Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 44
  1. #13

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven



    The guy played his heart out for us and i thoroughly enjoyed watching him play. He was a loud mouth and his head got pretty big, I have no problem with him retiring as a Raven.

    Having said that I also understand where ravensnhokies and BcRaven are coming from. Not so sure Derrick rates the ROH.

    One more thing.
    i know i'm a misinformed dumbass sometimes, but just where do you get Dmase out of Derrick Mason?
    I never did figure that one out lol.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  2. #14

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    The guy played his heart out for us and i thoroughly enjoyed watching him play. He was a loud mouth and his head got pretty big, I have no problem with him retiring as a Raven.

    Having said that I also understand where ravensnhokies and BcRaven are coming from. Not so sure Derrick rates the ROH.

    One more thing.
    i know i'm a misinformed dumbass sometimes, but just where do you get Dmase out of Derrick Mason?
    I never did figure that one out lol.

    LOL. Its a nickname of his. Certain people like myself called him that.




  3. #15

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    D Mase bled purple and black like no other, with the exception of Ray Ray! He is a beloved figure in this community, and I, for one, would love for this to happen. He has always been my favorite Raven for his work ethic, his tenacity, his fight, his toughness, his competitiveness, and the list goes on! True professional, and I would love for him to hang in the ROH!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,670
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    I'm not sure what it really means, retiring as a Raven. Maybe a 5 minute presentation at halftime of a home game?
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  5. #17

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Those morons in Tennessee cost him a Hall of Fame induction by wasting his first 3 years in the league, I would want to go out as a Raven too.

    Baltimore is where he made his mark, Titans just held him back.




  6. #18

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    I interpreted as him wanting to sign the one day contract in a Ravens jersey and then having a retirement press conference. Those retirement press conference get national coverage (NFL Network and maybe ESPN). Sorry, I just don't feel Mason's contribution deserves that level of commendation. I definitely think he deserves a halftime ceremony and I actually don't have a problem with him being inducted to the Ravens HOF at some point. These are personal celebrations with it just being Derrick, the Ravens, and us the fans. But a retirement press conference after a one day contract signing should be only for the cream of the crop that left at the end of their careers. So in other words, if Ray Lewis plays with say the Bucs for a year (not at all likely), or if Ed Reed plays a few years with the Colts and Chuck Pagano (I could actually see this happening)...they are the caliber of great player that would be worthy of the one day contract ceremony. Jamal Lewis, I'd argue was more important in Ravens history from an offensive standpoint than Derrick (plus he won a SB). He went to Browns for a few years at the end of his career. He didnt do the one day contract thing (right?? dont remember anything formal)
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 05-11-2012 at 05:38 PM.




  7. #19

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm not sure what it really means, retiring as a Raven. Maybe a 5 minute presentation at halftime of a home game?
    Sign a one day contract and retire that day
    No money exchanged [or maybe one dollar if you want to get technical about it]

    And then a presentation by Ozzie, Dick Cass, Bisciotti and others at half time




  8. #20

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I definitely think he deserves a halftime ceremony and I actually don't have a problem with him being inducted to the Ravens HOF at some point.
    Neither do I!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,670
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Those morons in Tennessee cost him a Hall of Fame induction by wasting his first 3 years in the league, I would want to go out as a Raven too.

    Baltimore is where he made his mark, Titans just held him back.
    He was there 8 years including the top 3 years of his career and a SB appearance...
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #22

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Jamal Lewis, I'd argue was more important in Ravens history from an offensive standpoint than Derrick (plus he won a SB). He went to Browns for a few years at the end of his career. He didnt do the one day contract thing (right?? dont remember anything formal)
    No, did not retire as a Raven and is still not in the Ravens ROH


    Matt Stover retired after him yet got in already
    Stover is doing media work and is on great terms with Bisciotti.
    Realy, I think Matt Stover should work for the franchise for media and/or community relations. Very presentable, great public speaker and he'd be fantastic at it




  11. #23

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    And wasn't there some lockout of McNair treating him like a POS as they puched him out the door?
    Just saying that his relationship there may be a negative to Titans.

    Anyway, I'd be honored as a fan for DMase to retire as a Raven, he was/is a warrior


    I agree Im still a fan of his. Even before his heroic game he showed in Dallas a few years ago. No doubt im proud he's gonna retire in Bmore.




  12. #24

    Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He's still mad at them for not wanting to pay him

    Theyre idiots for letting him go at the time




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland