Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It really doesn't make sense to play this game in Mass. Basically no one up there plays LAX. there isn't any youth system to speak of, or even many HS's that offer it. It really is the most regional sport I can think of, with basically MD and NJ being the only hotbeds of the sport. Holding the championship in Massachusets would be like having a hockey championship in Florida.
    With all due respect, you are completely wrong. New York state is about as hot of a bed for lacrosse as MD. As someone who played at the D3 level in New England- years ago- they have come a long way. UMass has a great program. My alma mater just won the woman's D3 title- over Salisbury.
    I bleed red, yellow and black. But you have exposed yourself as very uninformed.
    Having the game in NE or elsewhere is great for the sport, as long as it returns to Baltimore every other year.
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Re: OT Loyola Terps Lax Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    With all due respect, you are completely wrong. New York state is about as hot of a bed for lacrosse as MD. As someone who played at the D3 level in New England- years ago- they have come a long way. UMass has a great program. My alma mater just won the woman's D3 title- over Salisbury.
    I bleed red, yellow and black. But you have exposed yourself as very uninformed.
    Having the game in NE or elsewhere is great for the sport, as long as it returns to Baltimore every other year.

Then this has changed in the last decade or so.
    New England was INCREDIBLY limited at any level lower then college even a decade ago.
    certainly nothing remotely close to what we have here in MD.