too high, as is Eli... but we're not far off.
    No, not far off at all.

    5/75 would be, IMO the absolute CHEAPEST deal flacco's agent could, in good faith, allow him to sign.

    Put him out on the open market with teams bidding for him? As was the question posed, and I think $100m is in line with what reality would be 12 months from now.




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jumped off Couch
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: Flacco Deal Update...

    Let's say Flacco has a similar year in 2012 to the first 4 years of his career, the Ravens make the playoffs again but not the Super Bowl and then he hits the market as a UFA. I don't think this will happen, but just as a hypothetical. So a guy who's regarded as between the #10-15 QB is on the market. What other teams are bidding for him? If it's a team with a great running game and defense but just looking for a decent QB to get them over the top (say the 49ers), well it's hard to see how that team could value Flacco more than the Ravens. If the Ravens don't make the Super Bowl in 2012 why would this other team think he could take them there? If it's a bad team than they would probably bring in Flacco to compete with a rookie for a starting job. Hard to see how that team values Flacco more than the Ravens.

    I think one of the reasons negotiations could take a while is that the Ravens recognize there would not be a ton of competition for Flacco's services if he hit the market (as a 6th year guy who hasn't taken a very talented team to the Super Bowl) while Flacco's team doesn't see it that way.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland