Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,026

    Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday



    Per various outlets.

    Kind of expected, but I still hate seeing it. Just hope it's for mini's and OTA's.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,052
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    It was bound to happen. I think we need to think about drafting a mid round RB, just incase...




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,397
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    I know some of you guys say it's business but a $7M raise is not chicken feed. I don't like it but hopefully it won't last long. BTW - draft LMichael James
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,052
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I know some of you guys say it's business but a $7M raise is not chicken feed. I don't like it but hopefully it won't last long. BTW - draft LMichael James
    I'd rather draft Robert Turbin or Bernard Pierce who both suit our offense much better- down field zone runners. LaMichael James isn't an every down back, and is just too small to survive in the AFCN.




  5. #5

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    Rice is bound to sign the long term deal that the Ravens have offered him soon enough. A life span of a running back as we all know is not long and I do not think the Ravens will have an issue franchising him twice and letting him walk.




  6. #6

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    That would be a loss for Ray Rice. No I in team, he should acknowledge that the Ravens team made him what he is today. He should get a lot of money, maybe not what he's asking for though. If he had performed better in critical games and helped win those games, I say he could get whatever he's asking for. But he was great against average defenses and couldn't get the job done against post season teams. Next man up, let him see how the Ravens handle his situation.




  7. #7

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    Rice is bound to sign the long term deal that the Ravens have offered him soon enough. A life span of a running back as we all know is not long and I do not think the Ravens will have an issue franchising him twice and letting him walk.
    Not so sure about that. He wants way to much $ for his value. I am pretty sure the Ravens won't tag him again at near 9.2 million or so. If he doesn't take the Foster type deal, this will be his last year as a Raven. Not worried about him showing up Monday. He didn't show up in January for that matter either.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,189
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    *coughTaurenPoolecough*



    Rice is going to be pretty peeved when Double A starts killing it out there on the field and the Ravens move on from him next year.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,397
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'd rather draft Robert Turbin or Bernard Pierce who both suit our offense much better- down field zone runners. LaMichael James isn't an every down back, and is just too small to survive in the AFCN.
    James puts on a few pounds and he's the same size as Rice. But one of those other guys is fine with me, just reload.

    I kind of expect them to get a deal done this summer but if not, this is probably his last year as a Raven
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #10

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    That would be a loss for Ray Rice. No I in team, he should acknowledge that the Ravens team made him what he is today. He should get a lot of money, maybe not what he's asking for though. If he had performed better in critical games and helped win those games, I say he could get whatever he's asking for. But he was great against average defenses and couldn't get the job done against post season teams. Next man up, let him see how the Ravens handle his situation.
    The ravens made him? Can you please explain that. He only was great against average defenses? How many games did the ravens play against average defenses? I guess the o line didn't have nothing to do with that and he still finished the top in total yards with 2000+ yards. If anyone thinks the ravens will find that kind of production from a rookie is foolish. If he was to hold out I am willing to bet the ravens miss the post season. Teams take away the best player and make other players step up so with that said what other player on the Ravens can do that? I agree with most when they say RR is not worth AP money but to say he can be easily replace is crazy
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,052
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    James puts on a few pounds and he's the same size as Rice. But one of those other guys is fine with me, just reload.

    I kind of expect them to get a deal done this summer but if not, this is probably his last year as a Raven
    A few pounds is like 20 pounds? ok lol. Ray Rice may be short, but the dudes stacked.

    But he was great against average defenses and couldn't get the job done against post season teams
    Oh and Rice not stepping up against good teams? I mean how the hell can you even justify this, he has had huge games against good teams time and time again. Bengals, Steelers, Patriots (wild card 2009), Saints, etc.. He carried us on offense in a bunch of important games over the years. He isn't the best back in the league, but he is up there with the best backs. IMO the best all around back has to be either Forte or McFadden (when healthy).




  12. #12

    Re: Ray Rice Not Expected to Report on Monday

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    The ravens made him? Can you please explain that. He only was great against average defenses? How many games did the ravens play against average defenses? I guess the o line didn't have nothing to do with that and he still finished the top in total yards with 2000+ yards. If anyone thinks the ravens will find that kind of production from a rookie is foolish. If he was to hold out I am willing to bet the ravens miss the post season. Teams take away the best player and make other players step up so with that said what other player on the Ravens can do that? I agree with most when they say RR is not worth AP money but to say he can be easily replace is crazy
    Time will tell what the Ravens can or will do. Rice is good against teams that he has played against before on a repeated basis. Can't deny his stats,but stats don't win the game all the time. He has had down games when needed the most was a first down to control the clock. If he followed his blockers(Leach) correctly, his stats would be better. Would he have had success with another team, who knows, he has made his name playing for the Ravens and he had help doing it. It wasn't all his doing.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland