View Poll Results: Kevin Zeitler or David Decastro?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Zeitler

    3 37.50%
  • David Decastro

    5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?



    Both our AFC North rivals took guards that a lot of people here wanted Baltimore to take, both had impressive college careers.

    However who do you guys think is really a better guard, and who will do better job of blocking our massive Dline? To me DeCastro looked great on film, but was overrated because he was protecting Andrew luck. Kevin Zeitler had the most knockdowns out of any lineman in the draft, and I agree with Cossell that Zeitler is better prospect than DeCastro. Zeitler is a bigger and more physical run grader, and along with his buddy Konz, was the best player on that elite Wisconsin offensive line.




  2. #2

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Both our AFC North rivals took guards that a lot of people here wanted Baltimore to take, both had impressive college careers.

    However who do you guys think is really a better guard, and who will do better job of blocking our massive Dline? To me DeCastro looked great on film, but was overrated because he was protecting Andrew luck. Kevin Zeitler had the most knockdowns out of any lineman in the draft, and I agree with Cossell that Zeitler is better prospect than DeCastro. Zeitler is a bigger and more physical run grader, and along with his buddy Konz, was the best player on that elite Wisconsin offensive line.
    According to Tony Lombardi the Ravens liked Zeitler more than DeCastro, they thought DeCastro was a little overrated.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,121

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    I think Zeitler may end up being better, but I am hoping Osemele is better than either one of them.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    According to Tony Lombardi the Ravens liked Zeitler more than DeCastro, they thought DeCastro was a little overrated.
    Doesn't surprise me, I listen to Greg Cossell a lot, and he thinks Zeitler is the better player. I watch Wisconsin a lot, and Zeitler is a beast of a guard, some people might have thought he was a reach in the first round, but I think he is going to a player to look out for whenever we play them. I guess the good thing is, they don't exactly have the most explosive of running backs.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think Zeitler may end up being better, but I am hoping Osemele is better than either one of them.
    I hope so too, he certainly has the size and physicality to excel as a great interior lineman.




  6. #6

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, I listen to Greg Cossell a lot, and he thinks Zeitler is the better player. I watch Wisconsin a lot, and Zeitler is a beast of a guard, some people might have thought he was a reach in the first round, but I think he is going to a player to look out for whenever we play them. I guess the good thing is, they don't exactly have the most explosive of running backs.
    If Zeitler does his part he'll be playing week one against us, great first test for him against Ngata and the Ravens Dline.




  7. #7

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I guess the good thing is, they don't exactly have the most explosive of running backs.
    Green-Ellis? He did a fine job running all over us in the AFCCG.

    I picked Zeitler, but I think they are both gonna be formidable opponents.




  8. #8

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Just sparking debate here:

    So, Kevin Zeitler is not overrated for playing on that Wisconsin offensive line, next to Peter Konz and co.?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #9

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Green-Ellis? He did a fine job running all over us in the AFCCG.
    New England was able to use their TEs out wide to spread the Ravens out into lighter formations, before turning to the run. Cincinnati might not be able to do that.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  10. #10

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Just sparking debate here:

    So, Kevin Zeitler is not overrated for playing on that Wisconsin offensive line, next to Peter Konz and co.?
    I think he may be even better because of it. He had to pick up the slack for a good player that didnt show up 30% of the time due to injuries.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,266
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    I think Zeitler will end up being one of the better draft picks in this class.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: David DeCastro or Kevin Zeitler?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Green-Ellis? He did a fine job running all over us in the AFCCG.

    I picked Zeitler, but I think they are both gonna be formidable opponents.
    He didn't really run all over us, we where so focused on defending the pass, we weren't accounting for Green Ellis. Besides, the facts remain that he just isn't an explosive RB, he has never been a multi 100 yard rusher. Great solid, reliable type player, but he's no Ray Rice, or Trent Richardson.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland