Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 39
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,595

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Boldin perhaps?

    Torrey?


    Possibly Marshall Yanda.
    The article states it's someone who was on last years list.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,923
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The article states it's someone who was on last years list.
    Ahhh...missed that part. Well, Flacco's name has already been mentioned, so that really would just leave Rice and/or Vonta Leach.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #15

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    This is top 100 players in all the NFL right? Because there is no way a full back is going to be in the top 50. Fullback is not used by all teams so there is not a lot of perceived value out there. It would have to be Rice. There are probably about 15 or so Qbs and wrs that would be ranked higher than rice. Add defensive players and a few OTs and i could see him end up in the 40s.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,109
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    This is top 100 players in all the NFL right? Because there is no way a full back is going to be in the top 50. Fullback is not used by all teams so there is not a lot of perceived value out there. It would have to be Rice. There are probably about 15 or so Qbs and wrs that would be ranked higher than rice. Add defensive players and a few OTs and i could see him end up in the 40s.
    Who cares if he's a fullback. This is rankings voted players, not the media and fans who just say "fullbacks are dying, they can't be ranked that high", fact is he is a GOOD player. I bet you any money that it's going to be Leach, because I can't see Yanda or Webb being ranked any higher than this (there are 7 ravens on the list this year). And just to remind you, he was voted at #65 last year.




  5. #17

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    BTW...

    In 2010 when Adrian Peterson was 3rd overall, he only had 1639 scrimmage yds! Rice had more than him and was 56th.

    This list is worthless just like the Pro Bowl voting. And every other "list"




  6. #18

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Could be either.

    Leach had a break out season, so I can see him moving up to this area, given the season he had last year.
    How was last year a breakout year for Leach?
    He was a first team all pro in 2010 blocking for first team all pro arian foster. Foster had a far superior season to Rice as he finished with over 1600 yards rushing and 16 TDs.


    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Who cares if he's a fullback. This is rankings voted players, not the media and fans who just say "fullbacks are dying, they can't be ranked that high", fact is he is a GOOD player. I bet you any money that it's going to be Leach, because I can't see Yanda or Webb being ranked any higher than this (there are 7 ravens on the list this year). And just to remind you, he was voted at #65 last year.
    Leach had a better season in 2010. Not sure who the last Raven is going to be. Reed, Lewis, Flacco, Rice, Ngata, Suggs and ? Could be Yanda or Leach. Top 50 for a fullback that does not put up any offensive stats is very high. That would put him ahead of Long, Cushing, Jennings, Nelson and Wilfork just to name a few. He is not better than or more valuable than any of those players.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,670
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    BTW...

    In 2010 when Adrian Peterson was 3rd overall, he only had 1639 scrimmage yds! Rice had more than him and was 56th.

    This list is worthless just like the Pro Bowl voting. And every other "list"
    Same opinion here, it's like the power rankings, meaningless other than to argue and debate over
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,923
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Same opinion here, it's like the power rankings, meaningless other than to argue and debate over
    It is kind of interesting who the guys on the field actually consider to be the best in the league.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #21

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It is kind of interesting who the guys on the field actually consider to be the best in the league.
    I suspect that the list reflects popularity as much as talent level. I would bet a nice, well-respected guy will get a lot more votes than a guy who isn't very popular, even if their talent levels are the same. In plenty of cases the players are voting for guys they haven't even faced at all, let alone faced last year. I agree it is kind of interesting, but I also agree with Ravenswintitle that it is close to meaningless as a true gauge of yearly performance.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,109
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Leach had a better season in 2010.
    Leach was better in 2011 trust me, go back and watch the tape he was putting guys like Patrick Willis on his ass, he was pancaking James Harrison. Do you really think guys like Willis aren't going to mention Leach as a top 50 player in the league? Also, it's not a healthy way of comparing years, but the guys at pro football focus who do this for a living gave Leach a better rating in 2011 than in 2010.




  11. #23

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I suspect that the list reflects popularity as much as talent level. I would bet a nice, well-respected guy will get a lot more votes than a guy who isn't very popular, even if their talent levels are the same. In plenty of cases the players are voting for guys they haven't even faced at all, let alone faced last year. I agree it is kind of interesting, but I also agree with Ravenswintitle that it is close to meaningless as a true gauge of yearly performance.
    This is a good point. There could possibly be a lot of players voting, based off of their opinions garnered from other players, about a particular player.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #24

    Re: A Ravens player has been confirmed on the top 100 list to be named on Wednesday.

    then Rice should be higher, as hes a well respected player and actually good.

    Im not sure how they vote for these things, but i feel its more about what they see and feel is actually right, popularity only coming into play as im sure an unlikable guy isnt remembered as easily. I take a players vote with more regard than a fan or even "analyst". They play the game, they see what happens up close and personal. As far as stats not adding up to one player being better than another on the list, STATS dont tell the whole story, and a list like this of players opinions on what they saw first hand is a better idea of whats going on in the field than a piece of paper with numbers on it, imo.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland