Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!



    Ever since Terrell Suggs went down with an Achilles tendon injury this offseason, pundits have speculated about whether the Ravens would withhold his salary because the injury occurred away from team grounds.

    Ravens Owner Steve Bisciotti put an end to that talk on Friday.

    “I think [withholding his salary] would be a terrible message,” Bisciotti said Friday during the Under Armour partnership announcement. “I’d be scared to come to work.”

    Suggs says that the injury occurred during a conditioning test, while other reports have stated that he was hurt playing in a basketball tournament.

    Whether he was hurt during a basketball game or a conditioning test doesn’t matter to Bisciotti.

    “I would be more upset if he hurt himself sleeping on his couch all offseason,” Bisciotti said. “To me, if our players are engaged in activities that keep them in shape, I’m proud of them for doing it.

    “If he’s playing basketball then that’s great.”

    Suggs was criticized in 2009 for reporting to training camp out of shape, and he ended up having a down season. He vowed after the season that he would always stay in shape during the offseason, and he followed up 2009 by making back-to-back Pro Bowls.

    “I’m proud of Terrell,” Bisciotti said. “He got criticized for being out of shape a couple years ago and he said it would never happen again and he made the Pro Bowl last year and then he made Defensive Player of the Year this year."

    Sucks for ESPN...now they have to find (fabricate) something else to talk about.

    Steve Bisciotti once again confirms why we all love him so much




    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...ggs_Money.aspx
    Last edited by ballhawk; 06-08-2012 at 07:44 PM.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern York County
    Posts
    1,522

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    I agree with Bisciotti 100%.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    1
    Great owner
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    Exactly what I was thinking. Bisciotti is a great owner.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,053
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    This is why ESPN hate the Ravens though, Biscotti pretty much stuck his middle finger at lingering media talking heads as he always does whenever he gets the chance. Love this guy.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,216
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    I am still amazed at how the "Ravens might dock Suggs pay" story took off despite the fact that none of the reports came from anyone close to Baltimore. No one within the Ravens talked about it as a possibility, we didn't even have any local reporters who work closely with the team mentioning it as a possibility.

    I don't know who started this crap Mike Florio or Adam Schefter. But at one point, PFT had a story about how the Eagles and Ravens COULD dock Suggs and Peterson's pay. Then he had one about why they shouldn't and finally one about how they won't, this was all in like a span of two days. It's like he manufactured a story just to have something to talk about.




  7. #7

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    All along, during the ongoing story line, I was uneasy....thinking how foolish it would be to dock his pay for doing activities in the offseason and worrying that we would alienate our best D player. So glad we didnt and kudos to Steve B for being a great owner.

    It would be a different story if a player was hurt jumping from a plane...or even bungie jumping...but getting hurt playing a sport like basketball is pretty normal...I seem to remember Mike Flanagan, God rest his soul, got injured the same way playing basketball...Guys, we have one of the best team owners in sports in Steve B.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,161
    Congrats to ESPN for finally reporting something we all knew for weeks now.

    I really hope a competitor gains popularity, like the NBC Sports Channel, so we can have a choice.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I am still amazed at how the "Ravens might dock Suggs pay" story took off despite the fact that none of the reports came from anyone close to Baltimore. No one within the Ravens talked about it as a possibility, we didn't even have any local reporters who work closely with the team mentioning it as a possibility.

    I don't know who started this crap Mike Florio or Adam Schefter. But at one point, PFT had a story about how the Eagles and Ravens COULD dock Suggs and Peterson's pay. Then he had one about why they shouldn't and finally one about how they won't, this was all in like a span of two days. It's like he manufactured a story just to have something to talk about.
    Well, in all fairness Philly DID dock their guy for the added cost of his replacement and they were probably assuming we would do the same as the owners negotiated the option for a reason. You can bet if it was someone on the bottom 10 roster spots they might just exercise that right.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Well, in all fairness Philly DID dock their guy for the added cost of his replacement and they were probably assuming we would do the same as the owners negotiated the option for a reason. You can bet if it was someone on the bottom 10 roster spots they might just exercise that right.
    If they wouldnt do it for their highest paid player, why in the hell would they do it for someone on a minimum contract. No offense...but that doesnt make any sense. Its bad business and steve b is one of the better businessmen in the country.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,924
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Sucks for ESPN...now they have to find (fabricate) something else to talk about.

    Steve Bisciotti once again confirms why we all love him so much

    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...ggs_Money.aspx



    They're desperately hoping that Ben starts drinking again
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,216
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bisciotti: We won't take Suggs' money!

    Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Well, in all fairness Philly DID dock their guy for the added cost of his replacement and they were probably assuming we would do the same as the owners negotiated the option for a reason. You can bet if it was someone on the bottom 10 roster spots they might just exercise that right.
    Did they really? I must have missed that. Point is that was two weeks ago and the Ravens hadn't made a move toward doing that or gave any indication that they were considering. It was a dead story.

    If it was someone on the bottom 10, they would have just cut him.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland