Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 48
  1. #13

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco



    I feel dumber after reading your explanation of your link.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Buh... Bye And do you really think Flacco is just sitting on his ass talking about how great he is? You don't think he is working out and throwing the ball?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,383

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  4. #16

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Manning was asked a question about how important the off-season workouts will be. Flacco was asked a question about whether or not he thinks he is a top 5 QB. Both of them answered the questions asked. It should be no indictment of what work they are actually putting in during the off-season.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  5. #17

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    And I'm not a Flacco hater but he like the Ravens offense is just super boring to watch. I'm tired of the 178 yard 9 - 6 or 17 - 20 games. I want to watch lights out offense for a change
    Were you around for the original AFL? Or perhaps have you tried today's arena football? Not criticizing others' tastes, but, no matter how much the NFL has tried to twist the rules to favor offensive football, it's still the good defensive teams that make it deep into the playoffs.




    Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    Manning only has maybe 5 years left and I want to get on the bandwagon and enjoy these last however many years while I still can.

    I couldn't stand Marino until he retired then I realized what I missed. I couldn't stand Steve Young because I'm a huge Montana fan and that whole thing that went down but now I kind of wish I wasn't so biased. Even Irvin I couldn't stand and I used to love to hate the Cowboys. But unfortunately great players only come once in a blue moon, Gretzky, Jordan, Nolan Ryan, Ray Lewis etc. etc. ....

    I couldn't stand Marino until he retired then I realized what I missed. I couldn't stand Steve Young because I'm a huge Montana fan and that whole thing that went down but now I kind of wish I wasn't so biased. Even Irvin I couldn't stand and I used to love to hate the Cowboys. But unfortunately great players only come once in a blue moon, Gretzky, Jordan, Nolan Ryan, Ray Lewis etc. etc.

    I root for whoever is in the purple uniform. I don't care for whatever stats and video highlights come from players of the other 31 teams. All of the guys you mentioned were either opponents, or played when we had no NFL football. Screw them all.

    Nolan Ryan was a great pitcher, but he was no Jim Palmer or Mike Cuellar. Peyton Manning just went from one opposing team to another. Let's see how he does in the cold, on real grass, before pronouncing him better than Johnny Unitas.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  6. #18

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    I don't know why I'm posting this because I know I'm going to get blasted with the usual crap responses as if I'm not as great of a fan as others are but it has to be said.
    I normally complain pretty vociferously when someone - whether it's someone on this board, or someone not (John Harbaugh) - presumes to judge whether another person is the right kind of fan, or whether that person is as good a fan as he is.

    But I'll make an exception in your case: You're right. You aren't as good a fan as the rest of us. I don't mind if you root for the Broncos. Go ahead, for all I care.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  7. #19

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Buh... Bye And do you really think Flacco is just sitting on his ass talking about how great he is? You don't think he is working out and throwing the ball?
    Who's he throwing the ball to?




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,862
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I feel dumber after reading your explanation of your link.
    Yeah, he was better off with just the link.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #21

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I normally complain pretty vociferously when someone - whether it's someone on this board, or someone not (John Harbaugh) - presumes to judge whether another person is the right kind of fan, or whether that person is as good a fan as he is.

    But I'll make an exception in your case: You're right. You aren't as good a fan as the rest of us. I don't mind if you root for the Broncos. Go ahead, for all I care.
    You guys can hang out and watch Greenday I'd rather go see Rush!




  10. #22

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Manning was asked a question about how important the off-season workouts will be. Flacco was asked a question about whether or not he thinks he is a top 5 QB. Both of them answered the questions asked. It should be no indictment of what work they are actually putting in during the off-season.
    When Manning answered his question the first thing that came to mind was the Evans drop and I could help but wonder if Flacco would get his recievers together after practice during the offseason if that pass would have gotten there a split second faster Evans could have had a better grip. We'll never know but I see about 5 to 10 passes a year from Flacco that hit the recievers in stride. ost of the time they have to stop to catch it or it's over thrown.




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,107
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    Well I thought it was pretty obvious.

    You have a 14 year all pro/mvp/superbowl winning qb working his ass off in the off season and what's the best qb in the league doing? Nothing but talking about how good he thinks he is.
    If we're discussing the obvious, I would have thought the obvious conclusion would be that Flacco's answer to the question "are you really a top five QB like your agent says you are" was about the best answer anyone could offer, other than probably, "l'll let other people decide that."

    And furthermore I figured it would be rather obvious that one boastful statement to a dumb radio-interview question does not constitute proof that Joe is more interested in bragging all off season than he is working hard.

    In short, I think it's obvious you don't think much of the Ravens offense or it's quarterback. Which if fine. But you're being harassed right now because you chose rather lame proof to make your point. That's all.




  12. #24

    Re: Attention Joe Flacco

    Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    You guys can hang out and watch Greenday I'd rather go see Rush!
    Ok! Have fun! Go on to the Broncos boards now!

    billy_crystal13-300x171.jpg
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland