Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Rumours: Ravens offer a third round pick for Osi

Yeah this rumor isn't true. The Ravens wouldn't trade away a draft pick for an older pass rusher who doesn't fit their scheme.

Blog Entries

Well, Osi did say right before the draft that he'd go somewhere and not ask for an extension or a new deal until the season was over.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The problem with this thinking is that those compensatory picks cannot be traded. That is how Baltimore got caught on the back end of the Evans deal. When it came time to draft, they had to sit back and wait for guys to fall to them, while other teams snatched them up, because they couldn't move those picks. They moved one for Pierce that they got in a trade, but that was it.
    I am aware of that. But if the Ravens have a good year or win SB your 3rd rounder is late. They will probably get a 3rd for Grubbs, likely a 4 for JJ. They are still picks that you can select players with. You can't deal them, but I still would use those picks to select players and if you want to make a trade you can use your 1st, 2nd, 4th and so on to move up or back while having the compensatory picks to select players
    In your back pocket. 3-4 or 4-3 it really doesn't matter. Just get the passer.

I'd feel more comfortable with a 4th

Blog Entries

We will likely be playing a lot more nickel this year, looking at the passing attacks we face. And the one thing this defense has been missing is a true 4-3 defensive end. But they wont give up a third without an extension in place. It would be unprecedented as far as the ravens go.

If this were to happen I would expect it to be similar to the Boldin deal where we had a deal in place. Ozzie will not trade a 3rd round pick on a 1 year rental when suggs will be back before the middle of the year and we have young players ready to step in like Upshaw/Kruger/Kindle/McPhee why do something like this. For now Upshaw can take Suggs spot and Kruger can take JJs spot (which was the plan) then slowly Upshaw will groom and take Krugers place as he is an FA after this year.

As for the poster who said Rice will be gone after this year. That is not happening for free. if anything he will be tagged again and traded. They wont just let him walk and take a 3rd round comp pick for him. But I believe he is signed in July.

Blog Entries

I don't think it would be for a "1 year rental" as many of you guys think. Last year we actually tried trading for Osi, so they obviously like the guy. It would not surprise me if they see him as a 4 year type guy for us. You can never have too many pass rushers in this league.

Blog Entries

Considering the Ravens are playing the NFC East it would be nice to have Osi's insight.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

So lets say we get a guy like him, what does it mean for the younger guys like Kruger/Upshaw/Kindle/McPhee

I assume we play more of a 4-3 with osi and 2 of the 3 are play outside ray. Most Likely Kruger and Upshaw and Mcphee is the other DE until Suggs gets back. I dont see Upshaw as a 4-3 DE. Then there is the Kindle factor. Can he have a breakout year and impress? I believe he can so he could possibly be one of the 3LBs. But then you add is Suggs coming back mid year. too much invested in one position. we are fine with what we have.

But at the end of the day, you just drafted a pass rusher who will be a starter soon why waste cap space and a pick on someone who does the same thing and is much older? does not make sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    So lets say we get a guy like him, what does it mean for the younger guys like Kruger/Upshaw/Kindle/McPhee

I assume we play more of a 4-3 with osi and 2 of the 3 are play outside ray. Most Likely Kruger and Upshaw and Mcphee is the other DE until Suggs gets back. I dont see Upshaw as a 4-3 DE. Then there is the Kindle factor. Can he have a breakout year and impress? I believe he can so he could possibly be one of the 3LBs. But then you add is Suggs coming back mid year. too much invested in one position. we are fine with what we have.

But at the end of the day, you just drafted a pass rusher who will be a starter soon why waste cap space and a pick on someone who does the same thing and is much older? does not make sense at all.
    Well, just because we drafted a pass-rusher, doesn't mean he'll ever even see the field. I hope Upshaw is the next Lawrence Taylor, but nobody knows what he'll turn out to be at this point. I really like Kruger and McPhee, but we have to get over the whole Kindle thing. We have to accept the fact that it was a 2nd round bust for us.

Blog Entries

Cool handle steeler hater.

Wish I had thought of it. You don't mind if I steal it for another board do you-lol?
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Cool handle steeler hater.

Wish I had thought of it. You don't mind if I steal it for another board do you-lol?
    Not at all. I was surprised it was still available