Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady12AH81 View Post
    Please realize in respect to our 10-5 record without Tom Brady in 2008 was considerably worse than the 16-0 season we had in 2007 with Tom Brady. We didn't really beat any good teams in 2008 either, despite the decent record. Peyton Manning is a great QB, but I'm not sure they are much very good with him in 2011, they had a lot of issues.
    Agreed, I highly doubt they would have been any better than 8-8 in 2011 with Peyton. Their defense was terrible, the offensive line sucked, and they didn't have a run game to speak of. Manning would have been exposed, would have been ugly to watch the Texans defense pummel him too.

Re: Ray Rice voted 22nd in top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady12AH81 View Post
    Please realize in respect to our 10-5 record without Tom Brady in 2008 was considerably worse than the 16-0 season we had in 2007 with Tom Brady. We didn't really beat any good teams in 2008 either, despite the decent record. Peyton Manning is a great QB, but I'm not sure they are much very good with him in 2011, they had a lot of issues.
    Obvious it's not a direct parrallel situation.
    That said, I think it still is a clea rindicator of whom is the single best player in the league, bar none. But yes, I agree, that the Colts this past year were not nearly the team that the Pats were in that Year, which is borne out as you say in the difference in quality the previous year for each team.
    I still think the driopoff wihtout Peyton was larger then the dropoff without Tom. It is partially due to the dropoff from Matt Cassell to Curtis Painter and friends as well. But again, I still think the situation as a whole still shows that Peyton is possibly the best there ever was, and almost certainly the best in the past decade.