Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,107
    Blog Entries
    4

    Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.



    http://www.nfl.com/top100/2012?modul...000d5d829cbc78

    What other backs will finish higher than him?




  2. #2

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/top100/2012?modul...000d5d829cbc78

    What other backs will finish higher than him?
    Peterson and MJD... hmm and McCoy not that he should be ranked higher. I believe they are the only one left...

    CJ 100
    McGahee 98
    Lynch 94
    Turnerr 88
    Sproles ???? 86
    F.Jackson 83
    McFadden 60
    S. Jackson 37
    Forte 33
    Gore 28
    Foster 25
    Last edited by elland; 06-14-2012 at 03:30 AM.




  3. #3

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    i lost respect for these rankings awhile ago. Jimmy Graham over Gronk was pretty much the last straw.
    -JAB




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,708
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i lost respect for these rankings awhile ago. Jimmy Graham over Gronk was pretty much the last straw.
    Yea, that was dumb.

    IMO, Gronk was easily one of the top 15 players last year regardless of position.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 06-14-2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: typo
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Baltimore
    Posts
    1,531
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, that was dumb.

    IMO, Gronk was easily one of the top 25 players last year regardless of position.
    He's listed as being #21. Am I looking at a different list? http://top100.nfl.com/tracker
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,708
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    He's listed as being #21. Am I looking at a different list? http://top100.nfl.com/tracker
    Typo.

    I meant to hit top 15.

    Purely my opinion though.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,708
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    Another reason that this list is dumb is they have James Harrison ranked above Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.

    Dude missed about 5 or 6 games & had his lowest sack count in 3 years.

    Tamba Hali had 12 sacks, played every game, and was ranked lower. Von Miller also had more sacks and more forced fumbles and was still ranked lower.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #8

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    I really thought the players would take this seriously and show the fans some insight. It turned into more of a popularity contest than reality of whats going on between the tackles. They really let us down on this one.

    its pretty much a count down to ray lewis, hes the most influential and reaches out to the most players. His play isnt close to top 5 but id be surprised if he isnt.
    -JAB




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Baltimore
    Posts
    1,531
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I really thought the players would take this seriously and show the fans some insight. It turned into more of a popularity contest than reality of whats going on between the tackles. They really let us down on this one.

    its pretty much a count down to ray lewis, hes the most influential and reaches out to the most players. His play isnt close to top 5 but id be surprised if he isnt.
    I was just thinking the same thing. I wouldn't say the players "let us down" though. It's just a stupid list, and stupid lists always boil down to popularity contests.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.




  10. #10

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing. I wouldn't say the players "let us down" though. It's just a stupid list, and stupid lists always boil down to popularity contests.
    from what it is compared to what it could have been... id say they let us down. In all reality there isnt much actual insight to what the players think of each other. might be a stupid list but it could have been really revealing, if take serious. Id classify that as a let down, even if it is only a moderate disappointment.
    -JAB




  11. #11

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    I agree, Grahm over Gronk is flat out silly.
    Not quite as bad as John Kuhn over Matt Ryan and half the league though...




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,107
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

    22 for Rice is too low IMO. Should be top 15.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland