Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Could we be looking at another "three headed monster" in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That #2 RB spot is going to be open during camp. Pierce wasn't drafted high enough to be handed anything. They're going to compete all camp and we'll see who comes out on top. What I don't think though is that this will change the Ravens offense to be more run oriented like it was Flacco's rookie season. Rice is still going to get the lions share of snaps.
    Idk man, they traded up in the third round to get him. A lot of RB's that get drafted in the 3rd are expected to make an early contribution. Roy Helu springs to mind. The Ravens don't normally like giving their rookies a lot of work to begin with, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Idk man, they traded up in the third round to get him. A lot of RB's that get drafted in the 3rd are expected to make an early contribution. Roy Helu springs to mind. The Ravens don't normally like giving their rookies a lot of work to begin with, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
    I don't think Helu is a good example.

Helu saw the field more because Hightower blew out his ACL. It was a forced move but it did certainly pay off for them.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Re: Could we be looking at another "three headed monster" in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Musa Smith was drafted by the Ravens in the 3rd round by the Ravens and didn't see much time when he was healthy. PJ Daniels was taken in the 4th round and I don't even remember him ever being active. Both those guys pre date Harbaugh so maybe things have changed but I still think Pierce is going to have to earn his spot if he's going to play this year.
    He Who Dares.....Wins