Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 20 of 20
  1. #13

    Re: PFF take on the Ravens drafts from 2008-2011



    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Yeah, me too. When I recapped the draft history one of the things that struck me was that the Ravens traded down to get both Flacco and Rice, but they didn't really do anything with the extra picks. Fabian and Zby in particularly were misses.
    We got Lardarius in the 3rd

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Then, they won't get what they paid for.
    They paid for an overrated, bench warming safety. He literally has no impact on the field other than watching RBs and WRs run past him after hes whiffed on a tackle.

    Film study confirmed this when he graded his developmental chances at a D-
    Last edited by landspeed; 04-24-2012 at 03:14 PM.





  2. #14

    Re: PFF take on the Ravens drafts from 2008-2011

    Here is a better article with a much larger sample size.....

    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ft_grades.html

    Pats 1st, Ravens number 2 overall, Steelers number 9.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    12,896
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PFF take on the Ravens drafts from 2008-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Here is a better article with a much larger sample size.....

    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ft_grades.html

    Pats 1st, Ravens number 2 overall, Steelers number 9.
    Pretty interesting article - noticed Washington came in down last under Class Clowns
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,011
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PFF take on the Ravens drafts from 2008-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    We got Lardarius in the 3rd
    Wrong draft. Webb was the 88th pick of the 2009 draft. Flacco and Rice were in the 2008 draft and they traded back to get both.

    They held the eighth pick, but made a couple moves, essentially using the #8 and #173 to acquire Joe Flacco, Tavares Gooden, and Fabian Washington.

    In the second round in 2008 the Ravens held the 38th pick , and they also traded back with that pick. They got Seattle’s second (#55) and third round picks (#86). Pick #55 became Ray Rice. Pick #86 was spent on Tom Zbikowski.

    My point was that while it was nice to get extra picks, they didn't use the extra picks very effectively.




  5. #17

    Re: PFF take on the Ravens drafts from 2008-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Wrong draft. Webb was the 88th pick of the 2009 draft. Flacco and Rice were in the 2008 draft and they traded back to get both.

    They held the eighth pick, but made a couple moves, essentially using the #8 and #173 to acquire Joe Flacco, Tavares Gooden, and Fabian Washington.

    In the second round in 2008 the Ravens held the 38th pick , and they also traded back with that pick. They got Seattle’s second (#55) and third round picks (#86). Pick #55 became Ray Rice. Pick #86 was spent on Tom Zbikowski.

    My point was that while it was nice to get extra picks, they didn't use the extra picks very effectively.
    effectively is relative though. While Gooden didnt pan out at all, Fabian filled in pretty admirably when called upon and without Zibi who knows where we would have been when Reed/Landry went down. Neither are star players but both played important roles on playoff teams. So yes we got a lot of picks that didnt equate to stars but without those role players we would have been in trouble. theres something to be said for adding quality depth, which trading back usually does.
    -JAB




  6. #18

    Re: PFF take on the Ravens drafts from 2008-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Wrong draft. Webb was the 88th pick of the 2009 draft. Flacco and Rice were in the 2008 draft and they traded back to get both.

    They held the eighth pick, but made a couple moves, essentially using the #8 and #173 to acquire Joe Flacco, Tavares Gooden, and Fabian Washington.

    In the second round in 2008 the Ravens held the 38th pick , and they also traded back with that pick. They got Seattle’s second (#55) and third round picks (#86). Pick #55 became Ray Rice. Pick #86 was spent on Tom Zbikowski.

    My point was that while it was nice to get extra picks, they didn't use the extra picks very effectively.
    was it really 09? man.. hes about to turn 27 this year and is only in his 4th year.

    The worst thing in the world is when guys with extreme talent, enter the league at an older age... Like kurt warner. If he started at a younger age, man he would have 2 more SB's

    at least he got his big contract




  7. #19

    Re: PFF take on the Ravens drafts from 2008-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Yeah, me too. When I recapped the draft history one of the things that struck me was that the Ravens traded down to get both Flacco and Rice, but they didn't really do anything with the extra picks. Fabian and Zby in particularly were misses.
    I didn't mind Fabian so much because he played pretty well in 2008, when we really needed him to with CMac and Rolle banged up.

    But, missing on all five of - Gooden (3rd), Zibby (3rd), Cousins (3rd), Marcus Smith (4th) and Hale (4th) - really, really hurt. While you certainly can't expect them to hit every one - and they've certainly done very well overall - you would expect them to hit at least 1 and hopefully 2. Unfortunately, only Zibby was even semi-competent.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  8. #20

    Re: PFF take on the Ravens drafts from 2008-2011

    The Ravens have found a lot of good players in those mid rounds over the years so I understand why they would do it, but the chances of getting a good player there even for the Ravens is still a lot lower than it is in round 1. I would like to see the Ravens go the other way a little more often, go up and get good players by spending those picks and use cheap vet FAs for depth.







Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland