Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 130
  1. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.



    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Pyite said:

    _________________________________________________
    First off my problem isn't necessarily with Christians I am one..
    The picture was a joke from a comedy show.
    _______________________________________________
    Your Point?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  2. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,197

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Your Point?
    His point is you've said you're a christian and mock Christianity (in a round about way) with the picture.

    Meanwhile you also don't take the bible literal something most Christians do. I am not saying you're wrong, just helping you out since you see to be missing his point.




  3. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    His point is you've said you're a christian and mock Christianity (in a round about way) with the picture.

    Meanwhile you also don't take the bible literal something most Christians do. I am not saying you're wrong, just helping you out since you see to be missing his point.
    I mock extremist zealot christians. Not all christians.

    Also I don't believe you second point is actually true.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_893358.html

    And since I am a Catholic where 65% don't take the bible literally I guess I fall right in line...
    Last edited by pyite32; 05-24-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  4. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,012
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/27682/one...ally-true.aspx

    No, most Christians are not biblical literalists.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  5. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,197

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I mock extremist zealot christians. Not all christians.

    Also I don't believe you second point is actually true.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_893358.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/27682/one...ally-true.aspx

    No, most Christians are not biblical literalists.
    Not all Americans are Christians.

    When the poll gets to certain Christian denominations the % goes up.
    pr070525biv.jpg




  6. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not all Americans are Christians.

    When the poll gets to certain Christian denominations the % goes up.
    pr070525biv.jpg
    The percentage goes up of course, however not one of those have a higher instance of "Actual word of God" over the "Inspired by word of God".

    Inspired by the word of God still leaves a lot of room for the interpretation, and agenda of man.

    So you just proved yourself wrong.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  7. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,197

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    The percentage goes up of course, however not one of those have a higher instance of "Actual word of God" over the "Inspired by word of God".

    Inspired by the word of God still leaves a lot of room for the interpretation, and agenda of man.

    So you just proved yourself wrong.
    Shame on me, I used the word "most". And yes "inspired" does leave room for a lot of interpretation, depending on who you ask they may not even know the difference.

    BTW that image is from Spambot's link (not something I went to find to prove myself wrong), yours just listed Americans it had nothing to do with Christians...




  8. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126
    you used the word most to prove a point about me being a christian but not taking the bible literally, so it is relevant, not just an issie of semantics. Who cares who had the most useful link, either way you're wrong.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  9. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,197

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    you used the word most to prove a point about me being a christian but not taking the bible literally, so it is relevant, not just an issie of semantics. Who cares who had the most useful link, either way you're wrong.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    Wow, you take petty victories pretty seriously huh? I was wrong to use the word most, sue me.

    I used the word most partly because it was a perception I had, but more so to point out the point Trap was trying to make since you kept replying "your point".




  10. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    And the reason I kept saying your point is because his basis for re-posting my words was incorrect in my view, which was just proven to be the case. That is why you used the words most, to make me look stupid because you erroneously believed that I wrote 'your point?' because I actually didn't understand what he was trying to prove. I used it because he was taking the cowards way out by not stating his incorrect argument outright.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  11. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,197

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    And the reason I kept saying your point is because his basis for re-posting my words was incorrect in my view, which was just proven to be the case. That is why you used the words most, to make me look stupid because you erroneously believed that I wrote 'your point?' because I actually didn't understand what he was trying to prove. I used it because he was taking the cowards way out by not stating his incorrect argument outright.
    Sorry, Pal, you don't get to tell me why I used the word most. If you felt stupid for not understanding Trap's point, that's on you not me.




  12. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: The Gay Thread cont.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Sorry, Pal, you don't get to tell me why I used the word most. If you felt stupid for not understanding Trap's point, that's on you not me.
    Uh huh... Whatever you say chief...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland